Autopsy Essendon v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously not too fussed with this loss. Not sure if im content with b2b and anything more is just a bonus, but im normally greedy for more.. but ..

Thrashed Geelong, on the back of thrashing Syds in grannie, some could be excused for thinking were bullet proof. Six day break. Rested some gun, lost Chip. Close loss after being insipid for most of the game. The Scums grannie. A lot to learn from this loss. Cant win them all. Meh onto the next game on the road to a three peat

Just wondering what the general consensus was in relation to that last center clearance, before Hookers goal.

It appeared that Hodge was in best position to collect the ball, but jumped out of the way and had a fresh airy when he saw Patrick Ambrose charging at him shoulder first.

Bombers got the clearance and the rest is history.

Seriously not trying to troll and I'm not saying Hodge is soft, because we all know he isnt. But as Hawthorn supporters, are you happy with that effort?

Just wondering what the general consensus was in relation to that last center clearance, before Hookers goal.

It appeared that Hodge was in best position to collect the ball, but jumped out of the way and had a fresh airy when he saw Patrick Ambrose charging at him shoulder first.

Seriously not trying to troll and I'm not saying Hodge is soft, because we all know he isnt. But as Hawthorn supporters, are you happy with that effort?
We know how you like to use key forwards to snipe the centre square players when things get tight. I'd get out the way too based on past history.

Just wondering what the general consensus was in relation to that last center clearance, before Hookers goal. It appeared that Hodge was in best position to collect the ball, but jumped out of the way and had a fresh airy when he saw Patrick Ambrose charging at him shoulder first.

Yes, mate, we believe you!

the trolls are more subtle theses days ...

We know how you like to use key forwards to snipe the centre square players when things get tight. I'd get out the way too based on past history.

Yeah I don't blame him for jumping out of the way... but having said that... the game was on the line... he needed to put his body on the line and dive on that ball.. not jump out of the way and toe poke it towards Essendons goal

If he wasn't Luke Hodge, it would have been brought up in the media already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never happened, mate.
Troll somewhere else.

But perhaps Hodgey hadn't had his daily PED shot!

It never happened? The video footage doesn't lie. Don't know why you need to attack the man and not the ball, trying to deflect.

It definitely happened, go back and watch it.

Are you talking about where he tried to kick it off the ground instead of bending over to pick it up?

A fair question though the way you phrased it makes you look like a troll.

Maybe it would've made a difference if he'd tried to pick it up, but based on the way the game had been umpired all day it likely would've resulted in a HTB call against him. He also tends to put the ball into a good position with his off the ground toe kicks. Was just unlucky that time that it bounced off legs back towards Essendon players.

Are you talking about where he tried to kick it off the ground instead of bending over to pick it up?

A fair question though the way you phrased it makes you look like a troll.

Maybe it would've made a difference if he'd tried to pick it up, but based on the way the game had been umpired all day it likely would've resulted in a HTB call against him. He also tends to put the ball into a good position with his off the ground toe kicks. Was just unlucky that time that it bounced off legs back towards Essendon players.

Thank you for a more reasonable response. Yeah it was probably more an error in judgement. Thing is he was kicking it towards Essendon's goal so not sure where he was trying to kick it.

I think if he had his time again he would have tried to collect it with his hands.

Unsuspended so I can finally comment on the match.

To say I was devastated would be an understatement, I know most others should have moved on by now but I'm still grrrrrr (I know Essendon lurkers will lol at me for this but anyway).

To come back the way they did was awesome, to lose in the last minute is heartbreaking (rue the slow start and missed shots at goal throughout the match). However there is always next week and hopefully they can play better from the OPENING BOUNCE of the game instead of showing up in the third quarter.

That is funny, 2 point game that could have gone either way and of the 30 votes available 6 go the Hawks :rolleyes:
Yes, and if we'd have won I wonder what the outcome would have been.

Thank you for a more reasonable response. Yeah it was probably more an error in judgement. Thing is he was kicking it towards Essendon's goal so not sure where he was trying to kick it.

I think if he had his time again he would have tried to collect it with his hands.
It's not clear from the TV footage but our backline had a spare player and most of them were playing in front. Bombers had been really good around the stoppages that day so I can see why he'd prefer to try and get the ball out of that area and into space where we had numbers in front.

Would he do it again if he had his time over? Who knows. I reckon there was some good logic to his decision but unfortunately it didn't come off as he might have planned.

Just wondering what the general consensus was amongst * supporters that the players will never know what was actually injected into them?

So you were clearly happy with that effort then?

Not sure what you are actually getting at? Are you saying he shirked the contest?
Easy to watch footage and second guess an action.
Was happy with his effort to dive putting the body on the line and smother the ball in last years preliminary final though.

You're not fooling anyone, you Drug Cheating dipstick.

Troll some other site, you dufus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back