• Eric Gordon

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • James Harden

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Steph Curry

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OKC are one of the worst coached teams in the league.
Nah... that's a headline comment.

Brooks gets blamed for the play calling down the stretch, which may be warranted but there are only like 5 coaches in the entire league who do that well (Pop, Doc, Adelman, who else?). He's a young coach so I'm willing to give him time here.

But look at the facts here:
- Demanded a defensive identity for the team. I know they slid a little last year, but early defensive numbers indicate they are on the improve again in '12.
- Instrumental in the development of Westbrook and Maynor. Being a former PG, he understands these two roles (starting and backup PG) more than anyone.
- The overall development of the squad. Role players like Collison, Sefolosha, Ibaka and Maynor have flourished under Brooks. Their roles are defined and they stick within their boundaries. That's what good coaches do.

He runs a team of Maynor, Cook, Collison etc and they put up historic levels of efficiency. He might only be behind Nash and Rubio at running the pick and roll. He has insane points per shot on every type of shot he attempts, he also has the best shot selection in the league.
All possibly true, but still very subjective.

I think you're completely overlooking the qualitative and circumstantial differences between playing 1st and 2nd units. Westbrook's role as primary ball handler and scoring option is much more difficult to Harden's role as a 6th man.

I stand by the coaching statement he puts out far too many lineups with 3 non scorers, he can't control Westbrook and his handling of Green and Harden has been crappy. He looks better than he is because Presti managed to trick Boston into thinking Green wasn't awful.

Harden is probably the most talented and healthiest. He'll start eventually for the Thunder and will be a big part of their team. I'd take Gordon though because when he's healthy the dude can ball.

I stand by the coaching statement he puts out far too many lineups with 3 non scorers, he can't control Westbrook and his handling of Green and Harden has been crappy. He looks better than he is because Presti managed to trick Boston into thinking Green wasn't awful.

He took over a team that was 3-25 and has already taken them to the playoffs twice, the WCFs and has the best record in the league so far. This is all with a young squad too. I agree that his strength is not his x and os, but he is one of the best man-managers in the league. The players absolutely love the guy and want to play hard for him, and his influence on a young squad has been outstanding.

Not sure how his handling of Harden has been poor either. He's developed him with the second unit so he doesn't get stunted/overlooked offensively in a line-up with Durant and Westbrook, and the results are pretty telling this season. You're seeing a guy with so much confidence because he's been given the responsibility of leading the second unit for a season and a half now.

As for the three non-scorers comment, there are only three genuine scorers on the roster (as in guys who can create their own shot). Ibaka gets most of his points on the offensive glass or his mid-range jumper, Cook is purely a three-point shooter and Collison is a pick and roll guy.

Green was a poor fit on the roster. Unless you're going to bench KD, he had to play Green as a 4 who couldn't defend the post and didn't have a reliable enough outside shot to pull other 4s out. Once Ibaka developed (Brooks has handled Serge perfectly too), Green was completely expendable.

Hopefully this thread gets going again once Gordon gets his minutes back up...

Currently, it's Curry > Harden > Gordon.

If all healthy, it's Gordon > Curry > Harden.
I forgot about this thread

How is Curry ahead of Harden right now? I hope EG is the player we hoped and stays with us (not likely) But Harden at this very moment is proving what almost everyone thought, that he isnt the go to guy on a team. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he could be a first option but alas I am wrong once again.

I still think Gordon can be the better out of all 3 but right now it's Harden > Curry > Gordon

I have all the time in the world for Steph Curry but Harden > both, even if you disregard Gordon and Curry's durability issues

I forgot about this thread

How is Curry ahead of Harden right now? I hope EG is the player we hoped and stays with us (not likely) But Harden at this very moment is proving what almost everyone thought, that he isnt the go to guy on a team. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he could be a first option but alas I am wrong once again.

I still think Gordon can be the better out of all 3 but right now it's Harden > Curry > Gordon
I rate Curry ahead of Harden, purely on personal preference. I prefer PG's over SG's... :p

I rate Curry ahead of Harden, purely on personal preference. I prefer PG's over SG's... :p
I don't understand the PG's > SG's chest beating that goes on, Harden and Gordon are combo guards anyway, watch Vasquez's numbers drop with a fully fit Gordon.

I absolutly love Harden as well...but jeez he's not with Gordon/Curry yet guys.
I must revisit my post.

Harden>>Gordon/Curry, Curry however has been immense for his team, The only way to stop Golden State right now is to remove the ball from Curry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Harden. He can play PG, SG or even a smaller SF. While I rate Gordon and Curry, Harden is the one I would choose for a team. He can handle the ball, shoot and grab boards.

Harden is probably the most talented and healthiest. He'll start eventually for the Thunder and will be a big part of their team. I'd take Gordon though because when he's healthy the dude can ball.
Well I never said Harden sucked.

I've still got hopes for Gordon if he can stay healthy.

I dare say this thread is going to be revisited tonight

Back