News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he is just injured, or being rested for some reason. No doubt he was hanging around the club a fair bit back in 2012, even though he wasn't yet on the list. Would make for a helluva story if they put a bit of extra "work" into him when he wasn't even officially their player!

theres a number of people who have been waiting for this day. his lack of participation in official games and the lack of response from the EFC will keep this issue alive. joe is very different to every other current player.
How so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is getting really interesting. Even if the AFL didn't want it revealed, it's inevitable at this stage that it will be revealed if Daniher was in fact a part of the program.

His non-participation in this game will only add to the speculation.

This is getting really interesting. Even if the AFL didn't want it revealed, it's inevitable at this stage that it will be revealed if Daniher was in fact a part of the program.

His non-participation in this game will only add to the speculation.

but the media wont touch it......and risk losing afl accreditation.

its down to us mere flogs.

It still baffles me how you can basically burn a club to the ground and still be a senior coach.

This sport is bemusing at times.

There may be method behind this madness.

If EFC had sacked Hird, the new coach would have to deal with all the distractions of players not being available and the circus of legal cases.

Additionally, when the ASADA verdict is handed down (whatever the result), it's handy to have the main protagonist around to deal with the consequences. If the verdict is guilty, then EFC can hold a public execution. If the verdict is innocent, having Hird in front of the camera in Essendon uniform saying "I have been vindicated" is handy too.

Either way Hird will then be let go, no question about that. Little will have already written the statement "The club needs to move on and put this episode behind us ...".

There's a good reason why EFC have stocked up on ex-senior coaches - behind the scenes they'll be assessing who will be the first amongst equals. Thompson clearly didn't want to play that game.

If EFC had sacked Hird, the new coach would have to deal with all the distractions of players not being available and the circus of legal cases.

Additionally, when the ASADA verdict is handed down (whatever the result), it's handy to have the main protagonist around to deal with the consequences. If the verdict is guilty, then EFC can hold a public execution. If the verdict is innocent, having Hird in front of the camera in Essendon uniform saying "I have been vindicated" is handy too.

Either way Hird will then be let go, no question about that. Little will have already written the statement "The club needs to move on and put this episode behind us ...".

There's a good reason why EFC have stocked up on ex-senior coaches - behind the scenes they'll be assessing who will be the first amongst equals. Thompson clearly didn't want to play that game.
I like what you said but I dare say if the verdict came back innocent, Hird wouldn't be moved on. The members love him too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and little is on record saying he will leave it to the members to decide hirds fate.

i dont think theyll sack him cos the members wont. too lost in the lies theyve swallowed.

Can you just imagine the vitriol that Hird will face from the crowd if he is kept on and players are found guilty of doping???

It will be ugly and nasty.
And rightly so. I'd be amazed if the didn't flick him though if they are found guilty. Just doesn't seem possible to keep him no matter how much the members love him.

Just on that, it still staggers me the amount of talk back callers (Bombers) who say they will still support Hird, even if they players are convicted. They blame Dank, the AFL, ASADA and use any number of conspiracy theories to justify it. Its pretty amusing

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/six-dons-to-sit-it-out

I'm so glad the AFL have put a stop to players taking part in a practice game, sorry 'training session with Williamstown'.
A verdict from the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal is expected later this month for the 34 current and former Essendon players given infraction notices for their alleged supplement use during the 2012 season.

If the Tribunal drags the case into the start of the 2015 season, the Bombers would be able to use their 13 top-up players to help fill their side, but Hird said that prospect was not in their thoughts.

"The top-up players who have come in have obviously got the chance to show the whole AFL world they can still play AFL football at a certain level and they can show us," he said.

"We're not thinking they will be required in the regular season because we're very confident with the way the Tribunal will go with our players."

wheres joe daniher ?

Don’t know but he is 1 of the Most Suspicious ones I have.

I say they year he had before he was drafted at the Club pumped him Full of Peptide so he could Bulk Up

It was in the HS either today or yesterday, but I've otherwise heard that to be true.

Put it this way, it would be a beyond massive if a 17yo was part of the injection regime at Essendon. We would well and truly know about it (by way of rumour etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back