Geelong vs Fremantle - Second Qualifying Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow looking at the players warming up it's like chalk and cheese isn't it? Almost every Cat is an immortal of the game, a superstar. Half the Fremantle players most people couldn't name.

Geelong should win comfortably. Would take something bizarre for Freo to get up, but you never know

Yep, most games are decided on the apathy and ignorance of fans.

First time at Simmonds. Tickets being scanned in by hand. No barriers. No eftpos. 90’s MCG style concourse. Dodgy reception. I’m back in time.
It does have that yesteryear feel.

I was there last week - very one sided crowd but also really calm and respectful. Lots of oldies - white hair everywhere. Has a real country town feel about it, which is both good and bad.

Will be interested to see if Freo can put the clamps on them again, or if the cats just take their game to a whole new level and swat Freo away like a fly.

All the things you mentioned don't affect sitting down and watching two great teams battle on an oval in an AFL final. Bring it on.
Now that I'm out in my seat it's quite nice. The 10 minute queue to get in was an ordinary start. But my view's good and the ground has a good feel to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawd, Basil and Hame should not be allowed to commentate finals footy. Bring back Ten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back