Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't completely forgotten Scotland's roots are black and white, so it's doubtful I'll ever completely embrace daisy.

Carlton player now for better or worse, and I'll support him like any other.

Needs match fitness; definately not writing him off yet. I know what he's capable of and we haven't seen it yet.

Kind of sums up how I feel about him. I'll support him as he plays for Carlton, but I struggle to see him as anything other than a former Collingwood player. Obviously four games isn't very many, and he's coming from a long way back fitness wise, but it is an interesting perspective.

Well that largely depends on what the teams form-line is like.

Not sure the Hawks are too worried about McEvoy previously being a Saint nor about Gunston having been a Crow.

If we were winning and Daisy was playing at 80% capacity he'd be a dyed-in-the-wool Blue right now.

Sorry to intrude guys- but came across this article and thought it interesting- just keen to hear your thoughts.
As a club who only recently went through a pretty rough trot- I can sympathise somewhat
Please remove if not the place.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2014/04/16/black-white-daisys-blue/

Thoughts are that the article is full of s**t. Thomas already has friends at Carlton and is popular with the leadership group especially Murphy. Fans haven't turned on him. We know he is working his way back into form after time out of the game. A little disappointed with his goalkicking at times but he's certainly not being singled out as though he is an outsider.

Last edited:
I haven't completely forgotten Scotland's roots are black and white, so it's doubtful I'll ever completely embrace daisy.

Carlton player now for better or worse, and I'll support him like any other.

Needs match fitness; definately not writing him off yet. I know what he's capable of and we haven't seen it yet.
Scotland only played about 50 games for the wobbles, been with us for over 200 games! Think his bloody definitely runs blue

Captain Carlton Junior Clinic

322428-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Buckley still looks like one of the kids from the clinic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Words of wisdom' from a former disgruntled ex-full forward! :rolleyes:

Fevola blasts Blues on and off-field decisions

FORMER Carlton ace Brendan Fevola has taken aim at his old club, criticising the decision to recruit Dale Thomas.

Writing a column for Wodonga’s The Border Mail, Fevola said Carlton’s decision to part company with “fan favourite” Eddie Betts had cost the club on and off the field.
He also wrote that the Blues “might have won a flag” if West Coast Eagles full-forward Josh Kennedy was still at the club.

“Carlton wouldn’t pay him (Betts) the money he wanted, so he went to Adelaide where he could get it,” Fevola said.
“If the Blues didn’t have the money, then fair enough, let him go.
“But they went out and spent $700,000-a-year for four years on Dale Thomas.
“He may take the occasional specky and get his 15 touches but so what?
“He won’t win you a game off his own boot.”

Fevola blasts Blues on and off-field decisions

I am surprised he could string a sentence together!

He seriously thinks we could have won a flag with kennedy and not Judd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back