Toast Hats off for the PAFC's less visible off-field people

Remove this Banner Ad

The club is surrounded by a bunch of amazing people who do the club proud,

From your hilarious Adam Hartletts, your Tony Carliles behind the bar, your Barry Curtins, Timmy G and then a collection of Ambassadors of the club who you can tell are actually proud to be a part of the club - your Rebecca Morse, Anna Meares, Hugh Sheridan etc.

God I bloody love this club.

Couldn't agree more.

One of our ambassadors is an absolute dickhead though.

As an interstate member I don't deal with the Club on a regular basis but every time I have this year it's been awesome - from easy membership renewals (including addition of the grandson before his evil c******wood supporting other family got hold of him) to interstate ticketing (cheers Ben), prompt answers to questions despite a huge influx of new members and the gear store. Even the bloke in the gear caravan at the game we attended had time for a laugh. Kudos to all

And a shout out to the crew on here too, I don't bother with the media now, all I need to know is here and so are a great bunch of diehards :D

I know this post isn't really applauding the club as such, but as has already been said in this thread, it looks like people from the club keep an eye on BigFooty, and I can't seem to get a reply from them on facebook through either writing on their wall or inboxing them, so this is probably the next best place to put this.

On Sunday evening through the club website, I attempted to buy a seat on the bus for the game next weekend. However, just after the payment stage, your site stated there was an error, however the money was taken from my account and I also recieved an email confirming my order, which just confused me. Would you be able to confirm that I have actually booked a seat on the bus?

Absolute legend. Apparently shits himself being the interchange steward and would probably prefer another volunteer role but happily does it anyway. Love Rizza. Hilarious man.

He is a crack up. :D

Couldn't agree more.
One of our ambassadors is an absolute dickhead though.
He does have his own entourage though.
Took me a while to get that.
In the spirit of positivity new or infrequent viewers should know that's an 'affectionate' dig at one of our own. I won't reveal all but he has posted on this thread.

I know this post isn't really applauding the club as such, but as has already been said in this thread, it looks like people from the club keep an eye on BigFooty, and I can't seem to get a reply from them on facebook through either writing on their wall or inboxing them, so this is probably the next best place to put this.

On Sunday evening through the club website, I attempted to buy a seat on the bus for the game next weekend. However, just after the payment stage, your site stated there was an error, however the money was taken from my account and I also recieved an email confirming my order, which just confused me. Would you be able to confirm that I have actually booked a seat on the bus?
ring the club, best most direct way that ins't going to alberton itself

In the spirit of positivity new or infrequent viewers should know that's an 'affectionate' dig at one of our own. I won't reveal all but he has posted on this thread.
DonDraper is one of my best mates, I imagine everyone would have understood the joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the spirit of positivity new or infrequent viewers should know that's an 'affectionate' dig at one of our own.

N00bs getting confused at s**t like that is one of the best things about online forums, though. ;)

Yeh I too am more than impressed with the high level of service we get from Matty Richardson, Ben D and Mr Banner (as well as others) - they go that step further and are willing to listen to our ideas and discuss stuff - an example of this was late yesterday arvo, Matt rang me back re an enquiry I'd left with the club's answering service a bit earlier and he rang after the time the answering service said the club's office would shut down for the day and he didn't hurry me and I even asked a few questions about our Essential Power Platinum membership and the Western Stand as well as making a couple of suggestions so that the club understands what we are thinking and would like to see happen - Matt said they welcome our feedback and it really does help them when they discuss things with the SMA at Adelaide Oval.

I also like it how they remember my first name if we run into each other at Alberton Oval which can't be easy (name remembering that is - lol) given how many people they'd each be dealing with in their various roles at the PAFC. Well done guys and other staff too.:D

Got a couple more...

Tara Macleod and Laura Parkes are responsible for what is now THE game day experience that sporting organisations all over the world will look at with envy (particularly considering the rapid change).

Stephen Shirley - although recently poached by the AFL after 10yrs at the club - has been behind the brand finally finding its home in 'we are port adelaide', as well as a lot of the membership/marketing initiatives and game day.

Got a couple more...

Tara Macleod and Laura Parkes are responsible for what is now THE game day experience that sporting organisations all over the world will look at with envy (particularly considering the rapid change).

Stephen Shirley - although recently poached by the AFL after 10yrs at the club - has been behind the brand finally finding its home in 'we are port adelaide', as well as a lot of the membership/marketing initiatives and game day.

Pretty sure it was Tara who put forward NTUA at a brain storming session in February. I think she heard it at a college sporting event in USA on her holidays. The rest of the team developed it further once they agreed on the song.

Pretty sure it was Tara who put forward NTUA at a brain storming session in February. I think she heard it at a college sporting event in USA on her holidays. The rest of the team developed it further once they agreed on the song.
Might expect a Port Club parmy voucher on the back of that, once end of year reviews are done.

Another call out to the great work done by the media and communications team, lately with the e-release of Port's Yearbook.

This is a tough time of the year with the players and coaches in hiatus but Matt Agius has said to keep an eye out for a few bits and pieces our history enthusiasts might be interested in for early year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back