List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually it says something about pre season training etc if you may be re-listed by the club. Maybe that decision hasn't been made yet but I agree doesn't look positive.
They usually specifically mention that they'll take them if they are available at our picks etc. Also that they have permission to train and things like that.

Sounds to me like the opposite.

Agreed, particularly after reading this:

“The personal development program included guidelines and protocols that Josh was required to strictly adhere to. Unfortunately, Josh was not able to consistently fulfil those requirements since undertaking the program in June.

“Josh’s inability to consistently fulfil those requirements and, over a period of time, achieve the personal and professional levels required by the club to succeed as a player at the elite level, has resulted in the very difficult decision to delist him.

Agreed, particularly after reading this:

“The personal development program included guidelines and protocols that Josh was required to strictly adhere to. Unfortunately, Josh was not able to consistently fulfil those requirements since undertaking the program in June.

“Josh’s inability to consistently fulfil those requirements and, over a period of time, achieve the personal and professional levels required by the club to succeed as a player at the elite level, has resulted in the very difficult decision to delist him.
That's fair enough then, if he was given the opportunity and he didn't take it.

They usually specifically mention that they'll take them if they are available at our picks etc. Also that they have permission to train and things like that.
I seem to remember the club offering Crichton the opportunity to train with us straight away after he was delisted the first time. May be wrong though as I'm going off pure memory. Promises to retake the player usually happen within a week of the draft.

Dale Miller ‏@miller_dj 11m11 minutes ago
Dockers will have to pay out the final year of his contract. Was contracted for 2015. Three spots now open on primary list for drafting

I'm going of this and have heard it elsewhere before.
It also appears in an article in the Wesr written by

Dale Miller.

All draft selections sign a two year contract on AFL approved amounts. There has been no mention anywhere of Simpson having had a contract extension. I would never put my money on an article in the West

Dale Miller.

All draft selections sign a two year contract on AFL approved amounts. There has been no mention anywhere of Simpson having had a contract extension. I would never put my money on an article in the West

A lot of players have an option to sign for three years on their initial contract at an AFL club.

Players need more than just talent to succeed in Pro sport or anything for that matter.

For every capable AFL player there are dozens who did not have the ambition, right attitude or just could'nt be bothered.

So that leaves us with 3 picks in the ND and 2 in the RD - right? ( plus S Hurley on foriegn scholarship )

Dale Miller.

Dale just responded to my tweet and his source on the 2015 contract was Josh's manager. Good enough sauce for me, Simpson got a pay out then.

Dale just responded to my tweet and his source on the 2015 contract was Josh's manager. Good enough sauce for me, Simpson got a pay out then.

See that annoys me. Surely he has broke the terms of his contract with the club and shouldn't receive a payout. I know that's not how it seems to work but he shouldn't be entitled to his full pay the way coaches who are sacked are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players need more than just talent to succeed in Pro sport or anything for that matter.

For every capable AFL player there are dozens who did not have the ambition, right attitude or just could'nt be bothered.

So that leaves us with 3 picks in the ND and 2 in the RD - right? ( plus S Hurley on foriegn scholarship )
We can have up to 6 rookies on the list. We may go with 3 in the ND and 3 in the RD

See that annoys me. Surely he has broke the terms of his contract with the club and shouldn't receive a payout. I know that's not how it seems to work but he shouldn't be entitled to his full pay the way coaches who are sacked are.
He got fined by the club (although a small amount in comparison) so it went both ways.

What a waste of talent, not to mention yet another of our first round draft picks :(

Yeah exactly. We'd have won the premiership by now if we had hit on 2 of our more recent first round picks (Pitt, Morabito, Sheridan, Simpson)

Pitt was no good. Sheridan is 50/50.

Mora + Simpson though should have saved our drafting. It was just bad luck that intervened.

Did you ask him about Duffy, that one intrigues me too. Though if we don't hear anything from here, I guess we can assume the rumoured/reported 1 year extension was a reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back