Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am asuming he chooses Geelong but with Connors comment he beleived it to be out of Adelaide and Geelong my assumption is justified. To suggest another club is taking someone else's comments seriously, who has suggested another club?

If it was another club I would be concerned of a buddy type offer, but Geelong has indicated through the coach of the club they will not be offering that sort of coin, so again I am using an official of the the GFC. By the way I think it was Cook that said they offered ablet $1 million which if they offered PD that, I wouldnt believe it was out of reach of any club that wanted him including Adelaide he would be worth that every day of the week.

Then as far as a reasonable offer, Mark Ricciuto said the AFC would match any reasonable offer, why am I not to be believe him.

The quotes I am believing are Connors/ PD's Manager, Scott/ Caoch of the GFC , Mark Ricciuto / Board Member of the AFC

Who are you believing Jay Clarke? Lol

Balme said it was more than 1.1m on SEN

Sydney would think they made a reasonable offer to buddy

You are clinging to speculation as fact and interpreting it in the way you want to

You will know in 5 weeks

Balme said it was more than 1.1m on SEN

Sydney would think they made a reasonable offer to buddy

You are clinging to speculation as fact and interpreting it in the way you want to

You will know in 5 weeks

Who the * is Neil Balme what has he got to do with PD, the AFC or Geelong

Sydney might have but not one other person in Australia did

Specualtion

We will match any reasonable offer ?????????? Roo
I believe it is between Adelaide and Geelong????? Could say its speculative but its from his friggen manager
We will not be paying outside the Geelong pay structure!!!! Scott

The specualtion is fairly well justified, if you come up with alternatives please do quote more people who do it for a living, maybe Caro, Jay Clarke, Rucci, Tim Watson, Robbo, Hutchy maybe even Billy Brownless.

But then again if there were any quotes from Steve Hocking, David Noble they would hold real credability like that of Scott, Roo and Connors

The problem with Geelong's list currently is it is missing the bridging players. Those aged 25-28 that have 100+ games experience.

You've got a heap of 30+ 200+ game players and a lot of under 25's with less than 50 games experience. Many of the 30+ players are retiring/being moved on this year, which leave a hole, especially considering how many games those 30+ players played this year.

If you look at players 24-30 on our list who will be at or above 50 games, at finals time next year we'll likely have:

Taylor, Clark, Hawkins, Selwood, Stanley, Motlop, Blicavs, Duncan, Murdoch, Smedts and Guthrie. There's also Vardy and Menzel who will be that age and close to 50 games if they stay fit. Also the possibility of Dangerfield, Henderson and Scott Selwood. That's 13 on our list already with 3 extra possibilities who will be in or coming into the prime of their careers.

Come finals in 2017 you can add in Caddy, Kersten, Walker and Horlin-Smith. Taylor is the only one in there who will be over 30 (31 by then).

That age profile isn't of a team going into a rebuild, it's the profile of a team who's gone through a rebuild and should be pushing well into the finals.

I am asuming he chooses Geelong but with Connors comment he beleived it to be out of Adelaide and Geelong my assumption is justified. To suggest another club is taking someone else's comments seriously, who has suggested another club?

If it was another club I would be concerned of a buddy type offer, but Geelong has indicated through the coach of the club they will not be offering that sort of coin, so again I am using an official of the the GFC. By the way I think it was Cook that said they offered ablet $1 million which if they offered PD that, I wouldnt believe it was out of reach of any club that wanted him including Adelaide he would be worth that every day of the week.

Then as far as a reasonable offer, Mark Ricciuto said the AFC would match any reasonable offer, why am I not to be believe him.

The quotes I am believing are Connors/ PD's Manager, Scott/ Caoch of the GFC , Mark Ricciuto / Board Member of the AFC

Who are you believing Jay Clarke? Lol

Clubs
Tell
Porkies
To
The
Media
And
Public
All
The
Time

Do you get it now?

Who the **** is Neil Balme what has he got to do with PD, the AFC pr Geelong

Sydney might have but not one other person in Australia did

Specualtion

We will match any reasonable offer ?????????? Roo
I believe it is between Adelaide and Geelong????? Could say its speculative but its from his friggen manager
We will not be paying outside the Geelong pay structure!!!! Scott

The specualtion is fairly well justified, if you come up with alternatives please do quote more peopl who do it for a livinge, maybe Caro, Jay Clarke, Rucci, Tim Watson, Robbo, Hutchy maybe even Billy Brownless.

But then again if there were any quotes from Steve Hocking, David Noble they would hold real credability like that of Scott, Roo and Connors

Rofl really.... Sorry you're right he'd know nothing

This is a really valid point, not on the best 22 side of things but the affect on the cap. Do you have any more players moving onto the veterans list next year (I.e. Those who will have served 10 years with the club next year) as it means you will wipe off 120k from your cap for each player

I'd also imagine that some of these players will retire, move on/get delisted. Are any of these players on decent money? I imagine they would be given they are the senior players of the group or some were acquired from other clubs and therefore would have been given a healthy pay packet to convince them

I don't think we've got anyone going onto the vets list but Hawkins and Sel will after next year (if it's still around). All those guys would've been on good money. The way I see it is if we get Selwood and Henderson they each take up the cap space of one player we retire. It's also likely those who stay will be on significantly reduced contracts.

Sorry you believe in conspiracy theories, thats fine thats your perogative to believe that, personally I see Scott and Roo as straight shooters. Id hate to have my coach being a lier it would be so hard to follow a team with a dishonest coach.

Alan Richardson said he tells mistruths in press conferences all of the time. I don't think that makes him a dishonest coach. All that matters is what he says to people internally

Also you are again assuming his words mean what YOU think they mean

You have interpreted "a reasonable offer" to be less than X number of dollars. Scott may think something completely different or perhaps he just doesn't know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks I appreciate that, after all he is working at Collingwood cant imagine what he would know what is going on in the inner circles of the AFC, maybe they send an email to him everyday to advise him!

His comments were not about Dangerfield they were about the offer they made to Gary Ablett!!!!

But hey you're right he knows nothing. Must have erased his memory when he left geelong

But you're a shoo-in for Danger are you?
giphy.gif
No we're not. I've said that all along. I know people close to him and he's undecided.

Sorry you believe in conspiracy theories, thats fine thats your perogative to believe that, personally I see Scott and Roo as straight shooters. Id hate to have my coach being a lier it would be so hard to follow a team with a dishonest coach.

Repeat after me marty.

Nice and slow now.

Clubs
Tell
Porkies
To
The
Media
And
Public
All
The
Time

Whenever you feel like making another stupid repetitive post, take a deep breath first and repeat this mantra 10 times. Your mind and soul will be cleansed, and nobody will be laughing at you anymore. :thumbsu:

Alan Richardson said he tells mistruths in press conferences all of the time. I don't think that makes him a dishonest coach. All that matters is what he says to people internally

Also you are again assuming his words mean what YOU think they mean

You have interpreted "a reasonable offer" to be less than X number of dollars. Scott may think something completely different or perhaps he just doesn't know

No telling untruths or to put the word better Lies, means you are honest!!!! hahahahahaha what planet are you on, are you uner the belief yes means no?

Repeat after me marty.

Nice and slow now.

Clubs
Tell
Porkies
To
The
Media
And
Public
All
The
Time

Your club might, ever since we have got rid of Trigg and have Fagan and Roo in charge it seems we say nothing unless its a fact. There hasnt been a comment on PD from the club, the only thing Roo has said we will match any raesonable offer if he was to choose to leave.

Im very happy with the current adnministration with such honesty teh club is going in the right direction both on and off the field. As defacto said Richardson admits to lying and where are St Kilda?

No telling untruths or to put the word better Lies, means you are honest!!!! hahahahahaha what planet are you on, are you uner the belief yes means no?

You've lost it. You're not even staying on topic with what you are posting

There wouldn't be a coach out there that doesn't tell mistruths in a press conference

And again you are interpreting what he has said in a particular way with no evidence to support it

I take this to mean that the wobblers won't be playing in any grand final soon.

I'm assuming he's figuring they'll be there but Dangerfield won't be in their best 22. ;)

You've lost it. You're not even staying on topic with what you are posting

There wouldn't be a coach out there that doesn't tell mistruths in a press conference

And again you are interpreting what he has said in a particular way with no evidence to support it

No because I keep getting told by you when I post something Scott or Roo or Connors has said that they are lying LOL

I think you should take these People on face value, I would love to see you face to face with either Roo or Scott and call them a lier

If you look at players 24-30 on our list who will be at or above 50 games, at finals time next year we'll likely have:

Taylor, Clark, Hawkins, Selwood, Stanley, Motlop, Blicavs, Duncan, Murdoch, Smedts and Guthrie. There's also Vardy and Menzel who will be that age and close to 50 games if they stay fit. Also the possibility of Dangerfield, Henderson and Scott Selwood. That's 13 on our list already with 3 extra possibilities who will be in or coming into the prime of their careers.

Come finals in 2017 you can add in Caddy, Kersten, Walker and Horlin-Smith. Taylor is the only one in there who will be over 30 (31 by then).

That age profile isn't of a team going into a rebuild, it's the profile of a team who's gone through a rebuild and should be pushing well into the finals.

50 games isn't what you need though. It's at 100+ games that players tend to start to play their best footy. So that's at least 3 years away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back