Preview Hawthorn v Bulldogs, 3 August 2014, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stat for you, lets take a look at their last respective games, shall we?

Spangher v Jenkins - Jenkins kicks 5 goals 1, almost single handedly drags Adelaide over the line at home and the reaction is oh well, Spang tried his best.

Schoenmakers v Tippett - Tippett kicks 2 goals 2, has no influence for the second half and his mids deliver it better than Adelaide do and the reaction is omg how do we let him play?

I have already answered your question above, that in the Adelaide game, Spanngher was filling a key defensive position in the absence of both Brian Lake and Josh Gibson, and with one eye always focusing on getting back and helping out Schoey, and help him he did, on many occasions watch the replay if you get a chance, which shows the opposite from whining or loosing that game, (from your little statement above), and lets not forget the form of Stratton, playing one of his worst games I have ever seen him play, with his 9 disposals and 2 marks..

Now the club has spoken:

"Spangher has been brought straight back into the team to bolster the defence alongside Josh Gibson.
It is testament to how far he has come since returning to the side two months ago and now become a valuable member of the Hawthorn backline"
Which obviously supports what I, and some others have been saying, that I/we feel more confided with Spangher in defence as his been the better player so far this year than Schoenmakers.

My question to you is to you still disagree?? Because if you do it means you know better than the Cub??

You egotistical angry little man answer the question or Shut up?

If you're seriously suggesting it was Schoenmakers' fault that Jenkins beat Spangher convincingly then I don't know what hope you have.

I'll always disagree with playing Spangher because he's just not very good. It's that simple really.

If you're seriously suggesting it was Schoenmakers' fault that Jenkins beat Spangher convincingly then I don't know what hope you have.

I'll always disagree with playing Spangher because he's just not very good. It's that simple really.
I think you and TeamPlayer23 need to calm down because you are both wrong. Spangher was good and won the night, but Jenkins kicked 5 because Pods was around and never went for the ball. Take Pods out and Jenkins kicks 2.

Just to clarify..

Spangher concedes 5 and still wins the battle between the two.

Schoenmakers concedes 2 and omg so s**t.

I'm out. For good this time, there should really be a test out there that forces people to qualify to use the internet.

I thought Langford would be perfect for this game, inside grunt... Jus goes to show I don't know s**t. Man I hope the selection panel know what they r doing.
Who's following Box Hill what's happening with Hallahan? He seems to have dropped off the radar.

Yep, expecting a tall, or "medium tall" to come out of the selected side for a runner.

I agree can we maybe see Hurtung coming in to the side replacing a tall?
Maybe depenting on the weather
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. The justification for Spangher getting reamed is incredible.

The club disagrees with you...Why is that I wonder??
Obviously not focussing on one or two games.

See who lines up for Box Hill tomorrow and who travels with the team.
If Hartung doesn't play for Box Hill he'd be odds on to play for us on Sunday.

Anyone have thoughts about crowd size? I'm thinking it's going to be pretty small.

Sunday afternoon game in Tassie in winter, we've just had 3-4 days of very ordinary weather. Sunday game will start off cold and get worse from there. 7 o'clock finish at the ground, you can bet attendances from Hobart will be at a minimum too.

Doggies won't draw many people either, their supporters are pretty thin on the ground down here.

I'll go with 13,000.

I'm a melbourne girl but I'll be there. Kind of dreading it though especially after the crappy weather today in Melbs. Going to make sure I rug up and bring my 'wine jacket' game on extra hard! Wish it was an earlier start...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. The justification for Spangher getting reamed is incredible.
Because in nearly every contest, Pods eyed off Spangher and his sole aim was to take him out. It didn't happen to Schoenmakers, but if it had, Schoey's opponent would have done the same thing.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Hai Judd, Dangerfield, Swan & Dangerfield.

Don't bother replying, dude, I don't care.

I'm very very sure that Jenkins two or three goals came when Stratts was on him..but anyway, Spangher coming in for Langford is very strange IMO. Doggies are pretty astute at the Coalface and have found some run in the past few weeks plus Griffen is starting hit his straps! Schoey perhaps plays forward but he would want to get on his bike though. Although Gibbo could have a easy game across Half Back racking up posies with Spangher/Schoenmakers at Key posts. I hope Woodward gets a full run and maybe Joffa as the Sub.

Have to question the validity of playing games in Tassy deep into winter. I'd like to be going to the footy this week to see my team play but I can't because they are down in Tassy in front of 3 men and a baby. Time to find a new sponsor Hawthorn.

Pretty sure I saw Mike Larkins getting snowed on at the weather cross the other night. Not sure it's much better in Vic.

Biggest problem is the time slot. 3.20 on a Sunday avro. AFL is taking the piss surely. After all these years of playing down in Tassie, they still have no idea that people travel from all round the state to see these matches. They want people hop in their cars and drive 2 hours and get home at 9.00 - 9.30 on a Sunday night? At this time of the year? Idiots.
The fixturing in Tassie in terms of times slots has been a joke all year. Early starts Saturday and late starts Sunday. You couldn't stuff it up any more.

Or maybe it's the plan....

Has the spangh V Schoey tanty finished yet?? Is it safe to return??

A couple of female members of my family would be happy with both.

But not necessarily in the team, if you know what I mean ...

Has the spangh V Schoey tanty finished yet?? Is it safe to return??

It sounds like it.
But, we do need to make sure you are trained and qualified to use the internet before posting here.

It sounds like it.
But, we do need to make sure you are trained and qualified to use the internet before posting here.

Cheers, appreciate it. Thought we were going to get piece between the Israelies and Hamas before that argument got settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back