Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Gday guys,

There’s heaps of talk about the Cats being on the decline and likely out of the 8 or bottom half of the 8.

I’m very bullish, here’s why.

Consider the 2022 Premiership team. Missing from Premiership side are Selwood, C.Guthrie (inj), Rohan (inj), Smith, Parf.

Compare that to the likely 2024 round 1 team. Likely additions are - Bruhn, Bowes, Clark, O.Henry and Holmes (missed GF). That’s some quality - all round 1 draftees.

Clearly CGuthrie and Rohan are still very important but I actually think we have the potential to be just as good as we were in 2022.

Plus we have 9 games at KP?

Interested in your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Thanks gents! I love the observations on the kids coming through.

We've already got a bandwagon going for Humphries and we haven't even seen him play yet
I agree that they were a little more positive than the last podcast on the “kids”.

I will await the “I was wrong on Dempsey” podcast at some stage. They both softened a little in this version (after he had been picked”) from the “missing in action” comment of prior podcast. I am hoping Ollie plays well Saturday and the K rock boys use the words “we were wrong!”. Lets see!!

I will await the “I was wrong on Dempsey” podcast at some stage. They both softened a little in this version (after he had been picked”) from the “missing in action” comment of prior podcast. I am hoping Ollie plays well Saturday and the K rock boys use the words “we were wrong!”. Lets see!!
The insulting of certain players is generally pretty incessant and unrelenting, though, despite any accumulated evidence to the contrary. The Guthries both copped it for years. Stanley still apparently merits no respect. And MOC and Tuohy are now clearly only on the GFC list for comedic purposes, if you embrace the opinions of Tom and Ben on their current worth to the club.

So basically the best you can hope for is that the players they've previously pilloried will be ignored in their ongoing prognostications. Anything more than that would be stretching them into the uncomfortable territory of being compelled to offer their best Arthur Fonzarelli impression.

#iwaswrwrwrwr

The insulting of certain players is generally pretty incessant and unrelenting, though, despite any accumulated evidence to the contrary. The Guthries both copped it for years. Stanley still apparently merits no respect. And MOC and Tuohy are now clearly only on the GFC list for comedic purposes, if you embrace the opinions of Tom and Ben on their current worth to the club.

So basically the best you can hope for is that the players they've previously pilloried will be ignored in their ongoing prognostications. Anything more than that would be stretching them into the uncomfortable territory of being compelled to offer their best Arthur Fonzarelli impression.

#iwaswrwrwrwr
Maybe let's just see what the kids look like without older players to lean on before we ask for the full mea culpa

I am positive, I think we have the bones of a good team. But a good team for 2027

Maybe let's just see what the kids look like without older players to lean on before we ask for the full mea culpa
I made no specific mention of how they're rating the kids at this point. Simply pointed out how certain established players have been mocked for years, despite the fact that each one of them (as a minimum) is a premiership player in the hoops.

I made no specific mention of how they're rating the kids at this point. Simply pointed out how certain established players have been mocked for years, despite the fact that each one of them (as a minimum) is a premiership player in the hoops.

All good fodder for next week's show. Thanks, goyoucatters

If you discount De Koning’s fabulous first season - and were picking a team on form (not potential or talent) would De Koning get a spot?
He was poor last year and again on Saturday gave away multiple frees and kept spilling marks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A further question on SDK.

Joey Montagna on the show "the first crack" last night called out 4 of our back 6 as being integral to our game plan and said we're two goals better with all of them playing.

He then showed vision of them following a triangular pattern when defending and rolling that around in a kind of formation with the other defenders moving further out.

My question is this: for all the heat SDK is copping about his round 1 effort, in your view is the criticism warranted or is he positioning to play the team game and getting caught short individually when it happens?

Many have noted on BigFooty that they are unable to get any phone coverage during the game. That was my experience as well, being with Telstra, and could not access the internet or message for 3 hours. Is this something you can raise with the powers-that-be at the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many have noted on BigFooty that they are unable to get any phone coverage during the game. That was my experience as well, being with Telstra, and could not access the internet or message for 3 hours. Is this something you can raise with the powers-that-be at the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And on this, from a KRock point of view, it makes the krockfootball.live stream redundant as there isn't internet access to make it work, even via the stadium's wi-fi. I'm sure plenty have contacted the club as it seemed worse than usual, but if you guys have a connection to someone to raise it with that would be much appreciated :)

And on this, from a KRock point of view, it makes the krockfootball.live stream redundant as there isn't internet access to make it work, even via the stadium's wi-fi. I'm sure plenty have contacted the club as it seemed worse than usual, but if you guys have a connection to someone to raise it with that would be much appreciated :)
Yep, came here to say this, too. Some decent free wifi at the stadium would mean we could listen to your dulcet tones in one ear as we enjoy the live action at the new stadium. If you can enquire, I'm sure many would appreciate.

Yep, came here to say this, too. Some decent free wifi at the stadium would mean we could listen to your dulcet tones in one ear as we enjoy the live action at the new stadium. If you can enquire, I'm sure many would appreciate.

Hey Mattttty (and others)

We will raise this - thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Feel free to post your questions for this week's podcast here!

Recording 12pm Thursday.

See

A further question on SDK.

Joey Montagna on the show "the first crack" last night called out 4 of our back 6 as being integral to our game plan and said we're two goals better with all of them playing.

He then showed vision of them following a triangular pattern when defending and rolling that around in a kind of formation with the other defenders moving further out.

My question is this: for all the heat SDK is copping about his round 1 effort, in your view is the criticism warranted or is he positioning to play the team game and getting caught short individually when it happens?

To add to this: footage came up again on the show "on the couch" highlighting the risks we take pushing the defenders forward as far as we do.

Showed it working over and over again to prevent movement past the two forward points of the triangle but also when it does get out the back it's left to a 1 on 1.

Last edited:

Recording 12pm Thursday.
Gents, what do you predict Ollie Henry ending up as... I feel he has the potential to both frustrate and delight us in the space of a night. Goes chunks without seeing the footy and then can have 4 shots in a quarter and turn or win a game.
Is this just a young player thing or something that he will, for want of a better term grow out of. I love what he can bring but find him a really hard one to try predict what he'll end up

Recording 12pm Thursday.

The art of war by sun tsu states that you should never drop an uncontested mark and let the ball out the back for an easy goal, which is unfortunately what the big number 1 did late Saturday, getting it back to a 1 point game. He’s been at the cats for 10 years, is a premiership ruckman, but has the Loch Ness Conway evolved enough yet?
Really impressed again by the younger brigade in bruhn Clark Holmes. Yes danger had big moments but bruhns 10 touch second qtr showed us what he’ll become. Clark goes in wrecking ball style and is tough as a $2 steak. I’ve been on the Dempsey bandwagon a while, and whilst one swallow doesn’t make a summer, it does make for a great Saturday night. Hopefully he can continue to provide that X factor.
Also a s shoutout to Zac Guthrie and kolo. Both played really solid defensive games.
Would really like knevitt to be in the side in place of one of the Irishman. Is the vfl guarded by the secret service or the KGB? Getting info about Conway knevitt Willis Neale foster etc is next to impossible. It’s a real furphy (not joe).
Meow meow go pussies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good job Kingy interviewing Ollie. He seemed much more relaxed and you were both having fun with it and the hairbands.

The St. Kilda BF board says Cats "look like a lesbian netball team"...not my words

SingaporeCat

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Thanks, Juzcat.

As all the other media had had their turn as part of commercial arrangments, I was the only media left standing.

He seems like a nice kid - and is proving me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back