List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right, a year older than Fyfe.

Trading for him, in my mind, heavily diminishes his value.

I don't see how. Assuming we trade a mid, which we have a surplus of.

But I think GC would ask for Zac Clarke.

I don't see how. Assuming we trade a mid, which we have a surplus of.

But I think GC would ask for Zac Clarke.
In my opinion, should we need to trade for a key forward, if we go for the one with five years less in his career we may as well find that little more for a trade to get the younger player.

In my opinion, should we need to trade for a key forward, if we go for the one with five years less in his career we may as well find that little more for a trade to get the younger player.

The younger players are not on the market though.

I agree I'd much rather have McCarthy, Hogan or Cameron. But they aren't on the table, whereas Dixon is.

The younger players are not on the market though.

I agree I'd much rather have McCarthy, Hogan or Cameron. But they aren't on the table, whereas Dixon is.
Boyd wasn't "on the market" either.

Everyone has their price and Dixon is right in the middle, free agent money for a guy who is a free agent next season end but added in the price of a trade, for four/five years less service to the club assuming he doesn't run home after his contract is up.

If it's not a consideration then let's get the younger player who will end up better.

:)

The price is not an issue. I think we'd pay any price (except Fyfe) for Hogan or McCarthy. But they are not for sale. And we don't have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years until they are. We need a key forward now.

The price is not an issue. I think we'd pay any price (except Fyfe) for Hogan or McCarthy. But they are not for sale. And we don't have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years until they are. We need a key forward now.

I agree. Lovely to dream about McCarthy but he's not available. A good crack at Dixon (including a frank private chat about our expectations for him) is appropriate at this stage. He's good to go and his best 5 years of footy is in front of him.

Dixon is very overrated on here.

Agree. I've not seen anything to make me think he is worth anywhere in the region of what he would cost both trade wise and contract wise.

Pavlich - http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-07-08/pavlich-to-play-on
McPharlin - http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-10-14/mcpharlin-signs-oneyear-deal
Duffield - http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-02-28/duffield-signs-contract-extension
Morabito - http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-08-21/morabito-signs-contract-extension
Duffy - https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/25001136/de-boer-weighs-up-dockers-pay-cut/
Crowley
Sheridan
Clarke
Crozier
Taberner
Apeness
Grey
A.Pearce

Rookies

Moller - 3rd yr
Vandeleur - 2nd yr
Ballard - 2nd yr
Smith - 1st yr
Hughes - 1st yr
Hurley -

Still to be signed up or gone, bye this week give us something to discuss. For what it's worth I think Alex P is signed already what do you all think.

Dixon is very overrated on here.

He can play. It's not footy skills that have held him back, but a poor development environment and some commitment issues. Both would be fixed at Freo. Not suggesting we throw the kitchen sink at him, just that we get involved in the contest. As a north Queensland boy I think the idea of living in Perth might appeal to him.

Offer Dixon 2 years with a whole stack of clauses. We can't be players superannuation funds anymore.

He is young, knows the system and should be a reasonable target in our forward line.

At 24-25 he is good to go with potentially his best football ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer Dixon 2 years with a whole stack of clauses. We can't be players superannuation funds anymore.

You realise we are not the only club in the league and any manager would tell any club that only offered 2 years to * right off.

You realise we are not the only club in the league and any manager would tell any club that only offered 2 years to **** right off.

Oh I didn't realise. With all the contracts we have offered Cloke, Riewoldt, Franklin, Clark, Taylor, Frawley I didn't think taking this route would be harmful.

You offer this bloke 3 years on big money then you have yourself a problem.

Go large for 2 years or medium for 3. This guy ain't in the league of others we have gone for and think we have a bit more sense then to offer BIG money to BIG SPUDS.

Everyone talks about our lack of a KPF. I say put Fyfe there and get some more mids into the team.

The answer should always start and end with Fyfe.

I would offer him about 2 mill over 4 years. Freo offered just over 2 for 4 years for Mitch Clarke and they are a bit comparable IMO

If you think he's a spud then why make an offer at all?

Nobody would change clubs on a 2 year contract.

If you think he's a spud then why make an offer at all?

Nobody would change clubs on a 2 year contract.

Not a spud, but not worth throwing serious coin at. At the end of the day when Pav retires I can't imagine Taberner and Apeness demanding too much attention.

Doesn't seem like the calibre we should go after either.

I say target WA boys.

No, but Fyfe will make an awesome FF

Fyfe to FF works for a few reasons. It's novel and often catches the opposition out before adjustments can be made, and as such he is often paired against a midfield or HBF opponent rather than a genuine KPD. Or he gets the 2nd/3rd tall when Pav moves up a bit. Permanently moving him there, or doing it for long periods of time when Pav goes, would mean you're matching him up against guys like Rance, Hurley, Hooker, Carlisle, McKenzie, Taylor and co. As good as his hands are, and as strong as he is for his weight, I just don't see that being a viable option, over the long term. Ditto for Dangerfield. And that's not getting in to the robbing Peter to pay Paul argument.

It's fine to say it won't matter because we'd win every clearance, but that just wont happen. The Eagles didn't win anywhere near every clearance when it was Cox in his prime tapping it to Judd, Cousins and Kerr. Ditto Geelong with Ablett, Bartel and Johnson. You just don't get the level of dominance, and as we've seen is even more critical - clean delivery, that would enable you to forgo a genuine KPF sized target.

KPDs wouldn't beat Fyfe 1 on 1, just because they're taller than him. He'd out mark them AND tear them to shreds when it hit the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back