EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wont take long for the clubs to revolt against the new board of the EDFL .
1.Extra points for clubs that maybe struggling , dont have 17s,19s, have no local schools to ensure junior catchment or their board are just straight out terrible and need a leg up to try to even out our competitions, theirs 100s of reasons and the board will listen to them all
2. Overage kids playing in the incorrect age level depending on their mental capacity or seasons statistic levels
3.A junior club that has been expanded regardless of the surrounding 9 clubs concerns of player participation in the northern area and the meeting of those clubs with the EDFL which had a unanimous agreement of no more expansion for this club. Direct and intentional attack on the surrounding clubs with total disregard of those clubs future
4.Reduction of the points and salary cap for ongoing seasons of 2020,2021 & 2022, talk with AFL VIC underway
5. Complete and total lack of understanding that they (the board members) are answerable to the 27 clubs and that the board are responsible and duty bound to follow the instructions of the clubs, if the board believes they have full power to make decisions at the expense of the clubs we can only wait until the poked bear stands up
6.Talks with St Bernards and PEGS underway. This has come from the expansion of the other junior club

So i was correct with numbers 1, 2 and 3 , numbers 4 and 6 happening behind closed doors ,
7. Talks of the introduction of Spotswood & Deer Park into the comp
8. Lifting of bans for certain players who have gone over the 16 weeks of suspension

So i was correct with numbers 1, 2 and 3 , numbers 4 and 6 happening behind closed doors ,
7. Talks of the introduction of Spotswood & Deer Park into the comp
8. Lifting of bans for certain players who have gone over the 16 weeks of suspension
Would need to lift salary cap to $400,000 to accommodate Deer Park.

I'm confused by your post. You say some boys from Wangaratta are training at EDS but don't want to travel so are looking at going to the Roy's. Where are they travelling from to train at EDS and won't they still have to travel to train with the Roy's? As for the Anderson boys, I wasn't impressed the few times I saw them play.

They live in Melbourne.

!!!!

OK, surely by now clubs know whether they will get an u/19 team up. Last I hear 4 teams won't , can we get clarification if true or not..
No team from APW, Roys, Doutta's or Marby - is that correct?
Pacco, Heights & Greenvale have numbers and will get a team up
Mores, Keilor & Abers that far ahead of the rest of the Pack it's a joke.....

Need to split and make 2 divisons

Div 1 - Keilor,Abers,Mores,Hillside,Westy,East Keilor,Crazyburn, Moonee Valley
Div 2 - Pacco,Greenvale,Heights, NS, ES, Roxy, Burnside, Oak Park, Tulla

The floors open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, surely by now clubs know whether they will get an u/19 team up. Last I hear 4 teams won't , can we get clarification if true or not..

The floors open
Surely AFL Vic need to address as the odds doesn’t work as kids are leaving in droves This is a joke that strong hold Clubs allow this to happen you have clubs like Keilor Park with no club last year able to field a U 19 team

The floors open

Working on your model above, add Mores second team and you have 18 teams. I reckon they should make 3 Divisions of 6 teams which whilst not ideal would make blow outs a little less likely

Working on your model above, add Mores second team and you have 18 teams. I reckon they should make 3 Divisions of 6 teams which whilst not ideal would make blow outs a little less likely
Shouldn't allow clubs to have a 2nd team... That is ridiculous , Doutta's, Marby & APW can't get numbers but the mores less than 5km down the road has 2... For the betterment of the game surely the league cannot let this happen.
Nothing against the mores but the overall picture needs to be looked at here

Shouldn't allow clubs to have a 2nd team... That is ridiculous , Doutta's, Marby & APW can't get numbers but the mores less than 5km down the road has 2... For the betterment of the game surely the league cannot let this happen.

So kick out the 30 kids that have been playing there since they were 8 or 9yo because they can't get a game in the 19As?

This is as much about player retention than anything else. There are other clubs with greater junior numbers but good on SFC for having so many U19s keen on having a kick with their mates

Didn't Doutta's win a U16 Div 1 flag 2 or 3 years ago? Where are those players?

Ditto, didn't Marby win a U19 Div 1 flag 2 years ago?

I accept some clubs struggle to get numbers for U19s but EDS and Marby (and Greenvale for that matter) are big clubs and it surprises me that healthy numbers in lower age groups are not translating to the older junior age groups

Didn't Doutta's win a U16 Div 1 flag 2 or 3 years ago? Where are those players?

Ditto, didn't Marby win a U19 Div 1 flag 2 years ago?

I accept some clubs struggle to get numbers for U19s but EDS and Marby (and Greenvale for that matter) are big clubs and it surprises me that healthy numbers in lower age groups are not translating to the older junior age groups
You have an opinion but NO solution

Fancy having an opinion on an internet sports forum :rolleyes:

Star, just read the edfl article re Strathmore going down the youth path. Understand how other clubs can’t fathom you having two u/19 sides and a senior thirds side.
New coach acknowledges all the experience having left from last year and will be predominantly a young side. Surely either your second u/19 or senior 3rd side (club choice) will be A/ non competitive, or B/ struggle to field a side week after week.
Good luck to you but what do you put it down to as mentioned prior, Douttas and Marby being 5km away not fielding one u/19 side?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Star, just read the edfl article re Strathmore going down the youth path. Understand how other clubs can’t fathom you having two u/19 sides and a senior thirds side.
New coach acknowledges all the experience having left from last year and will be predominantly a young side. Surely either your second u/19 or senior 3rd side (club choice) will be A/ non competitive, or B/ struggle to field a side week after week.
Good luck to you but what do you put it down to as mentioned prior, Douttas and Marby being 5km away not fielding one u/19 side?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was some talk on here a while back that the 2018 EDS senior coaching group wasn’t showing interest in the younger 19 group. So could that have been true and therefore attributing to the decline in numbers. I can’t recall if it was Survey, Gremlim or another poster.

There was some talk on here a while back that the 2018 EDS senior coaching group wasn’t showing interest in the younger 19 group. So could that have been true and therefore attributing to the decline in numbers. I can’t recall if it was Survey, Gremlim or another poster.
Wasn't me Turbs , but I do know Douuta's had a crack at getting the numbers up for u/19's but in the end was just too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back