Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite A few div 2 coaches yet to decide if they will continue next year or not. Which ones are confirmed staying or going for next year.

Game of the round Basin v Tempy.
Well, I thought that would be a lot closer. The battle for fifth goes down to the last round. Dead rubber with Ringwood and the Rams at Ram stadium next week. Will be interesting what transpires, it could be a bruise-free footy match.

Tough game at Heathmont today, plenty of yellow cards on offer. One jets player lost a tooth and sliced a Rams player's arm open in the process. A big thank you to Heathmont for looking after players/staff/members and supporters after the game. I really appreciate it and I am sure I am not alone.

After a year of trying Burgers around the grounds, my winner is Boronia, great Burgers, and if you head out there grab one. I will add the hospitality around all the grounds during and after games have made me really enjoy the football this year. All clubs need to take a bow and I thank everyone for their hard work.

With Heathmont and Templestowe playing each other, unless The Basin beat Mulgrave, they miss out. The Basin should win.
Would have been a very interesting last round if Mulgrave had defeated Knox last week.

Well, I thought that would be a lot closer. The battle for fifth goes down to the last round. Dead rubber with Ringwood and the Rams at Ram stadium next week. Will be interesting what transpires, it could be a bruise-free footy match.
They will play each other the following week so the game will be all about achieving a psychological advantage before the finals.

With Heathmont and Templestowe playing each other, unless The Basin beat Mulgrave, they miss out. The Basin should win.
Would have been a very interesting last round if Mulgrave had defeated Knox last week.
The Basin on that huge ground isn't a given. Mulgrave was embarrassed last week and needs to come out and make a statement or bow out with their pants down around their ankles, 2 wins (Sth Belgrave) don't make a season. I can see Tempy getting up at home and coming into the finals. All in all, it's great for footy in Division 2 as we just don't know.

So down to Heathmont, The Basin and Templestowe. Mulgrave really shot themselves on the foot with the loss to Knox last week.

Speaking of Mulgrave, social media says Booth kicked 13 today!? Oakleigh are struggling but that’s still incredible from a bloke who must nearly (if not already) 40.
3rd on the goal kicking list with 51 for the season. Great accomplishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulgrave was embarrassed last week and needs to come out and make a statement or bow out with their pants down around their ankles, 2 wins (Sth Belgrave) don't make a season.
Why do Mulgrave have to prove anything and make a statement? They cant play finals, no one is going to remember or care whether they win, draw or lose next week.

I'd be more worried about East Burwood bowing out of the finals in straight sets if i was you.

Why do Mulgrave have to prove anything and make a statement? They cant play finals, no one is going to remember or care whether they win, draw or lose next week.

I'd be more worried about East Burwood bowing out of the finals in straight sets if i was you.
I disagree, all teams want to win and head out on a high and it's not about what others think it's about the team and club, well it was when I played footy. I must be old thinking that way, do the younger generation think differently? As for East Burwood if they bow out in straight sets that's footy and as I keep hearing the Rams are lucky to be in the finals as they aren't good enough for Division 2.

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

If I have this right, EB play Ringwood next week in the last round of the season.
Then qualifying final the following week is EB v Ringwood.
Then if Sth Belgrave win the following week (they weren’t that flash against EB but they are expected to win) then it could be EB v Ringwood in the prelim.
Do I have that correct ???

If I have this right, EB play Ringwood next week in the last round of the season.
Then qualifying final the following week is EB v Ringwood.
Then if Sth Belgrave win the following week (they weren’t that flash against EB but they are expected to win) then it could be EB v Ringwood in the prelim.
Do I have that correct ???
A possibility! As long as whoever loses the qualifying final wins the following week and Sth B don't lose.

I think The Basin have done a number on a few finalists this year and so there's teams around simply barracking for Mulgrave to beat them so they're knocked out.

The Basin should win. They're the better side, they smashed Mulgrave last time, and are playing for a finals spot. They have been inconsistent this year however.

I think The Basin have done a number on a few finalists this year and so there's teams around simply barracking for Mulgrave to beat them so they're knocked out.

The Basin should win. They're the better side, they smashed Mulgrave last time, and are playing for a finals spot. They have been inconsistent this year however.
You are on the money there. :)

So you heard EB rested 8 ?? Martini and Mariani in that 8.
Very AFL final round tactic, I’ll wait until 5pm next Saturday with my verdict.
Injured, tough game the previous week. One of those players suffered a broken hand so he won't be back and one player required stitches to a gash to his arm so 50/50. Finals are a totally different ball game and I haven't seen EB play at Mitcham for maybe 8 years. It was a good game today, Ringwood was inaccurate so the NEW scoreboard flattered the Rams. Hopefully, get some players back in to be more competitive.

On a side note, the Rams women's team straight into the GF after defeating CMLOC this morning. A great effort considering they didn't have a team 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Last edited:
Well what a unbelievable finish to a very tight home and away season. For it to all come down to a draw is incredible. Templestowe would be kicking them selfs over losses to Knox and Mulgrave and of Course the goal after the siren at east Burwood. So what’s your tips for 1st week of finals.
Ringwood vs east Burwood
Boronia vs the basin
Reserves
Boronia vs knox
The basin vs templestowe

Well what a unbelievable finish to a very tight home and away season. For it to all come down to a draw is incredible. Templestowe would be kicking them selfs over losses to Knox and Mulgrave and of Course the goal after the siren at east Burwood. So what’s your tips for 1st week of finals.
Ringwood vs east Burwood
Boronia vs the basin
Reserves
Boronia vs knox
The basin vs templestowe
East Burwood and Boronia in the firsts, Knox and Templestowe in the magoo’s. Hope the track holds up at Mitcham as looks like rain all week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back