Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Greenwood's end of season form was first class and I attribute Norths Finals victories a lot to his dominance at the clearances... Most people i spoke to didn't give North a chance against the Bombers, let alone Fremantle... If he continues this form, then I'd rate him easily an early second round/late first round... If he can consistently play at that level, then he could be the biggest steal of this offseason...

I'm truly shocked that we are even talking about him in regards to a trade, surely he and North can meet in the middle somewhere? Farout! He's played a really promising season and looks to have turned a corner... But.. I'm not sure this qualifies him to hold them over a barrel... Jeez...

Has this game really become this money grubbing and mercenary, that this is an acceptable situation? This Is a joke!!

When is Supporter free agency coming in?

Incredibly poor by north to lose greenwood. Karma is a bitch.
Lol - Karma for what???

We have lost 1 player since the Suns and FA started. No one has a better record than us - we have also brought in talent like NDS.

Karma saw ess choke on chicken and saw the Roos make a prelim. Karma is a bitch :)

Nicely done Pies, but a really bad result for North. Forcing out a well liked player is Melbournesque
Bit like when Woewoedin left...I can't believe North have lost this guy for Higgins and Waite..Higgins would be on good money to command a second round compo pick. Waite not so much hence no Compo, Now it seem the Pies are in the box seat and will offer a second round pick....

I'd be prepared to offer Ports pick 17 if we trade it for Ryder and steakknives..Maybe Port offload Impie or O'shea..

Think the bombers need to get in greenwoods ear, he really came of age this year..

Very poor management by North, throws a huge amount of pressure on Higgins and Waite to perform...

Didn't they think his second in the B&F deserved a better deal than $280,000....Get him Hirdy, offer him $450,000

Played some cracking footy in the finals as well..

Lol - Karma for what???

We have lost 1 player since the Suns and FA started. No one has a better record than us - we have also brought in talent like NDS.

Karma saw ess choke on chicken and saw the Roos make a prelim. Karma is a bitch :)
Well that replay will be fun to watch with greenwoods last good game for you, enjoy the chicken dinner winner,

Really hope Essendon have a dip at him, we have the cap space, offer him more,

He's out of contract correct and clearly not happy that Higgins is getting what he deserves,

I can see a few clubs target him in the Pre season draft given he can just walk...

North will have to accept a second rounder from the Pies or try to get him to Essendon for pick 17...

Brayshaw, too much footy show , took your eyes off the ball here...

Bit like when Woewoedin left...I can't believe North have lost this guy for Higgins and Waite..Higgins would be on good money to command a second round compo pick. Waite not so much hence no Compo, Now it seem the Pies are in the box seat and will offer a second round pick....

I'd be prepared to offer Ports pick 17 if we trade it for Ryder and steakknives..Maybe Port offload Impie or O'shea..

Think the bombers need to get in greenwoods ear, he really came of age this year..

Very poor management by North, throws a huge amount of pressure on Higgins and Waite to perform...

Didn't they think his second in the B&F deserved a better deal than $280,000....Get him Hirdy, offer him $450,000

Played some cracking footy in the finals as well..
Why would anyone want to go to the Bombers. They are in disarray. Many players wanting out, coach might not be there next week, and if he isnt the entire board will likely go too. Where do I sign up?

Why would anyone want to go to the Bombers. They are in disarray. Many players wanting out, coach might not be there next week, and if he isnt the entire board will likely go too. Where do I sign up?

If 17 is on the table, id be telling Levi to take a good look at the Dons, most reasonable offer ive seen for him yet.

Just because his value is less to us it doesn't mean that a club that is desperate for this type of player is in it's right to expect him for peanuts.

You want the moon for Beams but expect peanuts going the other way, sounds like typical club supporters.

I'd like to think that I'm a reasonable type who doesn't expect the moon for Beams - nor do I have unrealistic views of the value of our own players.

My comment was not about Greenwood’s trade value either. I was just pointing out that losing him will not be a critical loss for North.

There are a number of factors at play here

1. Collingwood clearly value Greenwood more than North given they are willing to pay him more (salary cap space has something to do with that too)

2. Beams is undeniably a better player than Greenwood, therefore his trade value will automatically be higher.

3. Greenwood is out of contract – Beams isn’t. That changes the whole dynamic. Yes Beams wants to leave but apart from the family aspect he’s got no contractual ability to depart.

4. Just because Beams has nominated Brisbane doesn’t mean we have to lower our expectations about his trade value. If anything we can put the pressure on Brisbane because they don’t want the chance to significantly upgrade their midfield. As I said in Point 3, we don’t have to trade him if we don’t want to.

5. On the flip side, North have a player who is out of contract and has decided to leave – the bargaining cards are against North. This is not the case with Beams.

6. And finally, this whole thing is about negotiating the best deal. Of course we’re going to ask for the moon. And of course we’ll try to give as little away for Greenwood. I would expect North to act the same way if the positions were reversed

Last edited:
I'd like to think that I'm a reasonable type who doesn't expect the moon for Beams - nor do I have unrealistic views of the value of our own players.

My comment was not about Greenwood’s trade value either. I was just pointing out that losing him will not be a critical loss for North.

There are a number of factors at play here

1. Collingwood clearly value Greenwood more than North given they are willing to pay him more (salary cap space has something to do with that too)

2. Beams is undeniably a better player than Greenwood, therefore his trade value will automatically be higher.

3. Greenwood is out of contract – Beams isn’t. That changes the whole dynamic. Yes Beams wants to leave but apart from the family aspect he’s got no contractual ability to depart.

4. Just because Beams has nominated Brisbane doesn’t mean we have to lower our expectations about his trade value. If anything we can put the pressure on Brisbane because they don’t want the chance to significantly upgrade their midfield. As I said in Point 3, we don’t have to trade him if we don’t want to.

5. On the flip side, North have a player who is out of contract and has decided to leave – the bargaining cards are against North. This is not the case with Beams.

6. And finally, this whole thing is about negotiating the best deal. Of course we’re going to ask for the moon. And of course we’ll try to give as little away for Greenwood. I would expect North to act the same way if the positions were reversed

The Beams trade now kinda turns on how much hard ball north want to play..... If I was them I would want brisbane's second rounder plus a 3 round swap.

The Beams trade now kinda turns on how much hard ball north want to play..... If I was them I would want brisbane's second rounder plus a 3 round swap.

Close to what most North supporters are asking.

Bis 2nd + Pies 2nd
for
Nths 3rd

or

Melb 2nd + Bris 2nd
for
Nths 2nd

All of it reliant on what the Pies get for Beams and PLG

Close to what most North supporters are asking.

Bis 2nd + Pies 2nd
for
Nths 3rd

or

Melb 2nd + Bris 2nd
for
Nths 2nd

All of it reliant on what the Pies get for Beams and PLG

Yeh both those some seem fair, especially with Levi getting a $$$ 4 year deal, would be hypocritical for pies to say that's overs with them crying foul about beams.... then again I do think they will get kinda screwed as lions wont give up a star.

My question for north supporters is how hard will you guys negotiate for the Levi trade, knowing the situation the pies are in??? I mean if you ask for whats above and the pies dont get it in, who else is interested in Levi and if its a crap club would he rather stay?

Yeh both those some seem fair, especially with Levi getting a $$$ 4 year deal, would be hypocritical for pies to say that's overs with them crying foul about beams.... then again I do think they will get kinda screwed as lions wont give up a star.

My question for north supporters is how hard will you guys negotiate for the Levi trade, knowing the situation the pies are in??? I mean if you ask for whats above and the pies dont get it in, who else is interested in Levi and if its a crap club would he rather stay?

Dogs 2nd in line with a bigger $$ shorter term offer apparently.

2 2nd round picks to play with right now, 2 picks before the Pies 2nd in the draft, PSD draft pick before the Pies.

If the Pies embarrass themselves with a poor offer, North will talk to Levi about the possibility of the Dogs again.

Port give up 17 and O'shea, Get Ryder
Bombers Give up Ryder, Get Greenwood and O'shea
North give up Greenwood, Get Pick 17.

I'd do this, Port get their man Bombers get a best 22 player in return plus steak knives, North get a good pick.

I'd do this, Port get their man Bombers get a best 22 player in return plus steak knives, North get a good pick.

Make it happen

this seems quite fair to a neutral observer. Screw the pies

Greenwood said he wants to go to Collingwood. how will North force him to go to the Bulldogs?

as Geoff Walsh said, it wont take a hell of a lot to make it happen with Collingwood.

If Melb give their second rounder for Harry then whoever is in charge of trading there needs to be fired.

an all australian, premiership player, 4th in this years bnf. second round is fair.

based on the offer from North to Greenwood and 70 odd games in 7(?) years he is a 3rd round pick.

Back