EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very easy to judge from afar. Flavel has seen nothing but hurdles and criticism since he begun, the ex coach left him in the Sh1t.
They put together some good performances last season and were competitive against good sides with a very shallow list. Down a grade I wouldn’t be too quick to put a pen through them
"the ex coach left him in the Sh1t." explain to me how any coach could turn down an offer to coach at a AFL affiliated VFL club. its not as though he went to another edfl club

Saw a post that Coburg district player, Liam Bianca is headed to Avondale heights in premier division, seens his also training for North melb vfl, just wondering how ppl will think hell go, kid can kick a goal and is silky.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it the same Liam Bianco from the Woodend Kyneton area?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TL in very good position to finish top, some good signings,
Heard weightman surgery is pre Xmas and will be right round 1 or thereabouts.

Spot on

Tuesday i believe he is booked in for.

Should be good 4-5 weeks before round 1 if all goes well.

"the ex coach left him in the Sh1t." explain to me how any coach could turn down an offer to coach at a AFL affiliated VFL club. its not as though he went to another edfl club
He destroyed the joint, have a look at it post his departure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A clubs position post a coaches stint is always a great reflection of them IMO, and that’s the legacy!
The worst are the self centred and single minded coaches that risk so much to win/make finals that it can often put a lot of pressure on clubs and volunteers, especially finiacially.
Unfortunately for Westy their past 2 coaches have left them on the bones of their arse, and the main reason I think Ash Flavel as been unfairly maligned.

A clubs position post a coaches stint is always a great reflection of them IMO, and that’s the legacy!
The worst are the self centred and single minded coaches that risk so much to win/make finals that it can often put a lot of pressure on clubs and volunteers, especially finiacially.
Unfortunately for Westy their past 2 coaches have left them on the bones of their arse, and the main reason I think Ash Flavel as been unfairly maligned.
Left them on the bones of their arses? Come on the club has no money, how about blaming the powers at be. Coaches recruit presidents tick it off.

not sure how he destroyed the joint as westy just avoided relegation the season before he arrived and then he had them in finals or contention every year he was there he also developed and blooded a lot of the westy juniors to the seniors all his recruiting was signed off by the president who advised that there was money .so if you where coaching at local level and got the chance to jump up to VFL level would you take the role .I know I would

not sure how he destroyed the joint as westy just avoided relegation the season before he arrived and then he had them in finals or contention every year he was there he also developed and blooded a lot of the westy juniors to the seniors all his recruiting was signed off by the president who advised that there was money .so if you where coaching at local level and got the chance to jump up to VFL level would you take the role .I know I would
I couldn’t see many Senior Coaches if any pursuing a VFL development job, it’s basically a volunteer position moving cones and not a step up.
Is Kaakour still the Director Of Coaching at Westmeadows ? What a load of BS that was

I couldn’t see many Senior Coaches if any pursuing a VFL development job, it’s basically a volunteer position moving cones and not a step up.
Is Kaakour still the Director Of Coaching at Westmeadows ? What a load of BS that was
Development coach come on, i am pretty sure he was the forwards coach last year. Agree that the director of coaching was a joke.

Correct no EDFL senior coach would depart a club they are allegedly building to get to A Grade then leave to take a volunteer position

Development coach come on, i am pretty sure he was the forwards coach last year. Agree that the director of coaching was a joke.
Development/Line Coach paint it anyway you like, same thing. IMO good for the ego, a step down in terms of a coaching challenge

Development/Line Coach paint it anyway you like, same thing. IMO good for the ego, a step down in terms of a coaching challenge
I am not sure of your reasoning as a step down , he has gone from basically div2 suburban side to a AFL aligned VFL club as a line coach and is using the same game plan as Richmond afl team if that's a step down then I would hate to see your step up

Westmeadows put up a training post, not many numbers, looked like an Auskick session held under shelter.

A warm up drill under the shelter gets this much attention? How do you know they didn’t go on after this to run 10k or do a fitness session? Pretty sure the weather has been absolutely ridiculous and grounds have been shut left right and centre in the area. Some people are so quick to judge. Don’t knock them off yet, live in Greenvale and drive down Mickleham Rd quite often. Numbers look solid. Love that they have plenty of junior players resigning and sticking together. - Clubs go through shit all the time, it’s the weak ex-players or ex-coaches/staff that get on here and write absolute crap to make themselves feel better.

A warm up drill under the shelter gets this much attention? How do you know they didn’t go on after this to run 10k or do a fitness session? Pretty sure the weather has been absolutely ridiculous and grounds have been shut left right and centre in the area. Some people are so quick to judge. Don’t knock them off yet, live in Greenvale and drive down Mickleham Rd quite often. Numbers look solid. Love that they have plenty of junior players resigning and sticking together. - Clubs go through s**t all the time, it’s the weak ex-players or ex-coaches/staff that get on here and write absolute crap to make themselves feel better.
Well said. Clubs can rebound. I guess it’s more if you don’t have the $$ to pay as you offered players then that turnaround can be a very long process.
Always been a pretty good club I’ve thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back