Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would have more to do with the fact that we let Collingwood enter the conversation with a deal far beyond his worth.

You can't really be too angry with Levi.
On a pay scale, you rate a bloke who was dropped from a bottom 5 team in season 2014 above a guy who nearly won your B&F.
In anyone's language you cocked things up.

Wants to play in big games? What games are bigger than finals? I cant wait for Cunnington to give him a big don't argue and put him flat on his ass like he did to Varcoe earlier this year.

You are easily amused if your waiting 6 months for a fend off. Personally i cant wait for the North bubble to burst. North are seriously overating thier list by topping up with Waite and Higgins and tried and failed to get Cooney. You and Richmond are a pigeon pair for delusion. You should have been beaten in the first final against Essendon and the bloke who pretty much got you over the line wont be playing for you again. You then get an injury depleted Geelong and nearly lost that with what amounted to 12 minutes of football by the Cats. You then embarrassed yourself in the worst display in an Prelim final for many years. Further the dream draw you had this year can not be repeated. Overate your list and it is Richmond all over again.

Don't be angry at Levi for leaving.
Your own club signing Higgins to a contract of $400 k per year for 4 years forced a loyal North man out the door.
Higgins did NOT force Greenwood out! 1 decent year out of 7 doesnt demand a long term, decent coin deal!

Higgins did NOT force Greenwood out! 1 decent year out of 7 doesnt demand a long term, decent coin deal!

Just because Geoff Walsh said so doesn't make it concrete.
We've put up with Geoff's 'white lies' longer than you have.
Signing Higgins opened the door to Greenwood leaving.
Giving 4 year deals to a player who was dropped from a bottom 5 team in 2014 is shocking list management however you try to spin it.

He had a good year. We have plenty of his type. He will be good for the pies and they got him at a good price. I don't think anyone is bitter.

Yes he finished 3rd in our B&F but there are at least 10 players I would have in front of him at our club. Melksham finished 5th last year in Essendons B&F after having 1 good year - he ended up at VFL level this year. Greenwood is solid and will perform a good role for the pies. I for one have no ill feeling towards him.

Just because Geoff Walsh said so doesn't make it concrete.
We've put up with Geoff's 'white lies' longer than you have.
Signing Higgins opened the door to Greenwood leaving.
Giving 4 year deals to a player who was dropped from a bottom 5 team in 2014 is shocking list management however you try to spin it.
We are the last club that should be knocked for list management. Greenwood is the only player we have lost since the expansion teams and free agency. No team has a better strike rate than North Melbourne at keeping its list together. It's the big reason we are now top 4. Greenwood is a win for the pies - but they need him more than us. Especially since beams has walked.

Not sure what happened before dlanod cleaned up but this thread should be harmless.

We are the last club that should be knocked for list management. Greenwood is the only player we have lost since the expansion teams and free agency. No team has a better strike rate than North Melbourne at keeping its list together.

You've kept your list together because you have played 2 finals series in 6 years.
I wouldn't call David Hale & Josh Gibson as good examples of list management.
Both have gone on to become dual premiership players, one was B&F in a premiership year.
And thanks for this guy.
1398046549757.jpg

You've kept your list together because you have played 2 finals series in 6 years.
Both have gone on to become dual premiership players, one was B&F in a premiership year.
Before expansion and FA. Other teams that struggled lost a lot more. Not only did we keep our list together but brought in great talent like NDS. Greenwood will get his time in the middle in a weaker mid field. He is not at beams level so the impact is reduced. We lost a little - the Pies lost a lot.

True but Many People have said he was the Reason why North beat the Bombers in the Finals. That would get lot of Teams Excited

Gibson left 4 years ago and Hale jumped before he was pushed. Not the strongest examples to pick if you wanted to have a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood said North only offered him a one year deal.
They literally spat in his face.

He said North only upped their offer by 1 year after the initial offer.
You spat in his face.
We offered him 3. He has battled for years had 1 good year and someone offered him 4 years and more money. We were not as desperate to keep him as you were desperate to have him.

From the 4th best team to the 11th. Some play for money - some success.

He had a good year. We have plenty of his type. He will be good for the pies and they got him at a good price. I don't think anyone is bitter.

Yes he finished 3rd in our B&F but there are at least 10 players I would have in front of him at our club. Melksham finished 5th last year in Essendons B&F after having 1 good year - he ended up at VFL level this year. Greenwood is solid and will perform a good role for the pies. I for one have no ill feeling towards him.

Just on these comments I recognise you have similar inside types - swallow, cunnington, Ziebell although he in my view has still not convinced he is a fully fledged mid - think his tank is still an issue and has games where he doesn't get a lot if the ball.

However, irrespective wasn't greenwood north's best run with player in 2014? Is there anyone else you can at the role to that level?

Just on these comments I recognise you have similar inside types - swallow, cunnington, Ziebell although he in my view has still not convinced he is a fully fledged mid - think his tank is still an issue and has games where he doesn't get a lot if the ball.

However, irrespective wasn't greenwood north's best run with player in 2014? Is there anyone else you can at the role to that level?
Hine is our other tagged but Scott is not big on lock down players. He likes to go head to head and back our mids.

Agree on JZ - he looks like a natural forward that can be used in bursts in the middle.

True but Many People have said he was the Reason why North beat the Bombers in the Finals. That would get lot of Teams Excited
Had a great Saturday - cox plate and bombers final replay.

In 97 we finished 7th and Cats 2nd. We played in a final and Carey kicked 7 in the wet. He was the reason we won the final.

Greenwood was good but he did not win the final. A lot of mayo on anyone that made that call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back