Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

So a forward/mid averaging what 20 disposals a game and 1 and half goals in the VFL is all of a sudden worth more than players like jetta and redden purely because he was somewhere between 20-30 on their list this year in his third year in the system.

Some people even seem to believe he's worth a late first rounder. People have lost their minds.
Contracted. It's why Weagles have been banging on that Lycett's value is a top 10 pick.

10 Games, 22 before next season. If he was a player at any other club in the league everyone would say he is junk. But oohhhh the Hawks culture, ooohhh Clarkson, blah blah blah and he's a top 10 pick.

He's not certainty, but he's good.

The question is not what pick do you think he's worth, its is he better value for the pick than the kids you could draft for the same pick.

Tell ya what, chick in Rioli as steak knives and you'll have room. See how I'm trying to help you ease the salary cap. Whatta guy!!
cyril-rioli-420-420x0.jpg

Aish + 21 > Anderson + 18

Duggan > Anderson + 18

Yarran + 20 > Anderson + 18

Ellis-Yolmen + 13 > Anderson + 18

Any of those not completely laughable?
I'd be ok with that, given we are likely to get 9 from Geelong. Someone on our board mentioned Cam was likely to sign a new deal shortly. Guess we'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not certainty, but he's good.

The question is not what pick do you think he's worth, its is he better value for the pick than the kids you could draft for the same pick.

Yep. What do we really know about the guy who is 12th or 25th in the draft. Could be a Mitchell. Could be a Watts. With Aish, Anderson, and the other guys with a couple of years in the system you at least have a reasonable benchmark to work from.

What we dont know is how badly Anderson wants to go, and how badly Hawthorn want to keep him. Without knowing this it could require anything from a 1st round to a couple of 3rd rounds like we got with Hallahan.

With Anderson he has played well in an AFL final. Something Aish cant say.

It would be interesting if Anderson and Henderson end up in a trade.

Not sure if Hawks going to try and keep him desperately but will try to sell to highest bidder!! This is what I've scrounged up so far. Hmm, maybe he ain't that popular at the Hawks.

I hope we can convince him to stay. First prize would be to keep him.

His ceiling is huge. He has pace, inside/outside ability, good skills and kicks goals. His downside at the moment is his body has let him down, and that he needs to build up his tank and not fade out of games.

His ceiling his huge though, as he can be an elite midfielder in the competition.

If he were to go in the draft, I think he would go in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was joking. He was still an Essendon supporter in 2009 though!! I spoke with him on the ground at Dreamtime game that year. He was with that other small indig forward (who's name escapes me) at Hawthorn then too.

I'm 50% mucking around 50% dreaming. I remember Wayne Harmes always said "I barrack for Richmond, I work for Carlton".

It seems like you're suggesting he will get his chance in 2017 after Mitchell and Hodge retire. If he's unhappy about the lack of senior opportunities in the last few seasons, I can't see how another year at Box Hill next season is going to appease him even with guaranteed games in 2017. He's been talented enough to play for a few seasons but has struggled to get continuity into his game due to illness and injury. If he has a strong pre-season he'll be a regular in 2016.
It would be a far easier sell at the end of 2016 then it is right now.

They cant guarantee him games next year but at the end of 2016 they will be able to. Hawthorn arent stupid they will looo to keep him unless an offer to good to refuse jumps out. Hes worth about pick 15-25 IMO

from how much the Hawks want for him I thought if he is that good and playing VFL he must of done well in the liston trophy. He didn't. I'm confused. It's like he is junk and the Hawks are playing a joke on everyone

To hawks supporters are WCE a chance at getting him ?
I believe he may have some family in perth ?
And we could definately offer game time to him ?

Or will he go to a vic club ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back