News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/two-form...onsidering-taking-a-deal-20150119-12tl08.html

Essendon would be sweating bullets over this. If they (Essendon) can't find out who these "players" are and try to talk them out of it if they're considering taking a deal they're just stuffed. Plain and simple. All ASADA need is one player (2 is even better) to admit guilt and if they're on the same program as the other 32 are as good as gone.
For all you old-school folks out there :)

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/two-form...onsidering-taking-a-deal-20150119-12tl08.html

Essendon would be sweating bullets over this. If they (Essendon) can't find out who these "players" are and try to talk them out of it if they're considering taking a deal they're just stuffed. Plain and simple. All ASADA need is one player (2 is even better) to admit guilt and if they're on the same program as the other 32 are as good as gone.
They're former players, and I would have a sneaking suspicion that they would be Ryder and Monfries, both acting under advise from the Port legal team.
If they can get deals for only 2 game bans for those two boys then they'd be mad not to take it, and I doubt there's anything that the Bombers could do or say to talk them out of it.

They're former players, and I would have a sneaking suspicion that they would be Ryder and Monfries, both acting under advise from the Port legal team.
If they can get deals for only 2 game bans for those two boys then they'd be mad not to take it, and I doubt there's anything that the Bombers could do or say to talk them out of it.
it would be more than that cos they had a chance to do a deal already, so the rest would be cooked pretty much for the 2015 season

it would be more than that cos they had a chance to do a deal already, so the rest would be cooked pretty much for the 2015 season
I'm just going by what was said in the article:
3AW's Sam McClure said exclusively on Sports Today that the pair were "very close" to accepting an offer that was currently on the table.

"That deal would involve players missing two games of football," McClure said.

I'm just going by what was said in the article:
Yeh but 2 games come on, it would be more like 5ish + or asada would look like a joke
If it was two games wouldn't you think players would have already done a deal months ago

Last edited:
Yeh but 2 games come on, it would be more like 5ish + or asada would look like a joke
If it was two games wouldn't you think players would have already done a deal already months ago
Not sure. The Bombers have done so many stupid things during this farce that I wouldn't put anything past them now....

I hear it could be the Western Bulldog players

Yeh i would put $200 on your post that your on the money here BJ, Do you think the new coach has had a big say in this issue from coming from a great organized club???

Yeh i would put $200 on your post that your on the money here BJ, Do you think the new coach has had a big say in this issue from coming from a great organized club???
I think the Coach would have had some say and I don't think the sacking of the CEO yesterday is a coincidence.
There may have been some differences of opinion on whether or not to try to do a deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Coach would have had some say and I don't think the sacking of the CEO yesterday is a coincidence.
There may have been some differences of opinion on whether or not to try to do a deal
Yeh you could be spot on as the Bev looks like a no bull kind of guy who wants his first year at the dogs all professional with out having issues hanging around. How many weeks you think is a fare punishment deal for them? i think at-least 6 to 9ish weeks of missing footy cos they had a chance many months ago for a deal.

Last edited:
It just seems strange to me that there would be deals on the table that is essentially a slap on the wrist right now when we are half way through the tribunal hearing. What would happen if two players from say Port or the Dogs take a deal and then the tribunal throws out ASADA'a case? Surely this deal then becomes void as there was nothing to deal about?

It just seems strange to me that there would be deals on the table that is essentially a slap on the wrist right now when we are half way through the tribunal hearing. What would happen if two players from say Port or the Dogs take a deal and then the tribunal throws out ASADA'a case? Surely this deal then becomes void as there was nothing to deal about?
Not really. If the two take a deal and the rest are acquitted, the deal woud still stand. The others players won't be found innocent, rather the case would not be proved to the satisfaction of the Standard of Proof. It happens all the time in criminal matters where one accused cops a plea and co-accused are acquitted down the track. They may be looking at the deal knowing that something fishy went on and to just get it out of the way, rather than risk more severe penalties if they carry on and are found guilty.

On another note, 2 weeks seems pretty light on to me. Players have got that for tummy taps.

Yeh you could be spot on as the Bev looks like a no bull kind of guy who wants his first year at the dogs all professional with out having issues hanging around. How many weeks you think is a fare punishment deal for them? i think at-least 6 to 9ish weeks of missing footy cos they had a chance many months ago for a deal.
I think 12 months backdated to the issuing of Infraction Notices is a minimum, which basically wipes out this season.
Not sure I will get my way though, I think you may be pretty close to mark with your estimate

I think it's more so that these 2 players now want to deal. I'm not so sure ASADA will oblige them

I think 12 months backdated to the issuing of Infraction Notices is a minimum, which basically wipes out this season.
Not sure I will get my way though, I think you may be pretty close to mark with your estimate
yeh it not like harvey norman where you walk into the shop and ask for the same special-deal price on a tv as 8 months ago advertised on sale asking for the same price.
If they loose this year, goddard, watson, stanton, chapman hocking, hooker, cooney and winderlich are going to be how old trying to win a flag in 2016 lol
first to go, chappy, winderlich and fletch in next 2 years, then after that the rest of the older core have a small window for a flag.

Last edited:
Wondering if ASADA have found a hole in their argument and need the Doggies players to help them over the line?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...id-without-asada/story-fnca0u4y-1227195249617

"The AFL conducted backroom negotiations without the knowledge of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority in a failed bid to secure guilty pleas from current and former Essendon footballers accused of taking a banned peptide.

It is understood that Peter Gordon, an influential figure in Melbourne legal circles and president of the Western Bulldogs Football Club, was personally involved in negotiations to settle the case against the Bulldogs’ star forward Stewart Crameri.

Under a potential plea bargain discussed between counsel for the AFL Jeff Gleeson SC and legal representatives acting for Crameri and Bulldogs reserves player Brent Prismall, a two month suspension was suggested and ultimately, rejected"

"In response to questions from The Weekend Australian, a spokesperson for ASADA said: “ASADA has no knowledge of the alleged discussions referred to. There is no sanction proposal before current or former Essendon players, or their legal representatives, from ASSADA"

"The secret talks took place last week amid growing concerns within the AFL and affected clubs that the anti-doping tribunal may not decide the case before this year’s football season starts.

The 34 players are provisionally suspended pending the outcome of the case.

Essendon will enter the 2015 season with only half a playing list to pick a team from if the tribunal does not hand down a finding before the opening round"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back