Fremantle decide on pick 3

Remove this Banner Ad

so whats their source if Fremantle have not directly said they will take Hill.

I need to know how accurate this is for my Big Footy competition draft

I'd be pretty surprised if they've actually got it from someone at Freo. Things aren't leaked down there since Harvey took over. It wouldn't be the first time the worst have made up stories either (having said that, they may well be right, in which case, whoever the leak is, they should be sacked on the spot).

I'd be pretty surprised if they've actually got it from someone at Freo. Things aren't leaked down there since Harvey took over. It wouldn't be the first time the worst have made up stories either (having said that, they may well be right, in which case, whoever the leak is, they should be sacked on the spot).

I don't think it really matters. I think the first two picks are set and that Watts and Naitanui will go 1 and 2 in either order. Fremantle essentially have the first live pick and have chosen Hill. Now Port are on the clock :)

I agree, unfortunately 'the west' doesn't always have it's finger on the pulse of afl rumours.

So the rough draft looks like this so far;

Melbourne-Watts
Eagles-Nat
Freo-Hill

That leaves the likes of Hurley, Hartlell, Hurley, Yarran, Zieball, Rich, Vickery

I wonder if North at pick 9 had the choice of Sidebottom whom we have supposedly told we would draft at 9, and say a Ziebal etc slipped through would we change our mind with Sidebottom?

Melbourne-Watts
Eagles-Nat
Freo-Hill

That leaves the likes of Hurley, Hartlell, Hurley, Yarran, Zieball, Rich, Vickery

I wonder if North at pick 9 had the choice of Sidebottom whom we have supposedly told we would draft at 9, and say a Ziebal etc slipped through would we change our mind with Sidebottom?
The top 6 I reckon will be Watts, Nat, Hill, Rich, Yarran and Hurley. Then your left with Hartlett, Ziebel, Vickery, Sidebottem, Trengove. If then Brissy then go Ziebel, Richmond will snap up Hartlett (very sure, rated very highly at Richmond). Then North will be able to decide between Vickery and Sidebottem. Who would you guys take?

Melbourne-Watts
Eagles-Nat
Freo-Hill

I hope so! I'm still holding out for the SSB at pick 18!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich will not slide past port id say he is the type of player we need and would be best available with our pick

Rich > Hill

There is no chance they will take a class player with leadership skills over Hill who seriously does not impress me

then again it is freo

if choco overlooks rich given the oppertunity (which means we would have chosen hartlett).....i will yell abuse till my throat is saw...maybe not so much if they choose vickery over rich...

The top 6 I reckon will be Watts, Nat, Hill, Rich, Yarran and Hurley. Then your left with Hartlett, Ziebel, Vickery, Sidebottem, Trengove. If then Brissy then go Ziebel, Richmond will snap up Hartlett (very sure, rated very highly at Richmond). Then North will be able to decide between Vickery and Sidebottem. Who would you guys take?

Our strength at the moment is out ruck/bigmen division; Hale, McIntosh, Goldstein just for ruck duties. Our main weaknesses are onballers first, followed by a strong bodied defender; fullback.

We would have to go for the best onballer available with our pick 9, then the best available KPP/backman at 27, say Lisle, Post, etc.

Rich > Hill

There is no chance they will take a class player with leadership skills over Hill who seriously does not impress me

then again it is freo

So what have you seen of Hill or Rich to determine that Hill is not impressive? Some youtube? Maybe one or two games? You really think that your opinion is going to be factored in by recruiting people who've been watching both players for years?

if choco overlooks rich given the oppertunity (which means we would have chosen hartlett).....i will yell abuse till my throat is saw...maybe not so much if they choose vickery over rich...
why? Rich v Hartlet is probably a 50/50 call. Go with the local I say

I hope so! I'm still holding out for the SSB at pick 18!

So who does every WC fan think Melbourne is going to take at pick 17?

Because every time you read about a player sliding a WC fan chimes in with "and we'll take him at 18" or "hopefully he'll come to us at 18", so obviously you all know that Melbourne will overlook Swift or Sidebottom or any other highly rated player at 17, so WC can get them at pick 18.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back