News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Players coming in are called Squbs?

smiley-laughing025.gif
smiley-laughing025.gif
smiley-laughing025.gif

Salary cap/Level playing field.
I've even read that Essenscum will employ a seperate coaching panel for this top up team.
Will that come under football department spending?
Will they be subject to the footy department tax?
Or is that tax just for clubs like us and Hawthorn that play by the rules?

Serious questions that must be raised by our club.

Salary cap/Level playing field.
I've even read that Essenscum will employ a seperate coaching panel for this top up team.
Will that come under football department spending?
Will they be subject to the footy department tax?
Or is that tax just for clubs like us and Hawthorn that play by the rules?

Serious questions that must be raised by our club.
I think there have to be some concessions made in this case. Not to benefit Essendon. They can incur all costs and GAGF. But I'm happy for the AFL to concede a little if it means St Kilda & GWS get a decent hit out. Other clubs need not be disadvantaged by this nonsense.

Once thing that isn't clear at this point. In all likelihood, the Essendon doping players will get found guilty. Then we wait for sanction hearings that can be on an individual basis, if requested.

Are the players provisionally suspended or otherwise until the sanctions hearings are finalised ?

Once sanctions are handed down, no doubt, the Essendon doping players will appeal the sanction. Do they remain suspended and unable to play, until the appeal hearing is heard ?

I know previously sports people have been suspended immediately, not provisionally suspended, but was that only due to a positive test ? That isn't he case here.

Once thing that isn't clear at this point. In all likelihood, the Essendon doping players will get found guilty. Then we wait for sanction hearings that can be on an individual basis, if requested.

Are the players provisionally suspended or otherwise until the sanctions hearings are finalised ?

Once sanctions are handed down, no doubt, the Essendon doping players will appeal the sanction. Do they remain suspended and unable to play, until the appeal hearing is heard ?

I know previously sports people have been suspended immediately, not provisionally suspended, but was that only due to a positive test ? That isn't he case here.
Being provisionally suspended is a choice. So if found guilty they would be crazy to play whilst waiting for the sanctions as it is likely to lead to a suspension and any backdating will disappear.

Additionally if found guilty, suspended and then appeal, they remain suspended till appeal hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is bit like what is Happening at the Peptide Bombers

Not really.

"Scabs" is a reference to people who fill in for workers who are on strike. Workers sometimes strike to protest against something (pay, working conditions, safety) and by the "scabs" coming in to do their job, it undermines the protest.

This is not at all what is happening at Essendon.

The 2012 Essendon players aren't protesting; they're not on strike, they're not refusing to play as a protest against something.

The 2012 players aren't playing simply because (a) they're banned from playing by ASADA or (b) they want to protect the anonymity of those who are.

Here's the test: Are the 2012 Essendon players unhappy with the state league players who are coming in to fill their spot during the NAB cup? Doubt it.

Not really.

"Scabs" is a reference to people who fill in for workers who are on strike. Workers sometimes strike to protest against something (pay, working conditions, safety) and by the "scabs" coming in to do their job, it undermines the protest.

This is not at all what is happening at Essendon.

The 2012 Essendon players aren't protesting; they're not on strike, they're not refusing to play as a protest against something.

The 2012 players aren't playing simply because (a) they're banned from playing by ASADA or (b) they want to protect the anonymity of those who are.

Here's the test: Are the 2012 Essendon players unhappy with the state league players who are coming in to fill their spot during the NAB cup? Doubt it.

see paul little, toll, melbourne docks, dispute, scabs

coincidence ?

I think there have to be some concessions made in this case. Not to benefit Essendon. They can incur all costs and GAGF. But I'm happy for the AFL to concede a little if it means St Kilda & GWS get a decent hit out. Other clubs need not be disadvantaged by this nonsense.

I'll be spewing if this FrankenDons team actually wins a match

Yes.

Besides, wasn't Melbourne docks Patricks?
Corrigan the Patrick,s boss at the time of the waterfront dispute cut his teeth under Little at Toll and remained good friends,Little if given the chance would have done the exact same thing Chris Corrigan did they were birds of the same feather and had the same philosophical bent.

And in other news, Count Hirdula has announced that he won't be appealing to the High Court:

Looks like some Toorak lawyers will be singing for their supper tonight... #standbythelawyers

And in other news, Count Hirdula has announced that he won't be appealing to the High Court:

Looks like some Toorak lawyers will be singing for their supper tonight... #standbythelawyers

Still believes the investigation was unlawful....

Jesus Christ, he's been fighting for months, not over whether the doping actually occurred, but technicalities over the investigation.

It's like, "Hey, we cheated and got caught, but you caught us the wrong way so that makes everything we did ok!" The guy is a lunatic.

What a joke. 'I won't appeal to the High Court'. Perhaps the message has finally sunk in to James. The High Court in all liklihood wouldn't entertain your pissy appeal anyway:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back