EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like there may be a special general meeting regarding PEGS entry..
edfl have announced Dallas and merifield as new entrants but crickets on PEGS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pegs have already informed the WRFL they are leaving for the EDFL
Apparently a certain club in the area close to PEGS started ringing other club presidents telling them to email the league advising that PEGS shouldn’t be in the EDFL. I’m guessing enough clubs did this and it may require a vote from all 30+ clubs for them to grant access.

Apparently a certain club in the area close to PEGS started ringing other club presidents telling them to email the league advising that PEGS shouldn’t be in the EDFL. I’m guessing enough clubs did this and it may require a vote from all 30+ clubs for them to grant access.

Just shows how self centred some clubs and presidents are, PEGS should be in the EDFL.Interesting that the reason they joined the WRFL when they established junior teams was the EDFL's requirement for their seniors to also join the EDFL. Has the EDFL relaxed this condition?

St.Bernards would be looking on with interest if they have.

Just shows how self centred some clubs and presidents are, PEGS should be in the EDFL.Interesting that the reason they joined the WRFL when they established junior teams was the EDFL's requirement for their seniors to also join the EDFL. Has the EDFL relaxed this condition?

St.Bernards would be looking on with interest if they have.
PEGS and St.Bernards juniors should be in the EDFL. Who cares if their senior teams are in the VAFA.

I reckon an under 18 coming up to seniors would need a new jumper anyway, given numbering system doubt an under 18 would have a number that didnt clash with seniors
Bigger picture completely understand the theory of alcohol and gaming with juniors
Unless that number was already being worn by a player in that grade (be that Seniors, Reserves or Thirds), logos aren't different (not that officials are overly concerned about whether a league logo is in the right spot) and the sponsor assuming there is one doesn't advertise something illegal for Under 18s consumption then there's no reason why that jumper can't be worn. Sponsors it seems aren't necessarily part of the matching uniform policy, just the design of the guernsey socks and shorts.

Pat? Pegs coming in would not be good for EK. Probably Avondale Heights either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Shaun McKernan to Strathmore pretty much done deal?

Thats the clubs issue and the players choice. It happens in footy, move along

Its not the players choice at all.
Having your junior section in the EDFL and your senior section in the VAFA, means that the EDFL will lose players when they transition to senior level, as their senior section is affiliated with the VAFA
I believe your junior and senior section should be affiliated, to be able to join the EDFL, this will also minimise the EDFL losing good talent from the area, when the player transitions to senior level. Just my opinion.

Having your junior section in the EDFL and your senior section in the VAFA, means that the EDFL will lose players when they transition to senior level, as their senior section is affiliated with the VAFA
I believe your junior and senior section should be affiliated, to be able to join the EDFL, this will also minimise the EDFL losing good talent from the area, when the player transitions to senior level. Just my opinion.
A lot of EDFL Juniors get lost to the VAFA regardless with a lot choosing to play with either St.Bernards or PEGS once they're done at junior level. Especially if it means still being around their school mates.

And thats not just those who went to those schools. A lot who never went to those schools end up playing senior footy at those clubs or making it their club.

Some EDFL juniors may also choose to play at another VAFA club eg Therry, SKOB, Old Xavs, MHSOB, Melbourne Grammar given their school links as a way of means to keep in touch with school mates. Could say the same for Uni Blacks/Blues, even other clubs close to the zone such as Fitzroy, UHS-VU, Brunswick, West Brunswick and North Brunswick.

Jack Ziebell locked in for a game at Avo Heights in 2024

Jack Ziebell locked in for a game at Avo Heights in 2024
He will be great for the youngsters. Would be good to see him get on the park a bit more for them!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will be great for the youngsters. Would be good to see him get on the park a bit more for them!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully there are no hero’s out there that try to be tough around him.
hope the umpires look after him and any idiot that does something stupid is sent off straight away. We want to attract these players to play in the league.

This already occurs, St Francis FC juniors EDFL Therry FC seniors VAFA. Maybe of a case do nothing unless it’s in our backyard. The sooner the narrow minded clubs realise that the only way to negotiate on ALL issues that impact a club or clubs is as ONE.

This already occurs, St Francis FC juniors EDFL Therry FC seniors VAFA. Maybe of a case do nothing unless it’s in our backyard. The sooner the narrow minded clubs realise that the only way to negotiate on ALL issues that impact a club or clubs is as ONE.
I had forgotten about St Francis and Therry.

Ascot vale will always be a junior club. Can’t see them getting seniors in the 10 years. So there are all those players that could end up at multiple clubs across multiple leagues. Not sure if they have a partnership with Parkside (WRFL) but they do use their ground some Sundays.

Ascot vale will always be a junior club. Can’t see them getting seniors in the 10 years. So there are all those players that could end up at multiple clubs across multiple leagues. Not sure if they have a partnership with Parkside (WRFL) but they do use their ground some Sundays.
They'll all just end up down the road at Marby Park or Moonee Valley to play 18s and seniors IMO

Hopefully there are no hero’s out there that try to be tough around him.
hope the umpires look after him and any idiot that does something stupid is sent off straight away. We want to attract these players to play in the league.

Great recruit for AH and will definitely bring more attraction to the ANZAC Day clash.

I think the hero mentality has gone out of premier league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back