List Mgmt. List management thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swanny could kick 40-50 goals a year playing as a forward pocket. We still need him in the middle this year, but I think in 2015, there'll be a real changing of the guard and he will be pegged as a forward pocket who will go to centre bounces only if the team needs a lift.

And Ben Kennedy has potential too. He will be a really well rounded player as a forward pocket/mid. Like Elliott, he will excel defensively and offensively. However unlike Elliott, Kennedy will get most of his goals playing as a crummer. That's what he was recruited for. To take over from Krakouer.

What we need is experienced medium defenders that are great 1v1, composed under pressure, provide plenty of dash and/or have decent skills, along with a third tall capable of playing tall/small with the same skillset. Essentially, if we could clone Corey Enright or Ben Stratton 2-3 times, we'd be okay.

There's a lot of talk about how 2010 saw a lot of new players emerge, but our backline was hardened, experienced and a gamestyle that suited them - Toovey, Maxwell, Johnson, Shaw and Lumumba. We aren't winning a premiership unless we can settle our backline in a similar fashion. The pieces are coming into place, but we aren't ready yet.

Our success will be heavily contingent on how Oxley, Langdon, Scharenberg and Ramsay will turn out IMO. For this purpose, I think Young was an astute pick up. I guess you can put Seedsman in that bracket, but it'd be a waste to play him off the HBF when he could be a devastating wingman.

If we are going fishing for players, Frawley is the only one I want.

Last edited:
Why don't you suggest better options. And how is suggesting we go for a 91 gamer that has proven he can play being a troll?

Will Hoskin-Elliott, Kieran Harper, Dereck Wangerneen, Jordan Schroder, Ahmed Saad (once he's served his suspension), Hayden Crozier, Alex Sexton and Harry Cunningham. All are younger, have more upside, aren't proven spuds and are available at the right price. Hoskin-Elliott is the only one with high currency.

There's also the likes of Blease and Lucas who are of a similar category of spudedness, but in worse development systems than Essendon's.

That's without mentioning the likes of Martin and Mooney who provide better value and are already on our list!

Will Hoskin-Elliott, Kieran Harper, Dereck Wangerneen, Jordan Schroder, Ahmed Saad (once he's served his suspension), Hayden Crozier, Alex Sexton and Harry Cunningham. All are younger, have more upside, aren't proven spuds and are available at the right price. Hoskin-Elliott is the only one with high currency.

There's also the likes of Blease and Lucas who are of a similar category of spudedness, but in worse development systems than Essendon's.

That's without mentioning the likes of Martin and Mooney who provide better value and are already on our list!

Leroy Jetta is not a spud he has just had one bad season.

In 7 years of AFL football, Leroy Jetta's highest goal tally in a season is 27 from 23 games.

Jamie Elliott's second year at AFL level produced 30 goals from 20 games.

He has a goal average comparable to Blair, but lower on just about every other stat and can't run in the midfield or play defensively like Blair can.

Lindsay Thomas with none of the talent. Leroy is a diving spud.

Last edited:
In 7 years of AFL football, Leroy Jetta's highest goal tally in a season is 27 from 23 games.

Jamie Elliott's second year at AFL level produced 30 goals from 20 games.

Leroy is a diving spud.

Leroy is much better than Jamie defensively. Goal tallies aren't everything. Leroy also gives out more goal assists.

Leroy is much better than Jamie defensively. Goal tallies aren't everything. Leroy also gives out more goal assists.

Career averages.

Elliott: 3.43 (tackles) and .54 (assists)

Jetta: 3.34 and .78

He's been shown up by a guy with 30 games to his name...

Career averages.

Elliott: 3.43 (tackles) and .54 (assists)

Jetta: 3.34 and .78

He's been shown up by a guy with 30 games to his name...

In the stats but if you actually watch them both play Leroy pressure is better.

In the stats but if you actually watch them both play Leroy pressure is better.

Let's take a different path to the discussion then considering you don't have any interest in facts.

The whole concept of list management is to improve your list and improve on areas you're deficient in. With that being said we'll be generous and say that Jetta breaks even with a guy with 2 seasons under his belt who lacks consistency.

From there you need to ask how does Jetta improve us? What can we get out of him that Essendon haven't? Who does he displace in our best 22? How does he fit into Hine's recruitment model? He can't go through the midfield, he's not a leader, his skills are middle of the road, he has pace that he doesn't use to break the lines, he's not a goalkicker, he's soft and also lacks consistency.

The five posters that have disagreed with you must be missing something. It's the only answer that makes sense.

Let's take a different path to the dissussion then considering you don't have any interest in facts.

The whole concept of list management is to improve your list and improve on areas you're deficient in. With that being said we'll be generous and say that Jetta breaks even with a guy with 2 seasons under his belt who lacks consistency.

From there you need to ask how does Jetta improve us? What can we get out of him that Essendon haven't? Who does he displace in our best 22? How does he fit into Hine's recruitment model? He can't go through the midfield, he's not a leader, his skills are middle of the road, he has pace that he doesn't use to break the lines, he's not a goalkicker, he's soft and also lacks consistency.

The five posters that have disagreed with you must be missing something. It's the only answer that makes sense.

If you read my earlier post I said it was worth a shot. We don't have the best small forwards or much depth there either. I never stated he would be a walk up start to our best 22. I also don't think he is better than Elliot i just think his pressure is.

Are there any better options out there than Leroy Jetta that are experienced and might look like coming to Collingwood?
Not Sure at the moment. I would not mind us getting Jetta as a Free Agent

Not Sure at the moment. I would not mind us getting Jetta as a Free Agent

I don't think there are too many small forward free agents. We could try get a trade but I'm not sure how that would work out.

If you read my earlier post I said it was worth a shot. We don't have the best small forwards or much depth there either. I never stated he would be a walk up start to our best 22. I also don't think he is better than Elliot i just think his pressure is.

I'm not disputing that you said that he's worth a shot. What is in dispute is whether that's accurate. I and a number of other posters don't believe so.

Recruiting players not in your best 22 doesn't make any sense to me because you just start a cycle of recruiting blokes, keeping them for a year and then turning them over. Ultimately that doesn't improve your list.

I find it hard to agree when Elliott holds the league record for most tackles I50 in a match. It must be a gut feel thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn, Spencer, Fitzpatrick we should try and pinch one of these Ruckman off of Melbourne.

What about John O'Rouke from GWS. Pick 2 in the 2012 Draft but only played 1 game.

Might be worth looking at

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/jonathan-orourke
Medium defender, good in traffic, good skills, speed and endurance.
Definitely worth a go, will be looking for an opportunity if GWS dont give him one. Jaksch, Plowman and Tomlinson are others that may want to leave for opportunity, particularly Plowman and Tomlinson for the 3rd tall option for both ends of the ground.

Fitzpatrick is the 1 I would want out of those 3

Same, but Gawn has shown he can kick goals in a Melbourne forward line and if we got Spencer he could do the main bit out of the ruck and teach we could develop Grundy into a forward.

workaholics-no.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back