EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a talk given by the team manager where he called all aprents in front of the rooms and they also provided a hand out - I recall it was also emailed out by the team manager.

They didn't know how it was to work and urged all to contact EDFL direct if they had an issue and not them as it wasn't their call. I cant recall them saying it was to specifically stop movement to Div 1 clubs but the coach who spoke was specific in saying playing at a Div 2 or Div 3 club in no way precluded or impacted team selection
Last thing I'll say on it is the family of 1 boy who changed clubs can't even get the EDFL to speak with them despite leaving 5 messages and sending email.
Disgraceful, at least have the decency to explain the situation to them.

I've heard that only two players from each club are being nominated for the u16's rep side but that they will still be inviting players as the selection process starts to take place.
Tipping should be alot easier after seeing the results from the previous round.
In division 1, Douttas should get up quite comfortably at the shark park even with a heap of players missing due to injuries, etc.
Keilor won't be too challenged at their home ground and shouldn't have a problem against Craigieburn.
The Abers and West Coburg boys should have convincing wins, both playing at small grounds against Strathmore and G'vale respectively so expecting a big score from both those teams.
Division 2 sees a couple of close games, hard to pick winners here:
Oak Park def. by Westmeadows by a few points - Game of the week?
Marby Park def. by Apw by 2 goals
Moonee Valley def. by Glenroy by 10+ goals
Avo def. Burnside Heights by 100+ points
Div.3
Abers 2, West Coburg 2, Roxy and Pacco should get their 4 points.

Agree with the Div1 predictions above but think there will be 4 x 10+ goal blowouts. Keilor player Curtis Taylor out for the season after a double compound arm break yesterday. Good player and great guy so hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Johnny R from douttas out, done his knee hopefully a speedy recovery same to Luke Palombo who's had scans and done his acl. Haven't seen so many injuries in one junior footy team, very upsetting especially for their families who also have to deal with long hours at the rch. Best of luck to all that have been injured so early in the season.

Johnny R from douttas out, done his knee hopefully a speedy recovery same to Luke Palombo who's had scans and done his acl. Haven't seen so many injuries in one junior footy team, very upsetting especially for their families who also have to deal with long hours at the rch. Best of luck to all that have been injured so early in the season.

Lets not go early diagnosing Johnnys injury. Absolutely no confirmation that he will miss the season. He will miss weeks but I'm sure he will be back

Is it too late to get on Douttas for the flag? Going by scores it seems the only challenge will come from Keilor and Abers. Even then it looks like Douttas to lose.

Lets not go early diagnosing Johnnys injury. Absolutely no confirmation that he will miss the season. He will miss weeks but I'm sure he will be back
The kid must be in a dark place right now, haven't seen him talk much around the club, so seems like a polite and respectful boy. Docs reckon it's just a strain of the ligament hopefully it is just that, scans tomorrow wish him luck

Is it too late to get on Douttas for the flag? Going by scores it seems the only challenge will come from Keilor and Abers. Even then it looks like Douttas to lose.
Very early in the season, I agree, abers are known to have the legs and will finish the season strongly, keilor on the other hand aren't near enough full strength

Abers have 3 players in top 5 or 6 goalscorers but may find goals harder to come by this week with Keilor. Agree with above, Douttas to lose.

Hearing a few big injury outs for both Strathmore and Abers this week. Apparently 10 players that started the game at weekend, won't start this weekend. Musta been a tough game!!!!

John Roumeliotis will be missing for the rest of the season that's two huge season-ending losses for the stars in the opening two rounds
Happier news for douttas is that vic metro training has begun and a record number of under 16's were invited including Ben Caluzzi, Cameron Rayner, Noah Balta and a very surprising one, the exceptionally tall Matè Colina
All up around 10 or so edfl players invited which is a very strong result for the league good luck to the boys

John Roumeliotis will be missing for the rest of the season that's two huge season-ending losses for the stars in the opening two rounds
Happier news for douttas is that vic metro training has begun and a record number of under 16's were invited including Ben Caluzzi, Cameron Rayner, Noah Balta and a very surprising one, the exceptionally tall Matè Colina
All up around 10 or so edfl players invited which is a very strong result for the league good luck to the boys
Be great to know the others from EDFL if you have the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you may find Colina (and his parents) have informed Vic Metro, Calder cannons and Douttas that he will NOT be playing footy anymore. He has made Australian U17 basketball team and will focus on that. Massive blow and a even bigger massive loss of a hugely talented footballer. But I'm sure we all wish him well and hope to see him at the Olympics some day.

Think you may find Colina (and his parents) have informed Vic Metro, Calder cannons and Douttas that he will NOT be playing footy anymore. He has made Australian U17 basketball team and will focus on that. Massive blow and a even bigger massive loss of a hugely talented footballer. But I'm sure we all wish him well and hope to see him at the Olympics some day.
Just heard this too and came on here to find you beat me to it . Good luck to him in his chosen career.

Sh*t didn't know that, well good luck to him with basketball should go far

Be great to know the others from EDFL if you have the list
Don't have the list but I'm guessing Mohammed moustafa and Luke Hitch from keilor, Aaron Vendramini from Craigieburn, Mitch Podhajski and Ben Smokrovic from abers? Don't quote me on this mate

Same with the u15s I mentioned earlier. Tye from Craigieburn, Curtis (before injury) from Keilor, Rhylee from Strathmore, Ben from East Keilor, Josh from EDS, Jack Bytel n Jack Evans from Abers and Jake from Hillside. Looks good for EDFL.

Looks like the Abers V Keilor game is a bit of a fizzer. Mo from Keilor told by the vic metro physio not to play this week and another doubtful who's name escapes me. Also from what I hear, Podhajski, Bytel and Evans to miss from Abers. Obviously being pick of the round I don't think any of the players above will risk playing with selection eyes at the game. Especially if they've been told to miss. Then again with the weather predictions, it could be a 2 all draw.

Abers to win in a close one. West Coburg by 10+ goals. EDS by 150+. Craigieburn by 5 goals. Be interesting to see who plays in the Abers v Keilor game given the various rep/state teams that will be watching. Hearing Bytel n Evans defo in for Abers but Podhjaski and Hanna still 50/50.

Went to watch the Abers v Keilor game today. Keilor deserved winners, running away with it in last qtr. Keilor too tough in tackle early for Abers which meant lots of turnovers when Abers could get the ball through a lack of composure. Abers may need to revisit game plan as their 2nd year players didn't stand up today when needed. Game played in tough but fair way with Bytel taken away with concussion in last qtr after running through the 150 games banner at the start. Hitch & Bytel were best 2 on ground.

massive win for Keilor without Moey. Never easy to go to Clifton park and beat abers. West Coburg escape with a win with strathmore fighting back! Eds finally get thru a game without an injury. Craigieburn just over hillside. Massive individual efforts Caluzzi 8 goals (eds)
Browning 7 goals (cburn)

West Coburg V Essendon Doutta Stars.
Match of the round next week.

massive win for Keilor without Moey. Never easy to go to Clifton park and beat abers. West Coburg escape with a win with strathmore fighting back! Eds finally get thru a game without an injury. Craigieburn just over hillside. Massive individual efforts Caluzzi 8 goals (eds)
Browning 7 goals (cburn)

West Coburg V Essendon Doutta Stars.
Match of the round next week.
Keilor will definitely be happy with the result.
Agree with the rest but West Coburg will need to have a long hard look at themselves, they will be under a lot of scrutiny if their leaders don't stand up against douttas this week.
Douttas losing Pat Luci due to a shoulder injury in the last 5 mins of the game. Caluzzi actually kicking 7 however the edfl had given Chad Sir's goal to big Benny.
Should be a good game, plenty of upsets at shore res last year, this week could be the same.

Went to watch the Abers v Keilor game today. Keilor deserved winners, running away with it in last qtr. Keilor too tough in tackle early for Abers which meant lots of turnovers when Abers could get the ball through a lack of composure. Abers may need to revisit game plan as their 2nd year players didn't stand up today when needed. Game played in tough but fair way with Bytel taken away with concussion in last qtr after running through the 150 games banner at the start. Hitch & Bytel were best 2 on ground.

Got to watch the 2nd half of this game and Keilor definitely the worthy winners. Hitch best on ground by a mile and Hearn very good in his support role. Thought the sling tackle that knocked Bytel out was a bit ordinary. But nothing compared to the knee in the head Hitch decided the give Smokrovic while standing over him. With the game being taped by 3 different cameras at the ground, I would be very nervous if I was Hitch. If one of those copies get to the edfl and he is suspended from it then kiss vic metro good bye.
Great to see Strathmore starting to be competitive too.

The Hitch knee happened right in front of me and if its seen, he'll deservedly get banned. Absolutely no need for it in a hard fought game. Shows the difference Rhylee West makes to a Strathmore team too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back