Coalition: History syllabus too political

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree entirely.
Gutsy stuff to publish knowing the level of entitled nastiness evident in the character who penned them,and who his backers were.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/12/18/poetry-professor-barry-spurr-resigns-sydney-university
Love this bit:

"Despite the scandal, Education Minister Christopher Pyne has indicated he is happy with the contents of the National School Curriculum review, and claimed it was ‘free of ideology’."
Minister Pyne says he has no plans to revisit the review.
What a nasty little man.

Hmm... ^^^

Sometimes I think 'massacre' is enough of a description and the gory details may be better left out for the young ones... Reading that is rather hard to stomach...

I can't believe that only in the past 12 or so months that I've actually found out who John Batman was - Anyone from Melbourne would have seen a plethora of places named after him - There's the suburb Batman, the train station in the same suburb, there's Batman Park on St George's Road and there is the Seat of Batman in the electorate - An early settler of Melbourne, Batman made a 'treaty' with the local Wurundjeri people in order to 'rent' the land from them - But in the end he skipped out on his part of the deal. He made quite profitable endeavours from bounty hunting of Indigenous peoples, especially in Tasmania...

It's an interesting take of our country's history to know that a murderer/bounty hunter is still celebrated through various landmarks throughout the city of Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back