Preview Hawthorn v Bulldogs, 3 August 2014, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Langford would be perfect for this game, inside grunt... Jus goes to show I don't know s**t. Man I hope the selection panel know what they r doing.
Who's following Box Hill what's happening with Hallahan? He seems to have dropped off the radar.

Agree 100%..........they are making me very nervous too.

Pretty sure I saw Mike Larkins getting snowed on at the weather cross the other night. Not sure it's much better in Vic.

Biggest problem is the time slot. 3.20 on a Sunday avro. AFL is taking the piss surely. After all these years of playing down in Tassie, they still have no idea that people travel from all round the state to see these matches. They want people hop in their cars and drive 2 hours and get home at 9.00 - 9.30 on a Sunday night? At this time of the year? Idiots.
The fixturing in Tassie in terms of times slots has been a joke all year. Early starts Saturday and late starts Sunday. You couldn't stuff it up any more.

Or maybe it's the plan....

Won't matter either way........we will overcome. ;)

When are posters on this board going to wake up and realize our backline is a unit. It is not just one against one of the opposition, but they swap opponents, and pick up different opponents in different situations. I have seen Shoey concentrate on the man, especially the big forwards, when he is isolated one on one. In these situations he seems to lack confidence. However, our other backs should be close enough to spoil the forward. That is why we missed Gibo so much, he is our best reader of the flight of the ball, and is usually the one to spoil.
Please stop all the nonsense about Shoey and Spangher. I'm sure both know one will have to make way for Lake, so both will be giving 100%, and that is all we can ask of our players.

We will need to win by about 50 points if they score 80. This will take us to ~139%. Need a greater or lesser winning margin depending on their score.

That's weird. We only had to win by sixteen or so last week to better their percentage.

The maths is starting to hurt my head but I think that's because we were playing $ydney, so their percentage came down as ours went up. The less we can keep the Bulldogs to, the less we need to win by to overtake $ydney.

so we need to win by approx how much to jump to top spot?
Here's a ready reckoner for you. Obviously, you'll have to pick the result that is closest to what actually occurs. Hopefully i am found to have grossly underestimated both our scoring power and our defensive resolve.

Hawks Dogs Margin
130 90 40 138.35%
130 80 50 139.28%
130 70 60 140.23%
130 60 70 141.19%
130 50 80 142.17%

120 80 40 138.61%
120 70 50 139.55%
120 60 60 140.51%
120 50 70 141.48%
120 40 80 142.46%

110 80 30 137.93%
110 70 40 138.87%
110 60 50 139.82%
110 50 60 140.79%
110 40 70 141.77%

100 80 20 137.25%
100 70 30 138.19%
100 60 40 139.14%
50 50 140.10%
40 60 141.07%

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a stat for you, lets take a look at their last respective games, shall we?

Spangher v Jenkins - Jenkins kicks 5 goals 1, almost single handedly drags Adelaide over the line at home and the reaction is oh well, Spang tried his best.

Schoenmakers v Tippett - Tippett kicks 2 goals 2, has no influence for the second half and his mids deliver it better than Adelaide do and the reaction is omg how do we let him play?

You do understand that Tippett and Jenkins are two different players? You are comparing apples with grapes. Try again.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure both Langford and Duryea in Tas (niether playing today for Box Hill), so late change in on the cards.

Yuk. I liked the team selected.
Yeah me too. This board complains we are too small down back, we bring in an extra tall and now we complain we are too tall. Most clubs play at least 2 bigger defenders. Litherland, Stratton can play on smalls and mediums. We get plenty of run out of the back line with Litherland/Birchall/Suckling.

Nothing wrong with the the line up below. We've got plenty of midfield types considering Hodge, Burgoyne, Shiels, Simpkin, Woodward, Hill, Mitchell, Smith, Bruest, Poupolo, Lewis are all going to run through the middle at some stage.

Litherland, Schoey, Gibbo
Birchall, Spanger, Stratton
Suckling, Mitchell, Smith
Hill, Roughie, Bruest
Puopolo, Gunston, Hale

McEvoy, Lewis, Hodge

Burgoyne, Shiels, Woodward, Simpkin

Pretty sure both Langford and Duryea in Tas (niether playing today for Box Hill), so late change in on the cards.
I can confirm both these two are training as I type this. Unfortunately there is one noticeable absentee, notable too as it might be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back