Opinion Finals talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Thought I'd start a thread for us to discuss this year's finals as they progress.

In my opinion the Hawks are the team to beat for the flag. No matter how you look at the outcomes, there's not a team in the top 8 they'd have a problem with at the MCG, with the possible exception of the Tigers (and the Tigers wouldn't fear playing Sydney or Fremantle in a SF, either).

So here are my predictions for week 1:

QF1 - Dockers vs Swans at DS

I think the Swans might have a chance here. The Dockers are hardly a settled team and have not been in form for ages. Certainly the Swans would prefer them to either the Hawks or Eagles.

QF2 - Eagles vs Hawks at DS

The pick of the games in week 1. Hawthorn tamed the Eagles in Perth a few weeks ago. The Eagles will throw everything at them, maybe home ground advantage will get them over the line. I wouldn't bet on it.

EF1 - Tigers vs Kangaroos at MCG

Tigers without too much effort.

EF2 - Bulldogs vs Crows at MCG

Probably the Bulldogs. The Crows might give them a fright.

Thoughts?

I agree with your initial suggestions however, i think the swans will get done. A few key injuries and a hurt buddy wont be enough to overcome the trip west

My mind is so occupied with top 4 destination in 2016.
I cant even sleep without seeing our 2016 prospects.

Very much a home grown flavour to our intake for 2016

Shows the decision to put a team here and develop the regions is working.

A lot of those academy boy top ups have looked the goods in what I have seen of NEAFL games. I know we're after Hopper and Kennedy (who I haven't seen) Sunshine 2 (Himmleberg) and Flynn (who I have) - but jeez Jock Cornell looks a bit of all right. I've liked Tom Faul for two years now. Tiziani kicked a bag for us and there a few others I can't name off the top of my head, that look pretty good.

It's not just us that will benefit from local players this year and next. There'll be other clubs looking too.

And I will pi$$ myself laughing the first time Collingwood picks one up or passes up a gem that went to the club with the next pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows the decision to put a team here and develop the regions is working.

A lot of those academy boy top ups have looked the goods in what I have seen of NEAFL games. I know we're after Hopper and Kennedy (who I haven't seen) Sunshine 2 (Himmleberg) and Flynn (who I have) - but jeez Jock Cornell looks a bit of all right. I've liked Tom Faul for two years now. Tiziani kicked a bag for us and there a few others I can't name off the top of my head, that look pretty good.

It's not just us that will benefit from local players this year and next. There'll be other clubs looking too.

And I will pi$$ myself laughing the first time Collingwood picks one up or passes up a gem that went to the club with the next pick.
Smart people new it was all along.

The no ways were in 2 camps
1- the teens who expect everything now. No patience
2- old timers wanting a return to the vfl.

I can see in the future the majority of our squad coming from NSW/ACT.

Theres 2 standouts this year with another 2 looking the goods then there are supposedly another 4 standouts next year.

Will be interested to see the complaints then.

I can see in the future the majority of our squad coming from NSW/ACT.

Theres 2 standouts this year with another 2 looking the goods then there are supposedly another 4 standouts next year.

Will be interested to see the complaints then.

I think the AFL Commission would love to see both NSW teams averaging about 1/3 to 1/2 or more of their squads coming from NSW/ACT.

Adelaide have to be sentimental favourites but I would like to see the Tigers go well

Adelaide for sentiment.
Richmond for heart.
Hawks for brain.
And then absolutely anyone but the phucking Thydney Thwannies

Freo have the most to lose out of this finals series. Never won a flag and if they can't get it done this year, the window may be closing on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back