Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a whisper that Sewell is looking for a Daniel Cross type move, go elsewhere with part of contract to be around him becoming an assistant coach. Have any Hawks fans heard similar story as just don't trust that source?

I think it's quite possible. Can't see him playing again at Hawthorn with Woodward and Hallahan likely to be given most games next year, and he's the kind of guy you'd want around a young group. Haven't heard that rumour as yet though.

Be a bit of a shame to see Sewell go without a decent send off, has been a champion and my respect for him only grew with the way he handled himself this year.

I hope we keep Woodward and Duryea. I think our ruck stocks aren't too bad but once Hale goes it could leave a massive gap so be happy to see us put some time into Grimley(?) and Lowden. The hardest part about having good depth is keeping the players happy but it's a good problem to have.

Heard a whisper that Sewell is looking for a Daniel Cross type move, go elsewhere with part of contract to be around him becoming an assistant coach. Have any Hawks fans heard similar story as just don't trust that source?
Yep.....
and heard GWS

Still got something to offer at AFL level, but won't be at Hawthorn......to many ahead of him now. Would provide great on and off field leadership to a developing club.
Worst comes to worst, I wouldn't object to delisting him and putting on the rookie list as insurance, but can't see that happening.

Love ya Sewelly......Always Hawthorn

I reckon Hawthorn would have had a word to Sewell along the lines of "Thank you for your amazing service, we'll give you another year on reduced coin if you want it, but we're going to start to play kids ahead of you. If you can sort yourself out a nice retirement package at a GWS or Melbourne type club we'll help you get there".

I reckon Hawthorn would have had a word to Sewell along the lines of "Thank you for your amazing service, we'll give you another year on reduced coin if you want it, but we're going to start to play kids ahead of you. If you can sort yourself out a nice retirement package at a GWS or Melbourne type club we'll help you get there".

If that happened, I would be paying attention a hell of a lot more Melbourne or GWS games. Sewell would still be my favorite player no matter what Guernsey he may be wearing next year.

Sewell would be perfect in that role, he is a quality person, very articulate and more importantly leads the way in the hard contested stuff. Would be a great asset to a team like the Giants who have a lot of mids with a lot of polish but not necessarily the hard edge yet.

No bloody way Doc goes anywhere. Hopefully that goes for Boxer too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Sewell can sign his own name then he doesn't need the Hawks help getting anywhere. He's an unrestricted free agent.

As long as Sewell can sign his own name then he doesn't need the Hawks help getting anywhere. He's an unrestricted free agent.
If he went to Melbourne it effects their comp for Frawley, So last round pick swaps which we wont use would be the go

If he went to Melbourne it effects their comp for Frawley, So last round pick swaps which we wont use would be the go
If we're not going to use them then why would we help Melbourne retain better compo? In fact by doing so we disadvantage ourselves as them keeping the original compo pushes our first pick back a place.

You have heard correctly..... may involve GWS.
Don't be surprised if its not linked to JOR coming to Hawks. ....Similar deal landed us Anderson involving Gilham.

Rumour is North are keen on Sewell. Would only think we'd pick him up if Levi leaves though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back