General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay okay okay.... Seriously, when the **** did Rance become so ******* good?! I'll put my hand up & say I was very very wrong a week or 2 ago.... I haven't seen the Tigers all that much in the last 2-3 years, so all I remember is Rance basically being a taller version of Cam Shenton... Now he's a ******* freak!

:oops::drunk:

I'm glad you've taken that one back. It WAS one of the worst calls I've ever heard about an opposition player!

Dal, Thompson, Boomer and Goldstein are all elite.

Higgins, Petrie, Waite, Thomas, Nahas, Swallow, MacMillan and Atley are all very talented.

The problem is they have no soul. They are 22 individuals, not a team.

They've lacked leadership at that club for about three generations, in football terms. It shows how important leadership is, and how you need to keep that continual link between one generation of leadership and the next. Boomer Harvey is their spiritual leader, which sums it up perfectly. It's all about Boomer.

I'm glad you've taken that one back. It WAS one of the worst calls I've ever heard about an opposition player!
I just can't help it. I HATE the Dogs. I was actually barracking for Carlton. My most hated team.
How you Fehring, mate?

Don't worry. We all have 'em. ;)

Coming across a bit angry? The Dogs do that to me. Think I'll dig out the 2009 PF.

They have become the most feral fans again. I remember out at the Whitten oval in the 90s it was a pretty feral supporter base. I was at a game when Danny Southern collected someone and it was like a gladiators contest, the crowd were salivating over a guy getting cleaned up. They were a shocking bunch of inbreds in those days but it seems to be coming back. Most of the Dogs supporters I know are corporate types. A tiny bit of success and they revert to form though.

Some Footscray fans after last night's win...

latest

They have become the most feral fans again. I remember out at the Whitten oval in the 90s it was a pretty feral supporter base. I was at a game when Danny Southern collected someone and it was like a gladiators contest, the crowd were salivating over a guy getting cleaned up. They were a shocking bunch of inbreds in those days but it seems to be coming back. Most of the Dogs supporters I know are corporate types. A tiny bit of success and they revert to form though.

All clubs have feral fans - Fact

"Caleb Daniel impressed in his debut when he came on at halftime. At 167cm, the Doggies deserve some credit for drafting someone at that size. At some clubs they would try to set him on fire at their Christmas party."
Titus

Thought that was worth a giggle.

I like Rohan Connolly, but there's two things that I don't like - first, his glass jaw and second, his Essendon blind spot. His latest on Hird includes this gem:

"And if you think...that this is about Hird having "lost" the players, whatever that is actually supposed to mean"

Rohan, you know what that means.

I think one of the big problems may be that Hird knows he doesn't have the moral authority to rip into the players. He has to keep them onside to have any chance of keeping his job, so when they serve up tripe he treats them with kid gloves for fear that if he gives them a bake they'll let him know what they really think, and that will be the beginning of the end.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sendons-complex-problems-20150706-gi698p.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha hows this post from Moist Biscuit last year in a saints thread on the main board

Lol at St Kilda supporters acting like they know our list. First off, Sylvia will be a solid pick up for a side in flag contention, second, Ross has nothing to do with our drafting and Trading and Third, you cannot tell me we payed overs for Apeness when he hasn't even played a game yet.

so far 0 flags
sylvia is gone
apeness has 2 games

:p:p:p

haha hows this post from Moist Biscuit last year in a saints thread on the main board

so far 0 flags
sylvia is gone
apeness has 2 games

:p:p:p
Apeness is Injured. (Likely rest of the Season)
Sylvia was lazy.
Ross is still a great coach. I was wrong on 1 thing wasn't I? If you have seen some of my recent posts, you will see I am highly complementary of the Saints.

I had to share this Im looking through the footy record from the bulldogs game and theres a pic of the melb cheer squad and there is a guy holding a banner which reads "pederlenko" just gold.

BJ definitely looks like he's hating footy right now. Essentially admitted to just giving up on the weekend. I'd say he wasn't the only Bomber out there doing the same. There's only so many times you can rally before these external issues start to affect you.

Anyway, no sympathy. The players have actively decided to buy into the cult-like mentality. Deep down they must know what happened, and are still deciding to stick to a sinking ship. That's on them, now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back