Lewis Johnston Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

We on-traded those picks for Tommy Walsh!

On Lewis, he always had the talent and showed some freakish skills in the reserves, but you always got the feeling he was just cruising by on his natural ability and not enough hard work was put in when required. Not sure we should be regretting anything based on his Adelaide career so far. He kicked a bucketload of goals in the SANFL last year but couldn't break into their side behind Walker, Tippett and Lynch.

So his Problem is upstairs

Who's that guy who played for Collingwood to was great one season, rubbish the rest, went to Freo, was permanently rubbish and was delisted?

So far LJ has played 1 decent game. Whooptidoo. There's a tonne of players who have come out as one-hit-wonders, had amazing first games and what not and disappeared to be never seen or heard from again.

I still don't understand how people think we lost out on this trade. We gained a reliable although not dependable defender, with a couple of years of work could become dependable, and Adelaide gained an injury prone forward who's played two games in two seasons... ??

Ed "Cheese" Barlow anyone?

So his Problem is upstairs
Jack Anthony. That's my angle anyway, but LJ has played 4 games, so I really can't understand why Swans supporters are up in arms after he kicks 4 goals. I'd be up in arms about Tippet kicking 6, * Lewis whats-his-name. Tbh I was up in arms - up with my arms pointed at the sky jumping out of my seat after he pinged his 6th.

Yeah when you get a player for nothing simply by being a pack of pricks its a great feeling.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You call offering more than Adelaide's illegal stipulation being a pack of pricks? You think pick 25 or ~30 would be better than 22?
That isnt even the half of it. Sydney refused to trade pick 22 alone and demanded that we also take Jessie White as they would have problems fitting Tippet into their cap and wanted us to suffer Whites 300,000 salery on our cap as well. Sydney lost its fair trader tag well and truely over that. The only reason Tippet is at Sydney is you offered more money than the crows, Brisbane and the Suns. Both Brisbane and the Suns thought they had him this year as he gave them an undertaking he wanted to join them.

That isnt even the half of it. Sydney refused to trade pick 22 alone and demanded that we also take Jessie White as they would have problems fitting Tippet into their cap and wanted us to suffer Whites 300,000 salery on our cap as well. Sydney lost its fair trader tag well and truely over that. The only reason Tippet is at Sydney is you offered more money than the crows, Brisbane and the Suns. Both Brisbane and the Suns thought they had him this year as he gave them an undertaking he wanted to join them.

Considering White's form this year I'd suggest we offered you overs throwing in Pick 22 trying to get the deal done. By the way how's the alternate deal you negotiated working out for you?

You were at all the trade discussions, I take it.

Trade negotiations were never taken through to their logical conclusion due to the AFL stepping in once Trigg returned from leave and "confessed".

As to having troubles fitting in White and Tippett into the salary cap, both players are on the Swans' list this year and, to the best of anyone's knowledge, there are no salary cap issues.

The reason Tippett is no longer at the Crows is that he didn't want to live in Adelaide any more. His reasons for that decision are his own but Crows fans really shouldn't take it so personally. I can imagine many footballers don't particularly like the intense media obsession with their club that comes from the Perth and Adelaide media, in particular.

His reasons for choosing Sydney over one of the Queensland teams are his to know too. Sure, money probably played some part, as did a preference for joining a team currently competing for flags, rather than teams who will in the near future (the Suns) or might at some point in the future (the Lions).

Yeah thats 100% right, Tippett just had to be part of the famous bloods culture lol. I think you give Tippett way too much crefit. He can play football but he is as dumb as a box of rocks. One of the reasons he gave was that he wanted to play under someone taller than 5 foot 10. And just for your info, his management asked Adelaide to match the swanettes but we couldnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah thats 100% right, Tippett just had to be part of the famous bloods culture lol. I think you give Tippett way too much crefit. He can play football but he is as dumb as a box of rocks. One of the reasons he gave was that he wanted to play under someone taller than 5 foot 10. And just for your info, his management asked Adelaide to match the swanettes but we couldnt.

I never said anything about the Bloods culture, merely that we are currently legitimate challengers for the premiership (which is self evident from ladder position and the fact we won last year) while the Suns and Lions aren't, not this year and probably not next.

I never said anything about the Bloods culture, merely that we are currently legitimate challengers for the premiership (which is self evident from ladder position and the fact we won last year) while the Suns and Lions aren't, not this year and probably not next.
No argument that you are in a premiership window however one thing I can guarentee you about the Tippetts, its all about the money. Kurt is a good player and will improve your forward line no end.

Haven't you guys sooked about this enough? 1200 pages of s**t on your board he didn't kill anyone get over it!

Don't we like have 5 Kurt Tippett Threads around here for that argument. LJ trade discussion in this one please.

Sadly for Kurt that was infact a serious comment by him. Box of rocks my friend, box of rocks.

.shotties. statement at 9.17 AEST is in fact looking good considering it seems your own lack of reading ability. When I said LJ trade discussion for this thread and Tipett discussion elsewhere it was not a request. Find the right thread or move on.

Basically we got Tony Armstrong and Tommy Walsh for Lewis Johnston which was definitely unbalanced as LJ is a very promising player, however it didn't seem like he wanted to be part of the Swans so what's the point of having him?

Especially when you look at the big picture, we got KT from Crows for nothing so i'm not too worried about the LJ trade for now...

Apologies for the salty crows flog invasion. I'm really not sure Lewis will make it at the Crows though, and its a shame Armstrong could never kick off his career. Bit of a nothing trade for both clubs IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back