General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands down the scariest thing I've seen on a football field.
Harbrow-Lewis from a few years ago would be right up there too. I felt sick watching it.

Absolute carnage in the Cats/Freo game; Harry Taylor hit high by Ballantyne (who will get reported for it), Zac Clarke's done a knee, Tom Hawkins hurt, Stanley lightly hurt and Smedts just reported for striking.

All in about 10 minutes.

Freo's a good side, but Geelong is deadset cooked.

Geelong has shades of us in 2012 in that they're running the risk of overestimating what their core group who have achieved so much are capable of, and are finding that their trade ins / younger guys don't have that ceiling quite as yet to continue to be a top 4 club. I personally had the Cats in the battle for the last positions in the 8, as they are still good enough for finals, but they will need everything to go right to go far in said finals.

Freo have belief, which is the one thing they were lacking to actually make people sit up and pay attention to them, because for the past few years they have been a good side that have underperformed because they just lacked that ability to stand up and push through when challenged because previous history would say it wasn't enough. That being said, I hope they never win a flag until we do, sick of these newbie clubs winning them.

Umpires doing everything to get the cheaters over the line
God help me if the Hawks mount a huge comeback and get up I reckon I'll need new daks it'll be that enjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God help me if the Hawks mount a huge comeback and get up I reckon I'll need new daks it'll be that enjoyable.

I was saying on SS I thought the Hawks might get taken down today. All the flogs like Dermot were already stacking the cup in the trophy cabinet. Essendon will be a pretty solid team now and are firmly in the window. The AFL had better hope they don't win the Premiership.

Every time I hear 'courageous Essendon' or 'this brave team' I want to punch something :mad:

Something comprising the colours of red and black, something in a sash or something that has either come from, is currently located in or knows about the existence of a place called Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back