Ever won any cool prizes unexpectedly?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just received a hit of inspiration for this thread.

I recently got married a couple of weeks ago, everything was fantastic. Our celebrant asked us if we could write her a review on a website called easyweddings.com.au its basically a site used for couples to look up all different types of suppliers and read reviews, ratings and obtain contact details etc to help plan their own wedding.

Anyway, i was happy to provide a good review, so i went to the site and noticed that in order for your reviews to be submitted you had to write at least 5 reviews (e.g Photographer, Ceremony Venue, Celebrant, flowers etc etc). Then i noticed a secondary offer which said that if you submit 10 or more reviews that you go into the draw to win a Ipad Mini, there is 1 winner each month and the winner is decided by a panel of judges from easy weddings who vote based on quality of reviews.

So i suggested to the wife that we have a crack at submitting 10 reviews to try win an ipad mini. naturally she thought i was an idiot but i proceeded to fill them out anyway, just on the off chance.

I got a phone call from the wife 30 minutes ago, she just received an email from easyweddings saying congratulations on being voted the winner for february and to advise of our details so they can send out our Ipad Mini!:cool:

Pretty wrapped with the result, although i think being able to say "i told you so" is the bigger thrill in all of this.:D

So, when have you entered a competition and won a prize unexpectedly?

Not me, but the other half won a $1000 Red Balloon voucher.

I believe the competition was to answer the question "why would you want an iPad?", and I believe her answer was "so my boyfriend can watch the cricket easily without being annoying and having to stop in at the nearest dodgy pub".

Wasn't complaining. With it we bought two premium captain's deck tickets on a Gordon River cruise in Strahan, and three nights away in the Grampians.

One of the Swans' major sponsors VW ran a comp last year where if you won you could join in a 'training session' with the Swans. The competition consisted of coming up with a banner message for an upcoming game. I entered the comp for the fun of it but because I have the creative output of a doorknob, I only entered a very boring and cliched message that took me all of 3 minutes to come up with (at least it rhymed).

You can imagine my surprise when they called me up saying I had won. Since the competition wasn't very well publicised I can only imagine I only won because I was one of a few entries (or maybe one of the few entries that had correct spelling).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not me, but the other half won a $1000 Red Balloon voucher.

I know a song you could play and do this

Dancing-With-Balloons-On-Scrubs-Gif.gif

Older bro won a SNES from buying some shoes, ultimate winning!

Have won a few things from bottle shops and pubs, I'm always happy to drink whatever promo is on for a chance to get something back.

Steven Bradbury won a gold medal once unexpectedly.

Won a meat tray down the local footy club one night. Good times.

Won a Four N Twenty footy in a raffle when I was about 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back