Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont be the Demons his knee is cactus - count us out.

Same reason why Carlton aren't interested, plus he wants too much money in the cap. If Richmond suffer another poor finals showing, I expect them to go for him hard.

There's a degree of buyer beware with O'Meara

I would disagree with this statement. A lot of homes at auction end up below the reserve and don't sell.

Look at eBay, if you know what you are looking for you can get an awesome deal.

The person selling's opinion is not market value.

If that person is a bidder, it would mean that he has just set market value.

I agree. I was responding to a post where the person said:

"Technically whoever wins an auction has paid overs because they've paid what no one else was willing to."

which I didn't agree with. May not of made my point very well though

Whispers coming from the same place that claimed Saints had Weller all wrapped up and Carlisle on the cheap or in the PSD? My favourite of his was a deal for Jeremy Cameron was as good as done, then he signs a 5 year extension. Need to stop listening to BS's BS.
They are coming from plenty of places, including, as I said, Brett Anderson, or did you somehow miss that part of my post?

Would you really be surprised to hear that are heavily into him? We've invested a lot in "talls" in the last couple of offseasons, and now we need to focus really strongly on building an A-grade midfield and we have plenty of "grunt" types, so we're now zeroing in on those with real class, speed and skill and there's probably no-one in the league around his sort of age (which is the age group we'd be most keen to add to) who fits the bill better than O'Meara. Combine that with the persistent talk that he could be keen to move to Melbourne and we'd have to be out of our minds to not be having a massive crack at him (pending his knee/fitness of course).

If you think we aren't though, then good for you and you're welcome to tell us what you've heard that specifically suggests we aren't.

Last edited:
Just a slight problem with that i'm afraid, does the name Jake ring any bells.
It does. Now I have a question for you. Does the name Jade ring any bells?

If they trade out another player, get a first in return, they can on-trade that pick. Not sure it'll happen but if Saints are willing to sacrifice enough for him, they could get it done, if he was happy to go there and they had the cap room. Didn't Jake end up signing on for 700k a year? Wouldn't want too many more on mega coin at the same time.
We still had a first round pick in last year's draft (Gresham), so as far as I'm aware we can still trade two first rounders in the next 4 years without having to trade in any additional first round picks like you suggested.

As for $700K, I'm not sure where you got that number from, because from memory it was reported that he signed on for around $600K PA and after his Snapchat incident, his contract was re-written and he lost at minimum $50K PA off that $600K-ish, so it would now be a lot lot closer to $550K PA than $700K.

Now while I'm not really up on the latest on this whole Essendon saga, the last I saw we were demanding Essendon pay his contract for this year, so if that happens it will almost certainly allow us to pay 105% of the salary cap in 2017, if we're not able to even if we do have to pay Carlisle this year.

We've been front-ending contracts and so-on for the last couple of years now and have a few that we can put on the veterans list, so we'll still be in a very strong position to go hard at the likes of O'Meara. We'll still have a lot of cap space to play with unless say Bruce kicks 100 goals this year and demands a $1million PA contract.

Saints in very good position to get many guns over he next few years.

We havent even started yet and carlisle?? Everyone is bagging us but its absolutely brilliant what we have got.
He will be fresh as a daisy at 25 and play 7 seasons when we need him. Why have em
A 200cm gun kpd. AND? We dont have to pay him a thing in 2016. For 550k he is a bargain.
2020 flag is ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same reason why Carlton aren't interested, plus he wants too much money in the cap. If Richmond suffer another poor finals showing, I expect them to go for him hard.

There's a degree of buyer beware with O'Meara
I hope we don't, too much risk with him for what the asking price will be.

I heard a few whispers last year that Collingwood are very keen on him, but I am not sure if they have the trade assets to let him go (depends if they let Sidebottom go as a FA, and use that compo pick) or the salary cap space for that matter, but I would think that the Pies (somehow) could get him.

Don't think it's the Dees because Melbourne will be throwing the kitchen sink at Prestia. Half the coterie are bombarding him with phone calls, people have been telling him to come home for 4 years and the club have been targeting his contract expiry for a few too.

Don't think it's the Dees because Melbourne will be throwing the kitchen sink at Prestia. Half the coterie are bombarding him with phone calls, people have been telling him to come home for 4 years and the club have been targeting his contract expiry for a few too.

Can't wait for the Melbourne offended when he re-signs. You blokes have been going on like he's already yours for over year a now. This will be funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard a few whispers last year that Collingwood are very keen on him, but I am not sure if they have the trade assets to let him go (depends if they let Sidebottom go as a FA, and use that compo pick) or the salary cap space for that matter, but I would think that the Pies (somehow) could get him.

We could trade our future 1st round pick again in theory

We could trade our future 1st round pick again in theory
You can't. Have to make 2 first round picks in a 4 year cycle from 2015 onwards. So you're restricting that.

Knew this was on the cards when Dunstall mentioned on an episode of After the Bounce that Jaegar had been doing intern work at Fox Footy for that week.

Fully expect him to wind up at the Hawks.

e8947336bbabe085e7d7434cfefb23d5.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back