Dixon,Danger or Treloar?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Dixon and think, despite others opinion, he's the go to guy for Gold Coast. When they've had good wins, he's at the forefront. You see his teammates lift with him fired up. I'm not sure how he'd go as the 2nd banana behind Cloke though. Something's just not right with him, IMO. Just can't put my finger on it.
The rumour is he likes Bourbon with Coke and Ice, well at least 2 out of 3 of them anyway.
And he enjoys that movie - The Dirty Dozen

Isn't it interesting...Dixon and his roomie get done for having two small (mini) bottles of wine on their room bill when their was a zero alcohol policy the night before the game and we are questioning his nocturnal habits. But it wasn't an issue when 6 pies self reported their drug use in 2013

Isn't it interesting...Dixon and his roomie get done for having two small (mini) bottles of wine on their room bill when their was a zero alcohol policy the night before the game and we are questioning his nocturnal habits. But it wasn't an issue when 6 pies self reported their drug use in 2013

Gary Pert says hi

Yes it was an issue and have you noticed only 1 of those 6 are still at the club

The rumour is he likes Bourbon with Coke and Ice, well at least 2 out of 3 of them anyway.
And he enjoys that movie - The Dirty Dozen
Yeah I heard he drinks single malt whiskey with coke. Do not want

Forgetting who you may or may not target that may also be on our list , it seem to me that the only reason you lost the other night was conversion. Is that solved by Dixon ?
Exactly , Collingwood probably have inquired about Hawkins as most clubs would with any player coming out of contract. Would be nice to have someone that doesn't waste so many opportunities , Moore might be our answer on that one but it's too early .

Exactly , Collingwood probably have inquired about Hawkins as most clubs would with any player coming out of contract. Would be nice to have someone that doesn't waste so many opportunities , Moore might be our answer on that one but it's too early .

Tom has had his issue as well. In truth you need a Gunston to compliment TC , perfect fit... the kid Shack in the u18 this year. He nails or it very close every shot.
Think that would help more than the two mids mentioned. You have done well the last couple of years. We liked DeGoey as well but get hold of a pick that could get him some how and your flag material. Biased I admit but zones, tactics bla,blah,blah..its all for nought when then your forwards can not convert. More than every Footy is like Netball , A GS who misses is just a game killer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the contract status on Cam McCarthy? He would be my first target for the forward line but whether or not he comes cheaper than Dixon is the issue (probably in money, probably not in trade).

To be fair, Reid is probably our answer with Brown and Frost doing good defensive jobs. It's just a matter of working out whether playing forward is more demanding on his body than playing back.

Dixon would be a handy get as we need another KPF. Hopes of Reid ever making it back on the park look bleak.

I'd love to get Treloar out of GWS as I think he will be a gun and if tour age profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, Reid is probably our answer with Brown and Frost doing good defensive jobs. It's just a matter of working out whether playing forward is more demanding on his body than playing back.
Reid might never play again, he can't be the answer to any current pertinent question surrounding Collingwood.

Is it realistic to think we might actually get one of these guys anyway regardless of our cap status?
We've never had any luck getting big names before, but I guess it's easier to change clubs these days.
Anyway not holding my breath

I have to doubt that Bucks would be into Dixon, but I do think the need for a KPF is greater than the need for another mid. The trade options all seem like they'll cost the moon though.

That said I have this unshakeable feeling that we are chasing another top tier mid, with Swanny no spring chicken and Beams gone.

Adams, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Greenwood, Crisp and Treloar/Danger is a strong core group, with our very healthy compliment of youngsters and role players joining the rotation. DeGoey will end up top shelf and you guys know the others.

No definitive proof but I just have a feeling that we will land Treloar provided we can meet the b.s. terms GWS will throw up.

Let's face it, nobody on this board knows who is going where, when or why!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well then why is there so much talk on here about it then?

It’s just Speculation

I have to doubt that Bucks would be into Dixon, but I do think the need for a KPF is greater than the need for another mid. The trade options all seem like they'll cost the moon though.

That said I have this unshakeable feeling that we are chasing another top tier mid, with Swanny no spring chicken and Beams gone.

Adams, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Greenwood, Crisp and Treloar/Danger is a strong core group, with our very healthy compliment of youngsters and role players joining the rotation. DeGoey will end up top shelf and you guys know the others.

No definitive proof but I just have a feeling that we will land Treloar provided we can meet the b.s. terms GWS will throw up.

I think you're right when you say that the club is looking for another top tier mid to eventually replace Swan. I also think the club would be exploring every possible option to recruit a good or top tier KPF, and that if a realistic option presented itself, we'd chase it pretty hard.

The options for FA off the top of my head:

Charlie Dixon (added benefit of being able to swing into the ruck)
Jake Carlisle (added benefit of being able to play back, which would give us flexibility with Reid if he gets back to senior footy)
Tom Hawkins (don't see this happening given his family connections, but would be my preference if it can be done)
Jay Schulz (gret set shot, fantastic on the lead and would allow flexibility with our younger KPFs as he'll probably be on the way out when they're on the way up)
Aaron Black (would compliment Cloke nicely the way Gunston does Roughead as a lead-up forward, although I think we need someone who can play closer to goal and take contested overhead marks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back