INJURY LIST - UPDATED WEDNESDAY 22 APRIL
Player Injury Duration
Alex Silvagni Hamstring Test
Tommy Sheridan Calf Test
Michael Apeness Concussion 1 week
Tanner Smith Concussion 1 week
Zac Dawson Groin 3 weeks
Anthony Morabito Knee TBA
Somewhere out there, on a wet Bondi's day is Buddy Franklin. Huddled over his phone within his humble three story waterside condo, Buddy continues furiously checking for updates. Buddy looks at his salmon focaccia and decafe skim frappe and turns away, a single tear running down his cheek. He wants a bite but knows he cannot until he hears word on Silvagni's hamstring :(

Somewhere out there, on a wet Bondi's day is Buddy Franklin. Huddled over his phone within his humble three story waterside condo, Buddy continues furiously checking for updates. Buddy looks at his salmon focaccia and decafe skim frappe and turns away, a single tear running down his cheek. He wants a bite but knows he cannot until he hears word on Silvagni's hamstring :(

Then takes one look at Jacinta Cambell and feels excellent again.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED WEDNESDAY 22 APRIL
Player Injury Duration
Alex Silvagni Hamstring Test
Tommy Sheridan Calf Test
Michael Apeness Concussion 1 week
Tanner Smith Concussion 1 week
Zac Dawson Groin 3 weeks
Anthony Morabito Knee TBA

Shouldn't Apeness and Smith be listed as Test?

Talk about imagery.
You could a write a telemovie around that theme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a while before Zac is fit, but it's genuinely hard to see where he fits into the team at the moment.
its going to be very interesting to see if he has to play the waiting game like everyone else or if Ross will bring him straight back.
The backing is working beautifully as it is and I love having the interception skills of Johnson, Ibbo, the rebound of Duff, Sutty and the hardness of Spurr. McPharlin is the crown jewel and Clancee is playing the enforcer. Who do you take out of that?

its going to be very interesting to see if he has to play the waiting game like everyone else or if Ross will bring him straight back.
The backing is working beautifully as it is and I love having the interception skills of Johnson, Ibbo, the rebound of Duff, Sutty and the hardness of Spurr. McPharlin is the crown jewel and Clancee is playing the enforcer. Who do you take out of that?

The usual course of these things is that the decisions are usually made for you unfortunately through injury or drop in form.

But that not happening. One of two things.

1. You take the opportunity to rest Elvis for a game or so which I think is a must if we want him at the pointy end of the season.

2. Probably take out Clancee or maybe Ibbo and let Johno play looser as he has in the past. Alternatively you pull Suban out, push Clancee up the ground more and slot the genuine tall (in Dawson) back there and, again, allow Johno to play 3rd tall etc. which he does as good as anybody.

I'll say this, if we hold up this week against a quality midfield delivering to genuine fwd power talls, then the temptation is going to be strong to leave well enough alone. Interesting to see how that back half fair against team of high quality like the Swans.

Duffield is the most expendable out of that lot, playing too well to drop though. As you say it'll be very interesting.

Similar to Creepy's situation, they're both going to find it hard to get back in as it stands now, law of unintended consequences and all that.

I can't remember us being this healthy in a long time. Where do you fit in silvagni, Dawson, goo and Sherro. Not to mention trying to get Blakey and Hannath and guys like that a game. It's great

Crowley will understand that he is no more than a depth player when he's allowed to come back. Probably be a big factor in his pulling the pin if he's suspended until next year or worse. Dawson's interesting; as noted above, initially he'll probably be an opportunity to give Luke a rest. Down the track he might only play against the gorillas.

Crowley will understand that he is no more than a depth player when he's allowed to come back. Probably be a big factor in his pulling the pin if he's suspended until next year or worse. Dawson's interesting; as noted above, initially he'll probably be an opportunity to give Luke a rest. Down the track he might only play against the gorillas.

I'm not sure about this

I like the sound of a backline with Dawson and Macca holding the power forwards and johnno and Ibbo doing as they like. Then add silvagni and that's pretty solid

I'm not sure about this

I like the sound of a backline with Dawson and Macca holding the power forwards and johnno and Ibbo doing as they like. Then add silvagni and that's pretty solid

Will be interesting how it plays out if they are all available for selection as Ross has commented that Alex and Zac are not as good at distributing as the rest of them. The present incumbents down back might well be regarded as first choice therefore especially if their form holds and they can handle the height of Sydney this week.

If the worst happens and Crowley is suspended, does anyone know if we can upgrade someone from the rookie list?

Will it apply like a long term injury to the club?
It won't but the irony is that if his back is so sore that he is unable to play he can go onto a rehab program, onto the LTI list and then it does allow an upgrade... as long as it's prior to suspension.

It won't but the irony is that if his back is so sore that he is unable to play he can go onto a rehab program, onto the LTI list and then it does allow an upgrade... as long as it's prior to suspension.

Sounds like we should lie and say he has a back injury now then, to cover both bases.

Will be interesting how it plays out if they are all available for selection as Ross has commented that Alex and Zac are not as good at distributing as the rest of them. The present incumbents down back might well be regarded as first choice therefore especially if their form holds and they can handle the height of Sydney this week.
It's been flagged that Macca will be getting a lot of management in the 2nd half of the year so there will be openings there. I could see Sutty pushing Subes/De Boer out leaving another spot for Zac. Throw in some injuries and they should squeeze in pretty nicely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back