Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Jubilee park is the MCG of the East.

Walker reserve resembles colonial stadium in the early 2000’s.

If you are charging $3 for a 40 cent bottle of water at least have the decency to stock 3ply toilet paper.
From the EFNL News.

You can now quench your thirst at over 150 Refiller venues across Melbourne!

Hydrating on the go is more convenient than ever, with cafes across Melbourne welcoming community members in their doors to refill their bottle or grab a glass of tap water for free.

Yarra Valley Water has teamed up with local businesses for the Choose Tap initiative, in an effort to combat plastic waste, which sees around 373 million bottles head to landfill each year in Australia.

Participating venues display a sticker in the window promoting the cause and offering complimentary water refills – no purchase required.

Not sure where to start? Check out the top five Refiller suburbs in the east below:
  1. Mitcham
  2. Burwood
  3. Blackburn
  4. Balwyn
  5. Box Hill

EFNL’s Mitcham and Croydon clubs have also jumped onboard to help ditch single-use plastic, signing up to be a Refiller club and offering free water refills at every home game.
Yarra Valley Water is a proud sponsor of the EFNL, working to create a brighter future for the community and environment by improving the accessibility of tap water and promoting it as the most sustainable drink of choice.

Must not be offered for finals?

Wynd said at the start of the year this will be his last year. Is Matt Clark staying at Boronia

At Mitcham in 2023 Neil Winterton will coach for his 9th year,Steve Jordan his 9th year in the reserves and Matt McCubbin his 13th year approx.as president.Perhaps we are getting it right at the MCG of the East.

Last edited:
Wynd said at the start of the year this will be his last year. Is Matt Clark staying at Boronia
Be interesting with East Burwood as they seem to have a young exciting team. Be strange to walk away now but on the other hand they have a very ordinary finals record under Wynd.

Heard there was a bit of unrest at Boronia mid year but they are in the finals again and winning finals again so it would be a hard decision to give him the flick. Very difficult to find premiership winning coaches.

Justin Stanton has quit The Basin.

The proclaimed MCG of the East's playing surface resembled the current state of my backyard.

I can assure all the MCG of the East,Walker Park for all D2 followers the ground will be in great condition tomorrow.AS for parking I hope Bob Beecroft can tell us more,Bob do not forget the car park has 2 levels behind the grandstand.Good luck to all sides that play at Mitcham this week end.

I can assure all the MCG of the East,Walker Park for all D2 followers the ground will be in great condition tomorrow.AS for parking I hope Bob Beecroft can tell us more,Bob do not forget the car park has 2 levels behind the grandstand.Good luck to all sides that play at Mitcham this week end.
Just wanted to quote so it didn’t disappear this time.

Pretty sure I’ve made it clear I don’t particularly care for the Gs parking, but here we are again.

Let’s hope some good footy is played this weekend, the competition needs it.

Last edited:
Great game today. Both sides a little fumbly with the ball due to the high level of pressure. I thought souths aerial strength probably the difference with some big contested marks, particularly in the last qtr when Ringwood were coming home strong, both in defence and by Tim Smith forward and coming up to the wings.
Ringwood very competitive though and wouldn’t have lost any confidence if they do get a rematch

Last edited:
Watching them both on the ground as they went out at the Reserves half-time break, SB looked a lot taller. The scores looked like it was a great game, pity the playing surface is so patchy.

If Boronia win tomorrow they will play Ringwood. On past history Ringwood beat Boronia home and away but can’t beat them in finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching them both on the ground as they went out at the Reserves half-time break, SB looked a lot taller. The scores looked like it was a great game, pity the playing surface is so patchy.

Agree,the dormant grass and all the different type grasses they have out there.Hopefully wiil green up with warmer weather but that most likely will be cricket season.Ringwood I have been told surface wise is fantastic,East Burwood not good but important to remember we have had a heap of rain in the last week.

Last edited:
Agree,the dormant grass and all the different type grasses they have out there.Hopefully wiil green up with warmer weather but that most likely will be cricket season.Ringwood I have been told surface wise is fantastic,East Burwood not good but important to remember we have had a heap of rain in the last week.
We've had a lot of rain and yes that hasn't helped. We do play a winter sport and the surfaces are a lot better than 30 years ago.

Just saw the final minutes on the league social media. What a finish!

A shot after the siren for Boronia from a slight angle, 40 mtrs out as the result of a 50mtr penalty.

A goal to win, a point to level the scores. Didn’t make the distance! What a nail biter.

A shot after the siren for Boronia from a slight angle, 40 mtrs out as the result of a 50mtr penalty.

A goal to win, a point to level the scores. Didn’t make the distance! What a nail biter.
You can't script some games, you even had Ex Ram Bramstedt put Boronia back in front moments earlier.

Last edited:

Just watched it. Soft 50! Could've quite reasonably not given that I reckon, EB player clearly didn't hear the whistle and it did look a bit like the mark was off hands. Barely held him up.

Actually think Boronia #57 probably had a better shout for a free close to goal about a minute earlier... looked to be held in the marking contest, but was probably borderline.

Just off the last 3 mins the right result for me, I wouldn't have paid the 50m.

I actually thought the free kick was there as the boronia lad clearly marked the ball and the EB lad kept holding on. I would love to buy land off the umpire as his 25m is more like 45m. I wasn't there as I worked at EB, so I watched a replay of each quarter via https://efnl.sportscastcloud.com/division-2/east-burwood/ Umpiring is a hard gig and they make mistakes, and in saying that the umpires at the EB Div 4 game were more consistent.

I actually thought the free kick was there as the boronia lad clearly marked the ball and the EB lad kept holding on. I would love to buy land off the umpire as his 25m is more like 45m. I wasn't there as I worked at EB, so I watched a replay of each quarter via https://efnl.sportscastcloud.com/division-2/east-burwood/ Umpiring is a hard gig and they make mistakes, and in saying that the umpires at the EB Div 4 game were more consistent.

The umpiring is just something we all have to live with. Or demand better from the leagues / AFL.

The reality is the shortage is such that umpires who should be learning their trade in junior footy have been thrust into senior football before their time. Experienced, quality umpires who should be the top tier have left as the pay is so poor that it's just not worth it.

The umpiring is just something we all have to live with. Or demand better from the leagues / AFL.

The reality is the shortage is such that umpires who should be learning their trade in junior footy have been thrust into senior football before their time. Experienced, quality umpires who should be the top tier have left as the pay is so poor that it's just not worth it.
Agree, we had the umpiring bosses at EB as the young lady was umpiring and they were there to support/protect her. She handled herself pretty well and not being a close game helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back