Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Albo 4 PM

B-vc99cUUAArJng.jpg:large

I've spent the last day reading through some transcripts of the grilling the government gave Professor Triggs and I can't for the life of me work out why they've done it. There is absolutely no political mileage in attacking her in this manner because it won't achieve a desirable outcome for the government, in fact it is safe to say it has completely backfired. With revelations that they offered her a different far more cushy job if she resigned from the HRC is a terrible look, what Abbott also fails to grasp is that people who will decide the next election don't like seeing children in detention centres. It is even fair to say that the more left wing Liberal voters (and even members of parliament) don't like it either.

Abbott is really scrounging around the bottom of the barrel to try and save himself, but he is yet to realise that people don't want an attack dog as their PM, the want a family friendly guard dog that doesn't bark at everyone walking by the front gate, but will come out if you try and step onto the property.

Speers has just broken big story on Sky that it was Gillian herself who broached the possibility of her taking another job and leaving HRC back last year and talks went through January with govt coming up with some international "role"for her which she was going to accept but then her supporters got into her ear and talked her out of it.

If true, this means that Gillian has spouted big whoppers to the Senate Estimates Committee when claiming she was shocked at the Sec of the Dept coming to see, shocked that he äsking her to resign and shocked that he offered her another job.

It also means, if true, that our Malcolm has had another Gordon Grech moment.

Truly amazing.

^Jane,whats the reference to HRC, Hilary Rodham Clinton, or, as i like to call her, hormone replacement clinton, HRC...

oh, it was human rights commish, u werent summoning kissstpeh

anyway, are the Rudds sitting pretty on monday nights four corners? I wonder if they were sitting on that story for a while, and threw it down in the faces of the tories when an 8% figure hit. wouldnt surpise me.

Albo 4 PM

B-vc99cUUAArJng.jpg:large
max the axe, but not az good az Chainsaw Al Dunlap or Dunlop of PBL and Sunbeam. that guy was a muppet, dont know much about MMW, apart from his hyphenated surname gives cause for breath cos he is prolly from some tosser tory alliterationz family in eastern suburbs on one capital. And then sinodinis is the COS and look at his record outside office. tory tossers. i match you luvv!es jane with tory tossers. :thumbsu:

thnx Chief, he of unmatched wisdom

I know what with all the lost notes and the like, memories are fading a little for the AG and staff, but you think that Brandis might have mentioned at estimates or in the chamber that Prof. Triggs approached him, not the other way around. It's those sort of details that stop your colleagues having to lie in Parliament to cover your arse.

Speers has just broken big story on Sky that it was Gillian herself who broached the possibility of her taking another job and leaving HRC back last year and talks went through January with govt coming up with some international "role"for her which she was going to accept but then her supporters got into her ear and talked her out of it.

If true, this means that Gillian has spouted big whoppers to the Senate Estimates Committee when claiming she was shocked at the Sec of the Dept coming to see, shocked that he äsking her to resign and shocked that he offered her another job.

Truly amazing.

You're alive!!!!

I know what with all the lost notes and the like, memories are fading a little for the AG and staff, but you think that Brandis might have mentioned at estimates or in the chamber that Prof. Triggs approached him, not the other way around. It's those sort of details that stop your colleagues having to lie in Parliament to cover your arse.

I was watching that on Sky and also recorded it.

The issue of the meeting Triggs and A/G secretary was run by Jacinta Collins and Penny Wong. Labor.
They clearly knew what Triggs was going to allege, whereas Brandis did not.

The odious Barry O"Sullivan who was the first interrogator kept his questions entirely on ascertaining the chronology of when Triggs made decision to hold inquiry not just a review.

Then on came Jacinta Collins.

Brandis and Moraitis would have had no idea what Triggs was going to say until she said it. Once Brandis realised the fantasy land she was inhabiting he would have been wary about challenging her on the spot.. there would have been concerns about health, Gough, imv.
btw there were two women supporting Triggs, one the executive director and the other the lawyer. Their body language during her evidence was grim and horrified and after that they made sure she didn't say a word until one of them had whispered to her.

I felt about Gillian Triggs back in November and more so after last week that she was extremely vulnerable and being pushed over the top by the heightened emotions of all prosecuting the children in detention issue.

The other is, perhaps even odder, that on this forum it's left leaning posters (like Gough) who are making suggestions that would probably see the LNP win another election ...

Abbott isn't just bad for the liberal party, he's bad for Australia. I don't give a s**t about the next election right now, it's the next budget I'm sweating on (as well as everything else between then and now, Abbott seems to have the anti-midas touch at the moment).

Truly amazing.

I was watching that on Sky and also recorded it.

The issue of the meeting Triggs and A/G secretary was run by Jacinta Collins and Penny Wong. Labor.
They clearly knew what Triggs was going to allege, whereas Brandis did not.

The odious Barry O"Sullivan who was the first interrogator kept his questions entirely on ascertaining the chronology of when Triggs made decision to hold inquiry not just a review.

Then on came Jacinta Collins.

Brandis and Moraitis would have had no idea what Triggs was going to say until she said it. Once Brandis realised the fantasy land she was inhabiting he would have been wary about challenging her on the spot.. there would have been concerns about health, Gough, imv.
btw there were two women supporting Triggs, one the executive director and the other the lawyer. Their body language during her evidence was grim and horrified and after that they made sure she didn't say a word until one of them had whispered to her.

I felt about Gillian Triggs back in November and more so after last week that she was extremely vulnerable and being pushed over the top by the heightened emotions of all prosecuting the children in detention issue.

Good to see you're still up for a laugh!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In ALP parlance this length of document usually is refereed to as a strategy document
And a lot of Labor supporters wanted him as leader. He would probably submit a 4 page document to Treasury for analysis if he was leader and running for PM at the next election. He could always copy Annastacia's in Qld.

Thank Christ for that.
What an utterly incompetent and stupid man.
Will probably leave a legacy as the hands down worst PM in our nation's history.
He should feel bad.

less than 3 weeks since the attempted spill and the noises are back again...seriously, how long can this go on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back