EDFL DIV 1 UNDER 16's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14 and the last game of the year for a host of teams who don't play finals.

All games in Div 1 look like pretty easy wins to all the home teams.

Abers over Hadfield, Greenvale over Strathmore, Hillside over Doutta's, and Keilor over West Coburg.

Hopefully I haven't bored people with my weekly previews and reviews of the weeks action. Over the next couple of weeks I'll try and put together a Div 1 U16 team of the year.

Regular season all done and dusted.

Congrats to all the teams who've finished the season in top spot and have earned a week off next week.

Been a year of fluctuating fortunes for my team. Kicked a great team goal today which summed up what might have been, but in the end just made too many mistakes in games. On the upside, they were basically made up of first year players and should have the nucleus of a very good team next year.

Strathmore have upset Greenvale away from home in a result which will give them huge confidence. The other two games went as predicted with Abers and Keilor having comfortable wins.

Pascoe Vale continue to set the standard in div 3, while Westmeadows made a strong statement in div 3 with a 60 point win over 3rd placed Glenroy.

Finally, to those who like to attack the heads of opponents when they have their head over the ball, just remember that eventually you get it returned in kind. Play hard by all means, but play fair too.

Hopefully I haven't bored people with my weekly previews and reviews of the weeks action. Over the next couple of weeks I'll try and put together a Div 1 U16 team of the year.

Made great work on the reports throughout the season. I enjoy reading them. U16s is about the only level I don't get to watch regularly so it's a good way to be across who is doing what. :thumbsu:

Made great work on the reports throughout the season. I enjoy reading them. U16s is about the only level I don't get to watch regularly so it's a good way to be across who is doing what. :thumbsu:

Thanks mate. I've deliberately not used any names during the course of the year, but I'll try and give a good wrap on the kids in my team of the year.

FINALS TIPS

A GRADE
Qualifying Final 2:20pm @ Buckley Park
Greenvale v Strathmore - 14 points
Elimination Final 2:20pm @ Canning Reserve
Aberfeldie v Hillside - 30 points

B GRADE
Qualifying Final 2:20pm @ Keilor Park Reserve
Craigieburn v Moonee Valley - 6 points
Elimination Final 2:20pm @ Hansen Reserve
Roxburgh Park v Taylors Lakes - 20 points

C GRADE
Qualifying Final 2:20pm @ Lakeside Oval
Glenroy v Northern Saints - 15 Points
Elimination Final 2:20pm @ Willowbrook Reserve
Avondale v Jacana - 30 Points

Well, I took in the Div 2 game as planned and I must say, Craigieburn were very disappointing and well beaten by a Moonee Valley side who dominated throughout.

I remember watching this young kid many years ago in U10's and he's turned out to be the very footballer I thought he'd become. He was always a tall kid and that hasn't changed. Took some monster grabs today and kicked a couple of ripping goals. I thought Peter Wright was the major difference between the two sides.

I'd hate to think how good Pascoe Vale might be, because Moonee Valley were very impressive.

Greenvale smashed Strathmore in Div 1, while Abers had a narrow 16 point win over Hillside to end the latters season. In div 3 Glenroy had an easy win over Northern and Avondale ended Jacana's season with a 26 point win.

Week 2 of the finals and for mine it's time for Greenvale to stand up and make a statement.

They are a very good side who IMO are more than capable of knocking of the might of Keilor. They have a very astute coach who will have his side cherry ripe for the occasion. I really can see an upset in this game and predict a 10 point win to the Jets.

Strathmore, who've been easily the surprise packet of 2012 take on the very potent Aberfeldie in what should be an outstanding Elimination final. I'm predicting a 18 point win to the two blues.

In Div 2 Pascoe Vale face Moonee Valley and they'll need to go even better than last week to upset the unbeaten Panthers. It should be a good game for a while, but Pacco should win comfortably in the end.

Craigieburn host Roxburgh Park in the Elim final and the Eagles should turn around last weeks disappointing loss.

In Div 3 Westmeadows should beat Glenroy while Northern should be too strong for Avondale Heights.

For me the pick of the round looks like the Strathmore v Abers game at Leo Dineen Reserve and that's the game I'll be heading off to on sunday.

Enjoy your footy and have a great weekend.

Tune in sat or sunday for the Div 1 team of the year too.

Did anyone happen to see the U14 Div 1 Hillside v Doutta's match at Tullamarine?

Who was the nuf nuf bloke from Doutta's who caused a scene & either his kid or someone he knew ran onto the ground when a scuffle broke out.

These nuffers should be removed from the club.

under 16 div 1 team of the year that will be interesting to see

Team will be up later tonight or first thing in the morn. Having an issue with my bench.

Went and watched Strathmore v Aberfeldie and it was typical finals footy only uglier. Weather didn't help with all the wind. In the end Abers won off a goal in extra time.

Keilor won easily and like Pascoe Vale in Div 2 look a cert for a Premiership.

Westmeadows had a comfortable win in Div 3 and look primed to win that title.

I'm told this weeks U16 Prelim's being held at Burnside. Given the forecast I'm picking the grounds going to be pretty wet and most likely a bog after 3 earlier games. Hopefully both teams can rise to the occasion.

AuckMel's U16 Div 1 team of the year

1: Shaun Stewart, Doutta Stars (FB) DVC

Cool and calm under pressure, with long raking kicks which hit the target. Accountable with footy smarts has Shaun playing at Fullback in this side. A natural leader who marshalls the backline.

2: Michael Sahlberg Keilor, (BP)

Rose to prominence with the EDFL Rep squad along with commanding performances along the backline of the champion Keilor team.

3: Koolyn Briggs, Doutta Stars (BP)

Captain of the EDFL Div 2 rep side and a co-captain of the 2012 Flying Boomerangs, Koolyn has taken his game to new levels. Makes this side off the back of some outstanding late season games.

4: Matthew Stillman, Greenvale (HBF)

EDFL Div 1 Rep Captain, Matthew is a natural leader. Has a penetrating kick and reads the play really well.

5: Victor Carboni, Aberfeldie (CHB)

Tough, uncompromising defender with pace to burn. Victor made Vic Metro U16's this year. He should go a long way in his footy career.

6: Bruno Laguda, Doutta Stars (HBF)

A gifted player who is quite possibly the best bottom age player in the EDFL has it all.
Quick, kicks off both feet and tremendous courage. Goes all day.

7: Alistair Morton, Aberfeldie (Wing)

The most improved player I've seen this year. Starred at Moonee Valley last year and has moved forward quickly at Aberfeldie.

8: Hisham Kerbatieh, Hadfield (Centre) DVC

Affectionately know as "H" this kid can do it all. Silky skills with a dummy to die for. Has the ability to take unbelievable marks. The worlds his footy oyster.

9 Peter Ntalianis, West Coburg (Wing)

The backbone of West Coburg's 2012 season. Unassuming, shy but naturally talented. Respected by all.

10: Chris Horomidis, Aberfeldie (HFF) Vice Captain

Can play forward or back, doesn't shirk the issue. Tough and aggresive and an ideal Vice Captain for this side.

11: Ricky Shraven, Greenvale (CHF)

Quite possibly this years U16 B&F winner. Ricky is a ball magnet who is unselfish and a team player.

12: Corey Ellis, Keilor (HFF)

Judged best afield in the SSV State Football Champs Grand Final, Ellis is a talented player who continues to rise up the ladder.

13: Jackson Valpato, Hillside (FP)

Wow. That's all. Can this kid play. Built like a tank, tough, hard and can kick.

14: Ryan Townsend, Greenvale (FF)

Tall with a good kick who can play around the ground.

15: Zak Wynumm, Keilor (FP)

The second most improved player in the comp. Has upped his fitness to a point where he'll be going long after the games finished. Great kid too.

16: Tyler Vujanic, Keilor (Ruck)

Powerful young ruckman with a long kick. Works really well into a forward position to kick a bagful of goals.

17: Paul Ahern, Keilor (Ruck-rover) Captain

A U16 Vic Metro rep, Paul is an unassuming team player who is in and under in the clinches and gets the hard ball.

18: Tom Wallis, Doutta Stars (Rover)

Great off both feet with an eye for a gap. Not even an extended injury break can keep this talented kid out of this side.

Interchange:

19: Matthew Condo, Greenvale

Tough, accountable, great reader of the game who takes timely marks. Helped form an impregnable defensive line in the EDFL Div 1 team.

20: Nicholas O'Kearney, Keilor

Captain of the 2012 Vic Schoolboys. Great kick off both feet. Smart, clever and hard. Didn't see much of him this year hence his start off the bench.

21: Michael Tang, Hadfield

Flasy backman who breaks open the packs with lightning speed.

22: Ryan Anderson, Doutta Stars

Lesser known player of this side who works tirelessly down the opposition wing of Buckley Pk. Not much to him, but has amazing courage and heart.

23: Anthony Zammit, West Coburg

Tough player whose played really well in a winless West Coburg side this year.

24: Brendan Butler, Strathmore

Was outstanding in a beaten Strathmore team yesterday. Tenacious, hard at it with great decsion making.

Keilor 6
Douttas 5
Abers 3
Greenvale 3
Hadfield 3
West Coburg 2
Hillside 1
Strathmore 1

So there you have it. That's my team of the year. Young, tough and with a host of talented kids which will help form the backbone of the EDFL in the years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to, Ricky Schraven and Chris Horomidis who were joint winners of the EDFL U16 Div 1 B & F. Both boys got 20 votes.

Sunday is PF day across the league. I'm umming and ahhhhing which game to go to. Would like to pop in and watch the old clubs U14 side down at Keilor park and then decide on either Abers v Greenvale or Moonee Valley v Craigieburn in Div 2.

I'm thinking the Div 1 game will be the pick of the two and I'm swinging that way.

Both games should be tight and I'd expect Craigieburn to put up more of a fight than they did last time v Moonee. I think they'll get the job done this time by a goal and a half.

The best result in the other game would be an Aberfeldie win. They may just have more belief in them when it comes to a GF against Keilor. I really hope the ground's in good nick because on a fast track this game has the potential to be a beauty. Greenvale will start favourites, but they may be scarred from last weekends game to a point where they are beyond repair. Abers by 6.

In Div 3 Glenroy should win through to a GF against Westmeadows.

Good luck to all teams and especially Doutta's U18.5 div 3 side tomorrow night in their GF v Greenvale.

really thing you got some of the positions wrong here with victor carboni at centre half back he is easily the best midfielder in comp along with ricky!
also missed out on a few boy such as jack binns from abers and callum moore also jesse corgiliano and alex coutts form strathmore

I believe that that team is incorrect with the talent in the div 1 comp!
many more players than i mentioned up there that should have got a spot
i dont understand how dutta stars have 5 players in there on recent form they would defiantly have bruno in there maybe tom wallis(though he only played half a season). there are a lot better defensive players then Koolyn Briggs such as andrew skully from strathmore probably the best full back in the comp. Imo jackson(abers) is also one of the best defenders in the comp and james lathem from keilor. ryan anderson is no where near good enough to be in the best div1 side!! ryan townsand at ff he doesnt play there for his club side dont really know how he slits in there! just some of my thoughts

I believe that that team is incorrect with the talent in the div 1 comp!
many more players than i mentioned up there that should have got a spot
i dont understand how dutta stars have 5 players in there on recent form they would defiantly have bruno in there maybe tom wallis(though he only played half a season). there are a lot better defensive players then Koolyn Briggs such as andrew skully from strathmore probably the best full back in the comp. Imo jackson(abers) is also one of the best defenders in the comp and james lathem from keilor. ryan anderson is no where near good enough to be in the best div1 side!! ryan townsand at ff he doesnt play there for his club side dont really know how he slits in there! just some of my thoughts

Why not give it a crack yourself.

Show us all what your team would be or look like and let us be the judge

Great stuff Auckmel love your work. kept all informed otherwise alot of us wouldnt have a clue:thumbsu:

Your much-awaited predictions for the big day Auckmel??? Winners, margins, BOG's???

Was going to do it last night, but got to go to the Footy show which was great.

Anyway,

Div 1: Rain, rain and more rain may be the blessing Greenvale will be looking for. A heavy ground will help Greenvale, I just don't know if it will be enough.

Hard to tip against Keilor. Been the best team all year and got home easily a fortnight ago, but are they under done?

Keilor by 10. BOG: Corey Ellis.

Div 2: Nothing can stop Pascoe Vale. Would love to see them up against Keilor in a winner take all game.

Pascoe Vale by 40. BOG: Joshua Cauchi

Div 3: Really good job done by Avondale Heights to make the GF. That may well be their biggest celebration. Surely they can't upset the Tigers.

Westmeadows by 24. BOG: Jesse Smith

Well, a massive upset in Div 2 with Pascoe Vale who hadn't lost a game all year going down to Moonee Valley by 7 points.

I was watching the Div 1 game which was over at halftime with Keilor up by 30 points. Got wind of an upset so headed off to Greenvale for a bit of the 3rd and all of the last quarter. Moonee went bang, bang, bang, bang with Peter Wright taking some great marks and kicking the goals and then Pacco hit back with 4 of their own to be down by 1 point with plenty of time left. Moonee kicked another goal and that was all she wrote. Upset of the year complete.

The difference in the standard of the grounds between the two finals was something else. Glenroy was a bog and Greenvale was like a bowling green. Sensational venue.

I'm told Westmeadows won so the script almost went right.

Congrats to all this years Premiers.

Well, a massive upset in Div 2 with Pascoe Vale who hadn't lost a game all year going down to Moonee Valley by 7 points.

I was watching the Div 1 game which was over at halftime with Keilor up by 30 points. Got wind of an upset so headed off to Greenvale for a bit of the 3rd and all of the last quarter. Moonee went bang, bang, bang, bang with Peter Wright taking some great marks and kicking the goals and then Pacco hit back with 4 of their own to be down by 1 point with plenty of time left. Moonee kicked another goal and that was all she wrote. Upset of the year complete.

The difference in the standard of the grounds between the two finals was something else. Glenroy was a bog and Greenvale was like a bowling green. Sensational venue.

I'm told Westmeadows won so the script almost went right.

Congrats to all this years Premiers.
I also attended the Pascoe Vale v Moonee Valley Under 16 Div 2 game and I can happily say after watching that game that it was the best Junior Football game I have attended over my years of watching Junior Footy. The skill level, the determination and the heart that was shown by both teams were amazing. Also for MV to beat a team that went the whole season undefeated and knock them off in the granny was great to witness. The game was always within a goal up until the last quarter were MV hit the lead by 25 points, but with about 10 minutes to go Pascoe Vale showed amazing character and kicked 4 goals straight to come within a point and with about 30 seconds to go MV kicked the sealer to get up by 7 points, once again simply amazing. Even though it was an excellent team performance by MV, anyone watching the game would agree with me in saying that Vic Metro & All Australian 15 year old Peter Wright was superb kicking 9 goals in which he was also awarded the B.O.G medal, the kid has a very, very bright future.

Agree with you about, Peter. It was quite funny talking about him amongst the dad's last night at Highgate and how few of them knew much about him. Can play.
Wow that is surprising, I'm sure after his performance on sunday that a lot more people will be recognising the name of Peter Wright, he is also one of 5 Vic Metro boys that were selected in the AIS squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back