Scandal Jeff Garlett belted in nightclub incident

Remove this Banner Ad

But he's playing in the 2's. Why doesn't he just take a complete break?
The thought is taking time off 1. Won't fix his concerns. 2. Will just bring more external attention.

I'm not condoning him being out @ 5am, but I'm not surprised given his current state.

The thought is taking time off 1. Won't fix his concerns. 2. Will just bring more external attention.

I'm not condoning him being out @ 5am, but I'm not surprised given his current state.
I don't know what his issues are, so I'm not going to comment on that.

But being out at 5am I thought was well and truly done with these days during footy season. But, you cant tell these blokes, they think they are bullet proof. And nothing bad will ever happen to THEM.

I don't know what his issues are, so I'm not going to comment on that.

But being out at 5am I thought was well and truly done with these days during footy season. But, you cant tell these blokes, they think they are bullet proof. And nothing bad will ever happen to THEM.

I think you'd be extremely surprised

There are plenty of fantastic experiences to be had after 1am in the city.
Yeah just not when you're an AFL player.

Inbeforeyoureplywithhe'savflplayer

I think you'd be extremely surprised
Nothing surprises me, but these idiots, and I mean from all clubs, have to realise that with an AFL contract, comes the expectation that the rules are different. You have to forgo some of the things we normal citizens would see as passage of rights stuff because they are targets and they need to be aware they are targets. And after a few shandies, there are some morons who see these targets and cant help themselves and funnily enough, this tends to occur on an exponentially increasing scale as the night becomes day.

2 or 3am I'd understand, yet still be disappointed with an AFL player birthday or not. But 5am, it's pretty hard to see that time of night especially after a footy game earlier that day unless you are pretty drunk (which is still hard) or had some drug assistance.

If Garlett is struggling with a personal issue it's even more of a reason to try and get some healthy sleep patterns so you've at least got that part of your life right.

I'm sorry he got beat up. I'm sorry if he's having personal issues. But it seems to me he's not doing a very good job in managing them if he's out until 5am. Or he might be managing them but if staying out til 5 is part of his plan it's not going to be conducive with getting back to AFL.

He should be up running around Prinny Park at that time. If I can manage it... what about a guy who is getting paid 200k to do it...

Wtf is he doing out at 5am?

Hey he turned up to recovery though........slightly battered and bruised.
I remember about 10 or so years a couple of Carlton players going on an all night bender and rocking up to training hours later.One was Mr Angwin [who was the other ?]

Hey he turned up to recovery though........slightly battered and bruised.
I remember about 10 or so years a couple of Carlton players going on an all night bender and rocking up to training hours later.One was Mr Angwin [who was the other ?]

lol please

any night out in Geelong if you only manage a run in with 3 smash drunk geelong players you're considered lucky

its the wild west out there after a cats win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasnt posted originally in the scandal forum. I posted it in the general forum. Someone shifted it.

Right place for it to be considering some of the faux/ misplaced 'moral outrage' on here about a bloke out late when celebrating his 25th birthday during a tough year personally.

Guess footballers should join convents and take vows of celibacy or some s**t when not on the park or training.

Right place for it to be considering some of the faux/ misplaced 'moral outrage' on here about a bloke out late when celebrating his 25th birthday during a tough year personally.

Guess footballers should join convents and take vows of celibacy or some s**t when not on the park or training.
The day after and more importantly, the immediate night after a match is meant to be a recovery period, in fact the most important recovery period. I'm not sure a 5am night out lends itself to effective recovery.

Do You?

The day after and more importantly, the immediate night after a match is meant to be a recovery period, in fact the most important recovery period. I'm not sure a 5am night out lends itself to effective recovery.

Do You?

See the above club statement whereby he sought and obtained full club support for going out and celebrating his birthday.

Im still perplexed at some of these 'recovery sessions' too by the way. It seems to me as if the players just get tortured by having to swim in the bay in like 5 degree morning chill.

Screw that.

See the above club statement whereby he sought and obtained full club support for going out and celebrating his birthday.

Im still perplexed at some of these 'recovery sessions' too by the way. It seems to me as if the players just get tortured by having to swim in the bay in like 5 degree morning chill.

Screw that.
Its about reducing swelling as soon as possible.

Malthouse also said he recommends players are not out after 1:30am. he says too many bad things happen after that hr. We have a case in point here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back