EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacana have moved forward off the field but on the field the go forward a few steps one year and back a few more the the next they need to get the even blance of players that will okay both 1s and 2s they also need to get the 18s stronger only cos there is there depth in years to come the same could be said for burnside and east sunbury and moonee valley another side that has gone backwards in recent years.

With East Sunbury's U18 side 3-0 after three rounds and Jacana unable to field an 18's in 2015, I think these so called 'expansion' sides may leap frog some sides in a few years time.

Went down to the twilight game at Keilor Park vs Moonee Valley. Free flowing footy played in great spirit. Moonee Valley play a good brand of footy and have some really good players. Like no 7 & no 4 but that no 1 should be playing a higher level of footy. Only young but a good size and can play. Clearly doing it way to easy..
Keilor Park were competitive but couldn't get closer than 15pts and Moonee Valley would skip ahead.
MV are a young side and could go all the way IMO.

Now I want to say the game was played at a pretty good standard and played in the right spirit, as I didn't see even 1 push and shove which in div2 is a credit to both clubs..Well done!!

Is that East Sunburys first win the EDFL? Good work lads hope you celebrate it well.
Huge win for Jacana, over the highly fancied Roxy.. looks like its Hadfields flag to losE.

Is that East Sunburys first win the EDFL? Good work lads hope you celebrate it well.
Huge win for Jacana, over the highly fancied Roxy.. looks like its Hadfields flag to losE.

I think Moonee Valley can win it with their young group. Very disciplined with quick ball movement. There my pick for the flag.

I'm not sure about Haddy. Sure they have talent but are they disciplined enough to go all the way? That's the question??

Roxy are still up there but are they able to move forward.. The game I seen tells me they are not where they want to be. Still have some work to do as some players & supporters dragging them down...

Jacana- improving but the "club" is not ready for the next division. Heading the right way though.

Keilor Park- thereabouts and competitive but a bit undisciplined and lack some tall backman and and a CHF. Need some help on the boundary to assist a young coach who is trying hard.

Coburg Districts- not sure but appear to be struggling this year..

I think Moonee Valley can win it with their young group. Very disciplined with quick ball movement. There my pick for the flag.

I'm not sure about Haddy. Sure they have talent but are they disciplined enough to go all the way? That's the question??

Roxy are still up there but are they able to move forward.. The game I seen tells me they are not where they want to be. Still have some work to do as some players & supporters dragging them down...

Jacana- improving but the "club" is not ready for the next division. Heading the right way though.

Keilor Park- thereabouts and competitive but a bit undisciplined and lack some tall backman and and a CHF. Need some help on the boundary to assist a young coach who is trying hard.

What do you mean by "club"?? Quite vague mate..

What do you mean by "club"?? Quite vague mate..

What I mean is the coaching and playing group are definitely improving (as shown by recent results) but are they ready to challenge for a premiership, not yet but they are slowly building a base. I believe some outside people are pulling the club back and this needs to be addressed asap.. I understand it's tough in the local area, but the club must keep setting standards and get good people in. The area MUST have a footy club.

The game I seen last night was pretty enjoyable with no incidents and the crowd very well behaved. I usually watch premier and when I go back to div2 it's difficult as you see & hear some pretty bad stuff from some would be hero's.,

So last night I seen a club in Moonee Valley that was well lead and well coached. They also had 5-6 senior people off field all wearing club attire and it looked pretty good in my eyes. There coach is an older guy which I think is a good move.. They probably admit it's an ongoing battle but they are heading in the right direction..

What's your view? Is it different to mine??

What I mean is the coaching and playing group are definitely improving (as shown by recent results) but are they ready to challenge for a premiership, not yet but they are slowly building a base. I believe some outside people are pulling the club back and this needs to be addressed asap.. I understand it's tough in the local area, but the club must keep setting standards and get good people in. The area MUST have a footy club.

The game I seen last night was pretty enjoyable with no incidents and the crowd very well behaved. I usually watch premier and when I go back to div2 it's difficult as you see & hear some pretty bad stuff from some would be hero's.,

So last night I seen a club in Moonee Valley that was well lead and well coached. They also had 5-6 senior people off field all wearing club attire and it looked pretty good in my eyes. There coach is an older guy which I think is a good move.. They probably admit it's an ongoing battle but they are heading in the right direction..

What's your view? Is it different to mine??
Watch this space KP are in all sorts President has stepped aside players walked out after the lose against MV on Sat night if what I am hearing is correct a very sad situation

Agree Moonee Valley look like a main contender especially after their wins against Roxy and Keilor Park but their test will come in the next 2 games against Coburg and Haddy.

Hadfield are scoring more than all other teams so far and at the moment look to be the strongest team. Being coached very well. Not sure their discipline can be questioned to this point. Player reported in round one was reacting not instigating.

Roxy's form has to be questioned now after consecutive losses. What do you mean by players and supporters dragging them down? Which players?

Jacana can hardly have been more impressive since big loss in round 1. Only reason I can think of why they might not be ready for next division is depth and maybe $ but they are going well. Is this what you mean by not ready?

Agree with assessment of Keilor Park - at the moment they have been beaten by probably the top 4 teams and look like they don't quite have the players to beat these sides.

Coburg Districts are still a major contender. They have strong depth and just waiting for new players to mix with the established players. Bad day against Roxy can be forgiven and result against Haddy not too bad. I think still a good chance for top 2.

Turbo whats going on down at keilor park as you go watch them you must know people there?

Agree Moonee Valley look like a main contender especially after their wins against Roxy and Keilor Park but their test will come in the next 2 games against Coburg and Haddy.

Hadfield are scoring more than all other teams so far and at the moment look to be the strongest team. Being coached very well. Not sure their discipline can be questioned to this point. Player reported in round one was reacting not instigating.

Roxy's form has to be questioned now after consecutive losses. What do you mean by players and supporters dragging them down? Which players?

Jacana can hardly have been more impressive since big loss in round 1. Only reason I can think of why they might not be ready for next division is depth and maybe $ but they are going well. Is this what you mean by not ready?

Agree with assessment of Keilor Park - at the moment they have been beaten by probably the top 4 teams and look like they don't quite have the players to beat these sides.

Coburg Districts are still a major contender. They have strong depth and just waiting for new players to mix with the established players. Bad day against Roxy can be forgiven and result against Haddy not too bad. I think still a good chance for top 2.

Pretty good response and it's really up to people's opinions.

Just to clarify I thought Moonee Valley seemed like the youngest side and well balanced. They run and spread and have some good marking forwards. Very exciting to watch for a div2 side.

Roxy have some players that play on the edge and can be frustrated at times. They also have some talls but not as mobile or classy as the Valley forwards. Not sure they have the midfield speed either.
What I mean by supporters as they are trying to clean things up and wang to move forward they just need to be careful. .. However a good president and I'm told after the Keilor Park twilight game a lot of Roxy players and supporters came into the rooms and stayed for a few hours. Now I must commend that..

Haddy have some talent but once again play on the edge.. Are they a team that can come from behind and win. Do they have that character?? Let's wait and see.

Yeah Jacana have really improved but IMO not ready to move up to div1. Do they have the $$ and juniors in u18s to be competitive in div1? My point is have a crack at winning it when you are prepared for what the next division holds. Jacana cannot afford to have success in div2 and then go back down after 1 year.

Keilor Park- really struggling for key tall backman and some run off half back. Missing there tall forward has really hampered them..

Coburg Districts - I'm not sure but believe they are a bit light on for leg speed..

Pretty good response and it's really up to people's opinions.

Just to clarify I thought Moonee Valley seemed like the youngest side and well balanced. They run and spread and have some good marking forwards. Very exciting to watch for a div2 side.

Roxy have some players that play on the edge and can be frustrated at times. They also have some talls but not as mobile or classy as the Valley forwards. Not sure they have the midfield speed either.
What I mean by supporters as they are trying to clean things up and wang to move forward they just need to be careful. .. However a good president and I'm told after the Keilor Park twilight game a lot of Roxy players and supporters came into the rooms and stayed for a few hours. Now I must commend that..

Haddy have some talent but once again play on the edge.. Are they a team that can come from behind and win. Do they have that character?? Let's wait and see.

Yeah Jacana have really improved but IMO not ready to move up to div1. Do they have the $$ and juniors in u18s to be competitive in div1? My point is have a crack at winning it when you are prepared for what the next division holds. Jacana cannot afford to have success in div2 and then go back down after 1 year.

Keilor Park- really struggling for key tall backman and some run off half back. Missing there tall forward has really hampered them..

Coburg Districts - I'm not sure but believe they are a bit light on for leg speed..

Have heard the coburg districts are very top heavy and in the comp is a bad way to be when you have the top teams full of young runners

Keilor park vs jacana will be interesting if the jags can come away with a convinving win it could be another big step to how far they will go this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbo whats going on down at keilor park as you go watch them you must know people there?

Watch this space KP are in all sorts President has stepped aside players walked out after the lose against MV on Sat night if what I am hearing is correct a very sad situation

Yeah I didn't see the president there on Saturday and I have heard he has stepped aside due to work commitments. But let's keep in mind, his done a power of work over recent years and this year set things up and did the majority of player recruiting and running some early functions, etc. His also has no real attachment to KP other than the last few years after being appointed coach just before the 2012 season when the club was on its knees..
I don't think anyone can question his passion and hard work his given to KP, as without him this year who knows what "might" have happened, but it's now time for a KP person to become involved and bring back some old heads, otherwise who knows what will happen. All clubs need a figure head and many helpers to survive and go forward as its hard work.

With regards to players I haven't heard of players walking out but they do have 5-6 senior players still out. The coach is in his first year and doing it tough, but he seems like a person up for the challenge but needs some experience on the bench to assist him. I hear someone might be willing to help him which is a big plus, as the club needs experienced people back involved.
A few wins could see it turnaround quickly as they have the list to compete but not sure they can win it, but have the list to at least make top 4. But it must start this week otherwise they will need to win nearly every game.

The competition is looking really good this year, Moonee Valley/Hadfield I think are better positioned than any other to make the jump to Div 1, which lets be honest should be one of the bigger goals for all clubs in this Div. I think winning the premiership just can't be the sole focus anymore, as clubs need to be looking at a 1-3 year window of winning a premiership within a couple years and having a plan in place to compete then next year in a higher Div and not stuffing the club up in the process. Having said that, Jacana/Roxy/Districts and some of the newer teams are going to be really competitive in the next few years which can only mean good things, hopefully they have the right junior set up and sponsors etc. to help them long term.

My tips for this week.

Roxy - 90
Hadfield - 75
Jacana- 60
Moonee Valley - 25

The competition is looking really good this year, Moonee Valley/Hadfield I think are better positioned than any other to make the jump to Div 1, which lets be honest should be one of the bigger goals for all clubs in this Div. I think winning the premiership just can't be the sole focus anymore, as clubs need to be looking at a 1-3 year window of winning a premiership within a couple years and having a plan in place to compete then next year in a higher Div and not stuffing the club up in the process. Having said that, Jacana/Roxy/Districts and some of the newer teams are going to be really competitive in the next few years which can only mean good things, hopefully they have the right junior set up and sponsors etc. to help them long term.

My tips for this week.

Roxy - 90
Hadfield - 75
Jacana- 60
Moonee Valley - 25

Roxy Win 100 plus
hadfield 100 plus
Jacana under 15
moonee valley under 20

Thoughts on the round that just went past? And thoughts about the big game of mooney valley vs Hadfield this week?

I think jacana vs districts will be the bigger game both teams in great form going into this game after wins over the weekend

Lol got to be kidding me? Two teams undefeated going at it isn't the biggest game in this division... So you're saying haddy and mooney valley aren't in better form than districts and jacana?

Lol got to be kidding me? Two teams undefeated going at it isn't the biggest game in this division... So you're saying haddy and mooney valley aren't in better form than districts and jacana?
Districts beat the valley on the weekend with ease ? Might need to look up your resources pal

Jacana are sitting 2nd on the ladder ahead of the valley aswell

That was a big win for Jacana yesterday. Well done to them. Was anywhere there to report on the game. We're Jacana that good or KP was ordinary??
It's turned into and interesting season in div2. Maybe a number of teams can win it depending on there list situation coming into final with injuries etc..

The top 5 have split from the bottom 3 it looks like..

That was a big win for Jacana yesterday. Well done to them. Was anywhere there to report on the game. We're Jacana that good or KP was ordinary??
It's turned into and interesting season in div2. Maybe a number of teams can win it depending on there list situation coming into final with injuries etc..

The top 5 have split from the bottom 3 it looks like..
Kp very ordinary
Jacana is a well coached side the message seems to sit well with the players as they play as one and look like a very well structured side

Massive result for Burnside against KP yesterday.... Is the conversation based on Burnsides progress since joining the EDFL or the demise of KP? Looks like a tough start to the year is only going to get tougher for the KP lads.... I hope they can regroup and bounce back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back