India v South Africa - 3 T20s, 5 ODIs, 4 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people so in favour of bowling dominance, but so against batting dominace?

The current rules favour batting. Bats are huge compared to what they used to be yet the balls am have remained the same. Then you have the boundaries getting smaller.

If batsman have trouble seeing the seem of the pink ball then so be it - they have enough advantage as it is and this might bridge the cap.

Why are people so in favour of bowling dominance, but so against batting dominace?
I get more enjoyment out of seeing a Bowler get a 5for than I do a century from a batsman
Maybe its because I was a bowler myself when I played.
Having said that though, there is something to admire about a player that grounds out an innings on a tough pitch.
Its not soo much about being in favour of one or the other, but rather the gap between bat and ball being narrowed in matches like this. Batsman have a huge leg up over bowlers, so its good from time to time to see the tide turn the other way
I still don't think these pitches are good for test cricket on a consistent basis, but it was certainly more entertaining than any of the AUS/NZ matches.

Notsureifsrs...

Batsmen have been gradually increasing their dominance of this game since the turn of the century. It's led to boring cricket like the last and this summer in Australia.

Yeah, but what the person I quoted is wanting would be just as "boring". It's just the other side of the coin dominating. I don't really see why going to the other extreme and having bowlers dominating is more favourable or "acceptable".

Yeah, but what the person I quoted is wanting would be just as "boring". It's just the other side of the coin dominating. I don't really see why going to the other extreme and having bowlers dominating is more favourable or "acceptable".

Bowler friendly pitches can still allow good enough batsmen to score runs. Flat roads generally put even the best bowlers up s**t creek without a paddle.

It's much easier to score tons than it is to get a 5 wicket haul. Pitches should generally be bowler friendly so that its leveled out. Especially these days with the big bats and smaller boundaries. Meanwhile, how has the playing rules/equipment been modified to assist bowlers in any way? The pink ball under lights might actually be the first...

As I keep saying this match wouldn't have been so dominated by bowlers if the batsmen from both teams applied themselves consistently like Du Plessis and Amla did today.

It says a lot about where cricket is at when less of a fuss (relatively) is made over flat roads than it is for pitches like Nagpur. We've had 6 roads in Australia in the last two summers and whilst it has generated noise it's been nowhere near the criticism leveled at just the two pitches in this series.

Lol showing your complete lack of cricketing knowledge outside of Australia. Not surprising really.

Can't handle the truth mate? I get that you're an Indian fan but you're kidding yourself if you think that Ashwin and in particular Jadeja are suddenly amazing bowlers.

India are not controlling things. Australia, England and India share equal governance across the board and the ICC president is from Pakistan- but let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good whinge.

And surely you are not serious regarding how Australia's pitches play? The only country I can think of which has come close to a good balance is England. But at the end of the day, they don't have to have a balance- every country is allowed to use the ground staff to create the best possible chance of winning.
How naive are you. India pull all the strings behind the scenes, make no mistake they control the game and the ICC.

Can't handle the truth mate? I get that you're an Indian fan but you're kidding yourself if you think that Ashwin and in particular Jadeja are suddenly amazing bowlers.
They're not, they're both ordinary outside of India for the most part.

People lack patience these days. They want everything over with as quickly as possible. To watch a batsman carve out a masterful 200 requires concentration and appreciation, and most contemporary cricket fans lack both.

Bowler friendly pitches can still allow good enough batsmen to score runs. Flat roads generally put even the best bowlers up s**t creek without a paddle.

It's much easier to score tons than it is to get a 5 wicket haul. Pitches should generally be bowler friendly so that its leveled out. Especially these days with the big bats and smaller boundaries. Meanwhile, how has the playing rules/equipment been modified to assist bowlers in any way? The pink ball under lights might actually be the first...

As I keep saying this match wouldn't have been so dominated by bowlers if the batsmen from both teams applied themselves consistently like Du Plessis and Amla did today.

It says a lot about where cricket is at when less of a fuss (relatively) is made over flat roads than it is for pitches like Nagpur. We've had 6 roads in Australia in the last two summers and whilst it has generated noise it's been nowhere near the criticism leveled at just the two pitches in this series.
Nah, Starc actually did just as well as a bowler at the WACA as Amla/Faf did as batsmen in this match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, never said they were amazing bowlers. But maybe it's possible that they are very good bowlers in their own conditions. Or maybe it's possible that Ashwin has improved since a tour that happened a year ago.

But let's not allow those possibilities to get in the way of your ch9-led way of thinking.

Nah, already been quoted. Already been slammed. Very one sided.
By who- you? Very one sided, now what does that remind me of?
Just double checked his wickets. Two tailenders and an out of form batsmen. So not really.
Did you actually watch the game? Your knowledge is about on par with Adam H, no wonder you guys get on so well.

By who- you? Very one sided, now what does that remind me of?

:$ :$ One sided in the way it was written. Not the same thing. I've explained the reasons for this already as well, the article referred to two matches where he used selective events to support his point. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it was one sided in the way it was written.

Actually it's funny the same author wrote an article after the end of the test acknowledging the possibility that batsmen haven't applied themselves. A balanced article would have discussed this point. Probably realises himself he jumped the gun.

Spinners have had plenty of help from the pitches during India's Test series against South Africa, and the extent of the help they have had has been the topic of a fair few debates. Some have felt batting has been a lottery, others that batsmen from both sides have made them look worse than they actually are.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/content/story/944867.html

But hey, if you wanna keep using cricinfo articles to back your opinions then go ahead.

Did you actually watch the game? Your knowledge is about on par with Adam H, no wonder you guys get on so well.

Haha alright, says the guy who looks up to King Haydos for credibility. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
:$ :$ One sided in the way it was written. Not the same thing. I've explained the reasons for this already as well, the article referred to two matches where he used selective events to support his point. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it was one sided in the way it was written.

Actually it's funny the same author wrote an article after the end of the test acknowledging the possibility that batsmen haven't applied themselves. A balanced article would have discussed this point. Probably realises himself he jumped the gun.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/content/story/944867.html

But hey, if you wanna keep using cricinfo articles to back your opinions then go ahead.

Haha alright, says the guy who looks up to King Haydos for credibility. :thumbsu:
161.gif

You MAY have misunderstood. You know, just a tad.

I think the batsmen made this pitch look worse than it was, i think people need to understand that just because this current indian side struggle on a turner it doesn't make it unplayable.

This isn't the last generation of indians who were the masters vs spin in fact this new lot are pretty damn ordinary vs turn, lyon rolled them at adelaide hell even ali rolled them in england, they just aren't that good vs turn but luckily for them they had ashwin and jadeja rolling the opposition while they got to face harmer and tahir.

I think the batsmen made this pitch look worse than it was, i think people need to understand that just because this current indian side struggle on a turner it doesn't make it unplayable.

This isn't the last generation of indians who were the masters vs spin in fact this new lot are pretty damn ordinary vs turn, lyon rolled them at adelaide hell even ali rolled them in england, they just aren't that good vs turn but luckily for them they had ashwin and jadeja rolling the opposition while they got to face harmer and tahir.

Who bowled pretty well. South Africa's batsmen panicked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back