Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested that Wright was likely to go with one of Melbourne's picks, that Melbourne considered McCartin too similar to Hogan.

You'd want to know then what Melbourne have in mind at 3. If indeed they do then pick 4 at GWS if McCartin is St Kilda's preferred key forward this year could be a fine trade-down if pick 7 comes with it.

Hey KM has Brad Walsh come back into draft calculations after an impressive state combine?

Walsh is in the mix late/rookie. Testing results shouldn't greatly enhance his draft stocks if at all.

Knightmare,

Do you think Collingwood are a chance to take Wright despite having Grundy, Witts, White, Cloke, Reid and Moore? And even Gault, to a lesser extent.
I think he will be the best available at pick 5 based on what I've seen... and good ruck/forwards are worth their weight in gold.

Cheers

It's possible Collingwood take Wright but the talk seems to be that Collingwood go for a mid or flanker - maybe that's Laverde, maybe that's Weller, it could be any number of guys.

I agree with you though Nicco. Wright if available would be at the top of my draft board at 5.

It's possible Collingwood take Wright but the talk seems to be that Collingwood go for a mid or flanker - maybe that's Laverde, maybe that's Weller, it could be any number of guys.

I wouldn't read too much into this talk. Before the 2006 draft, all the talk was that Collingwood would be looking for mids. We then proceeded to draft Reid, Brown and Dawes with our first 3 picks.

GWS swap 6 and 7 for pick 2 with Melbourne?

GWS get a gun mid and then have 4 to grab Wright or Lever?

Or do Melbourne rate Brayshaw too highly?

I wouldn't read too much into this talk. Before the 2006 draft, all the talk was that Collingwood would be looking for mids. We then proceeded to draft Reid, Brown and Dawes with our first 3 picks.

I agree that nothing can be discounted. Could well be a smokescreen. Anything is possible with Collingwood through the draft. They may not even have finalised their draft rankings yet.

GWS swap 6 and 7 for pick 2 with Melbourne?

GWS get a gun mid and then have 4 to grab Wright or Lever?

Or do Melbourne rate Brayshaw too highly?

Melbourne I imagine rate Brayshaw too highly to make that trade. Picks around 6/7 don't make sense for Melbourne. Even 4 and 6 Melbourne probably struggle with, as they're looking for that superiority of midfield talent, and to get that it's those top 2 picks it's for certain coming from.

So it looks like Essendon will have picks 17 and 20 in the ND, are there any ruckmen likely to be good value at those picks?
Who do you see us picking up?

No ruckmen other than Peter Wright (who is probably better as a forward) going top 20, and Wright is a top 6 selection.

If you want a further ruckman the rookie draft is probably where to look for options, and they'll all be long term projects.

At 17 and 20 an inside and an outside type is likely as the more highly rated key position players are likely gone by that point.

De Goey and Garlett as an example could be two Essendon look at with those selections.

Hi Knightmare I really like the look of Menadue. Has pace, endurance and takes the game on. Exactly what West Coast need.

Any chance of him lasting to pick 32?

Hi Knightmare I really like the look of Menadue. Has pace, endurance and takes the game on. Exactly what West Coast need.

Any chance of him lasting to pick 32?

It's possible but against the odds. From around pick 20 he'll start to receive consideration and should go somewhere, most likely in the second round.

Who do Geelong want at 10 and who do the Crows think will fall to 14? Fascinating stuff.

Adelaide probably feel like they can get their key defender at 14 - presumably one of Goddard or Marchbank.

Geelong at 10 is interesting and their plans are rarely clear, but given that slight move up for it to be consequential to them I imagine they like someone who otherwise would not be available at 14, perhaps they have their eyes on Durdin, Duggan, Pickett or Ahern as educated guesses based on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so who are we looking at with pick 67?

Whoever is the highest rated talent on Brisbane's draft board presumably - and given how late in the draft I don't think any of us would guess exactly every player who will by that point be taken, every player who will still be available and who Brisbane would most like. Just too many variables for their to be any certainty.

To give you a name and I've got a 1 in 100 chance of being right Josh McGuinness.

There has been alot of hype arround Cockatoo.
Where do you see him going?

Cockatoo goes somewhere in the 10-30 range most likely. North Melbourne at 16 will probably take a long, hard look. Maybe Essendon at 17/20. They're some clubs he has been connected to and they're my best guesses for eventual destinations.

KM will there be any good inside midfielders at Hawthorn's first pick 31

Bampton, Blakely, Neal-Bullen, Gore. There will be a few good ones around that point. Any of the four could fairly easily replace Hallahan.

Hey KM, Given all the changes to who is holding the top 10 picks, how do you see the top 10 panning out?

I'll do a mini update possibly tonight of the phantom draft specifically (not my power rankings or profiles) so I'll include it in there.

I really like the Bulldogs post-trade week draft picks based on KM's selections. Really like them.

Hey KM,

With everything that has transpired today making the loss of our first and second round official aswell as the inability to pick up gorringe, this surely means port will pick up two of pittonet/read/baulderstone just wanted to get your opinion on this and if there anymore ruck/forwards whether they are mature or not who are a legitimate chance to get drafter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back