General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see Jamie f*#*ing sheepdog Cripps chime in with two junk time goals.

Prick.

Loved how he saw the 2nd gamer cripps an went the biff against him. Can almost see his throught process in motion "oh the 2nd gamer, same size as me, let me welcome you to the big time" next minute he's seen running to the bench looking, after being at the bottom of a scuffle, the look on his face was priceless, shocked with a ripped jumper and red marks around his chest

I'd pick 15 other blokes before I went after clem. Kid can seriously hurt people

Loved how he saw the 2nd gamer cripps an went the biff against him. Can almost see his throught process in motion "oh the 2nd gamer, same size as me, let me welcome you to the big time" next minute he's seen running to the bench looking, after being at the bottom of a scuffle, the look on his face was priceless, shocked with a ripped jumper and red marks around his chest

I'd pick 15 other blokes before I went after clem. Kid can seriously hurt people
Why couldn't we have pulled the trigger on Howe (33), Horlin-Smith (37), Parker (40)...

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Interesting post match by Mick re list building...

Need to rebuild through a few drafts.

FA players won't come to bottom clubs because they prefer to play finals.

Pretty much validates what we are doing IMO.

It is what it is.

Once again correct VDS...we are in a better position than Carlton. Since the strange decision to get Daisy via FA on a massive wage, I've wondered about their list strategy...and concluded that it's arrogance! The typical Carlton arrogance that leaves them stuck in the 80/90's...buying players to get to the top, not drafting and developing. As someone mentioned, they have 11 recycled players...and probably only 2 A Graders (Judd and Murphy). They really need to go to the draft 4 times (including selling off some big names) to get things back on track....

Personally, I think we are in a better position than s few other teams too:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Bailey Rice.. If you're any good why would you want to pick Carlscum? Who are going nowhere anytime soon and heading for the cliff before they're heading up the ladder?

We have plenty of young guys and actually have a future. Pick wisely unlike Jaksch. ;)

One eyed. We are further along in the rebuild, Carlton about to start. Bailey would find less competition at Carlton kind of like Newnes for us in 2012, just walked into the side

Is Bailey is considered an outside prospect I.e. Further back than the 2nd round. Best advice would be to go to Carlton IMO id expect him to do that. Rather than trying to compete with a side that's already started to load up on picks and talent

If he's any good he probs still chooses Carlton due to lack of competition

Once again correct VDS...we are in a better position than Carlton. Since the strange decision to get Daisy via FA on a massive wage, I've wondered about their list strategy...and concluded that it's arrogance! The typical Carlton arrogance that leaves them stuck in the 80/90's...buying players to get to the top, not drafting and developing. As someone mentioned, they have 11 recycled players...and probably only 2 A Graders (Judd and Murphy). They really need to go to the draft 4 times (including selling off some big names) to get things back on track....

Personally, I think we are in a better position than s few other teams too:
A grade is extremely generous to Judd and Murphy. Judd is several years past it and Murphy hasn't been A grade since 2011. Then you have Gibbs who was at least a decent outside mid last year but is still as soft as the day he shat himself at Milney and will take them nowhere. There is very little else on their list to get excited about.

I think we should be aiming to finish above them and/or beat them this year. Certainly going forward we are better positioned, as are probably GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne.

The Northern Blues are bloody average as well (well they are today), any good VFL side would be 6 goals up today against the Academy, they've been overrun in the 3rd quarter, lucky not to be down a couple of goals. Long rebuild coming for the Blues.

Dogs looking great...speed, youth and aggression coupled with a good gameplan and a good coach...could they do a PA?

Yeah they can def move up the ladder. Don't discount the player apathy with the previous coach. They've had some luck with father sons and an extra top ten pick re free agency and have a decent side....they won't do a Port and be top 8 IMO but maybe that 9-12 range, (this year)....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back