Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Belgium

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other team

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting games over the next few days for these. Netherlands play Iceland tonight, with Iceland currently 1st and Netherlands 3rd. Wales play Cyprus while Belgium play Bosnia. If Wales win that match, I'd say they're all but qualified.

Then you have Germany playing Poland tomorrow, the top two of that group, with Ireland and Scotland needing to pick up wins against Georgia and Gibraltar to maintain any hope of breaking into the top two.
Hopefully Iceland can pick up all 3 points and Wales likewise. Really want to see Wales qualify for Euros.
Likewise i want to see Poland beat Germany and as much as i shouldn't say it but Scotland beat Ireland.
Would be awesome having England, Wales and Scotland all in France.

Hopefully Iceland can pick up all 3 points and Wales likewise. Really want to see Wales qualify for Euros.
Likewise i want to see Poland beat Germany and as much as i shouldn't say it but Scotland beat Ireland.

From a personal point of view I really want Ireland to qualify, but from a club point of view now I've swung over to Scotland, which feels a bit weird.

Welsh have really come on, Scots are just rubbish

I am riding the Poland train. I have a gut feeling they can do some damage as a dark horse

Pfft, go by yourself!
Might have to. We are due to leave Paris to come home on the 2nd July, trying to get the wife to extend holidays for another week atleast to get to finals. Her work is pretty tight on holidays so we might have to alter our departure date as we can only be away for 6 weeks this time

Croats held to 0-0 in Azerbaijan.
Bale scores late to give Wales a 1-0 win.
Iceland win 1-0 away to the Dutch who had Martins sent off in the half hour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wales have a much better side these days

Not really.

Giggs played with all of the following; Robbie Savage, Garry Speed, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Neville Southall, John Hartson.

Their early 90's side was more star studded than the current one.

They'll top their group which would have got them in regardless

True but the pressure was off with even 3rd spot offering a playoff. We will see many teams qualify for the euros from now on that have never done so previously. Of the 53 UEFA nations at least 15 are s**t / uncompetitive and have little to no hope of qualifying. Leaving 37 countries fighting it out for 23 places.

I'll be impressed if Wales qualify for Russia 2018.

Not really.

Giggs played with all of the following; Robbie Savage, Garry Speed, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Neville Southall, John Hartson.

Their early 90's side was more star studded than the current one.
Rush and Hughes right at the end of their careers, Savage was ok and the last 2 were avg, may as well throw in Bellamy while where at it.
Bale and Ramsey then King, Vokes etc as a team is better. Sure the early 90's tea, individual wise bigger names but this Welsh team are good.

Rush and Hughes right at the end of their careers, Savage was ok and the last 2 were avg, may as well throw in Bellamy while where at it.
Bale and Ramsey then King, Vokes etc as a team is better. Sure the early 90's tea, individual wise bigger names but this Welsh team are good.

Rush and Hughes absolutely banged them in EuroQ 92 and 93 WCQ, probably the best period of their national team careers.

Southall has been voted one of the best British goalkeepers of all time, he won 2 League titles and 2 FA Cups and is Everton's games record holder in their greatest ever era.

Was voted Wales' #3 greatest ever player. But yeah, average.

Last edited:
Rush and Hughes absolutely banged them in Euro 92 and 93 WCQ, probably the best period of their national team careers.
That's true.
Just think this will be the best Welsh side we have seen for quite some time over the next couple years as long as Bale and Ramsey continue to progress and stay injury free. Got some good kids coming through too.

That's true.
Just think this will be the best Welsh side we have seen for quite some time over the next couple years as long as Bale and Ramsey continue to progress and stay injury free. Got some good kids coming through too.

As good as Bale is, relatively I'm not sure he eclipses Ian Rush' record and status at Liverpool and Ramsey certainly isn't Mark Hughes. Their kids would have to be of the equivalent of Giggs and Speed who were kids in those sides, I'm not sure they have any that good atm.

As good as Bale is, relatively I'm not sure he eclipses Ian Rush' record and status at Liverpool and Ramsey certainly isn't Mark Hughes. Their kids would have to be of the equivalent of Giggs and Speed who were kids in those sides, I'm not sure they have any that good atm.
Not saying they are better players overall, this is just in regards to the time Giggs played with them. Hughes is the reason im a United fan, love the bloke.
Can see this squad going fwd playing consistently in Euro's and World Cups in the near future.

True but the pressure was off with even 3rd spot offering a playoff. We will see many teams qualify for the euros from now on that have never done so previously. Of the 53 UEFA nations at least 15 are s**t / uncompetitive and have little to no hope of qualifying. Leaving 37 countries fighting it out for 23 places.

I'll be impressed if Wales qualify for Russia 2018.

Interesting... so tell me something, what would your thoughts be on those that qualify for Euro 2020 and WC 2022 when you learn that a spot has to be given to one of the bottom 16 sides of Europe thanks to the Nations League (if it goes ahead)? Yes, this includes the world cup. Which means, if we used the current rankings, Luxembourg and Azerbaijan are more likely to qualify for the World Cup then France or Switzerland.

Yep, three spots of both the Euros and World Cup have to go to lower ranked sides, so that's something for San Marino to play for. At least it means Finland could be the only Nordic country in the World Cup.

Back