Preview Hawthorn v Bulldogs, 3 August 2014, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Clarko remains strong and doesn't revert to playing his favourites again. Hale has been very average all season and one good BHH game isn't worthy of senior selection. Needs to prove he can do it again... it was Coburg after all.
Actually, would say better that Stratts, and that hasn't stopped him getting a game when out of form, or regaining fitness.

Hale needs to be managed maybe, but we saw he went into beast mode last finals campaign. Was top 5, maybe 3 in the finals last year.

This is no time to be dilly dolly-ing around by the Hawks IMO. Bulldogs are circling for a big scalp as bottom sides are looking to Finish the season on a high! If there are no injuries then everyone available should be playing! No Duryea either, not that he is a bad player but doesn't bring much to the table. Too small and too slow! Langford for whoevers out is a better option. Mitchell or Shiels could be the outs.

This is no time to be dilly dolly-ing around by the Hawks IMO. Bulldogs are circling for a big scalp as bottom sides are looking to Finish the season on a high! If there are no injuries then everyone available should be playing! No Duryea either, not that he is a bad player but doesn't bring much to the table. Too small and too slow! Langford for whoevers out is a better option. Mitchell or Shiels could be the outs.

Shiels was def at training

Shiels was def at training
Ok. That skims it down to one! Not too worried as long as it's Langers that replaces him. But it makes easier for the Dogs to send that train wreck Picken on to Lewis.

Didn't the Plane already Fly out? My Brother has Flown down to Tassy just to watch this game and Sammy is his Favorite player surely he would'nt travel all that way just to sit out the game with the flu ( Sammy I mean)

Few photos from the Hawks instagram account are on twitter. You can narrow it down slightly from that. A number of players aren't in the photos but Mitchell stands out as one that isn't given he's already been rumoured as one.

Hey macmate. I like you mate but can you stop trying to be cute and just tell us who you noticed was not at training?

Mitchell out with the flu is the rumour getting around, I don't think he is in Tassie with the team but I could be wrong.

Well since i stayed on to watch the dogs train (my gf is a dogs supporter) and i overheard their couches talking about this, it's clearly no secret. It has been mentioned already, Mitchell didn't make the flight, and i can confirm that he didn't train.

Of interest was the fact that the dogs seemed to know this was going to be the case even before they confirmed it by being there when the hawks trained.

Seems all the clubs have decent intel on all their competitors

Was Breust at training?
Was a bit worried when he went down late last week and then hobbled off, we were one man down for a minute or so, that's what caused the piece of play leading to the Goodes 'mark' and Gibbo's touch down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well since i stayed on to watch the dogs train (my gf is a dogs supporter) and i overheard their couches talking about this, it's clearly no secret. It has been mentioned already, Mitchell didn't make the flight, and i can confirm that he didn't train.

Of interest was the fact that the dogs seemed to know this was going to be the case even before they confirmed it by being there when the hawks trained.

Seems all the clubs have decent intel on all their competitors
2669454.jpg

this is pretty much 80% of supporters reactions, thank god we have a hard working midfield.....

as for Schoey his last month has been solid, very few mistakes or brain-farts so i'm starting to support him and not bag him out, i feel as though he is a good 22-25 player on our list, i still have Lake and Gibson ahead of him.........and i also believe that Heatherley and Brand have some talent and could surpass him in future

i think if he plays finals we should all back him in, as he has stepped up his game recently and we should encourage better performances and not dwell on the past too much.......

I would say he's been good to very good in the 2nd halves. First qtrs however ... often the weakest link in the backline, our greatest liability.

The improvement has been impressive and if he continues at the current rate, could be our fittest, most in form backman come finals time. Opponents will underestimate him at their peril.

Was Breust at training?
Was a bit worried when he went down late last week and then hobbled off, we were one man down for a minute or so, that's what caused the piece of play leading to the Goodes 'mark' and Gibbo's touch down.
He certainly was, no sign of anything wrong with him

every club needs a whipping boy, and with the retirements and delistings of Josh Thurgood and Tom Murphy, unfortuntely Schoe has become that player

You forgot Zac Dawson!;)

What you overlook in making that comparison, is that those guys couldn't play, and got moved on by us. They did have a crack though!

Mitchell out with the flu is the rumour getting around, I don't think he is in Tassie with the team but I could be wrong.

The same thing happened in the Bulldogs game in Tassie last year.

Mitch pulled out at the last minute, we saw him having breakfast with his missus the next morning, without the kids. He looked pretty happy, no kids will do that!

Most of those shots came when Litherland was on Buddy. When Gibbo went to him just before half time, Buddy was kept very quiet.
Not to hang Litherland out to dry, but did you see Buddys first 2 scoring shots? The 2nd one in particular, at about 16.00. Schoey could have matched him, won contest, or affected contest even, but preffered to stand back and point for someone else in a worse position to do something. So while Lithers may have had the score marked against him, I was pretty unhappy about Schoes lack of awareness & effort. Not the team thing, but it must please people here that the goal wasn't kicked on him!

The same thing happened in the Bulldogs game in Tassie last year.

Mitch pulled out at the last minute, we saw him having breakfast with his missus the next morning, without the kids. He looked pretty happy, no kids will do that!
You always feel better after you throw a sicky.;)

Apparently Stringer didn't train for the Dogs with Goodes a likely replacement, he kicked 5 goals last round for them.

Apparently Stringer didn't train for the Dogs with Goodes a likely replacement, he kicked 5 goals last round for them.
Baby duties but out of sheer desperation he will be flown in to Tassie tomorrow morning! Doesn't make sense, the bloke just become a father today and they still thinking about football.

I didn't see stringer out there today but I also didn't notice goodes. Was looking for stringer but not goodes. Having said that, I didn't notice either of their other two emergencies and I am not sure I would have recognized them if I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back