List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobbe won't be traded, so all that talk is ridiculous.
Even if he was, he'd be worth an early 20s pick by himself. Possibly even late teens if the club was in desperate need of a ruck.
People forget how seriously good he was across late 2013/2014.
Hampson went for pick 28 or something, lobbe has to be worth a pick in the teens considering that.

With respect, it was Richmond who traded for him. We know how well they do that.
I'm on the fence with the lobbe trade as it is and I struggle to see a club that needs/wants him either. But if we were to trade him I couldn't see it for being less than pick 18 and steak knives.

I've come to the conclusion that even if we get Dixon, if we lose Schulz we will definitely need Butcher still on the list just to play the role he's playing now for when Dixon is injured as we can't expect Ryder and Westhoff to play as an out-in-out FF. It doesn't matter if Shaw, Harvey, Austin go past him in the pecking order by next season we will need him just as insurance and to keep the fascinating Butch journey going. 6 Weeks ago I thought he was gone for all money but the last few weeks his job just to take a defender and present or give a contest without Schulz has been enough to keep him on and get a new contract of not much for insurance. I would probably do the same for Redden, keep him on the senior list one more year as insurance until we know what is happening with Ryder and because we will have enough list changes this year then we can probably Delist and/or Rookie list both of them depending on need by the end of next year. That way we've already made an easy 2 list changes out of the compulsory 3 and can see if we can use the rookie list for next year for hopefully a few gems that are from outside the existing list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevie J looks like he is on the market. I wonder if Kenny will show any interest. If he wanted basic sort of salary $200-$300k I'd seriously consider taking him especially if we lose Schulz and either Butcher or Harvey or Shaw gets a long opportunity next year. His experience would be useful and it would be a freak show in the forward line with Wingard on the right side and Stevie on the left side.

Stevie J looks like he is on the market. I wonder if Kenny will show any interest. If he wanted basic sort of salary $200-$300k I'd seriously consider taking him especially if we lose Schulz and either Butcher or Harvey or Shaw gets a long opportunity next year. His experience would be useful and it would be a freak show in the forward line with Wingard on the right side and Stevie on the left side.
Nah not with his attitude. Besides he wouldn't relocate here.

Well he has had a 20 and 1.5 season ;)

Realistically you would only consider it if you thought he was the missing link to a flag otherwise you're just standing in the way of developing a player.

I reckon he's a footballers footballer and don't have any real concerns with him in general other than the odd brain snap. There is a perception that the game is going past him in the media - haven't watched many games to tell though.

How many years would you give him? His numbers are still high quality and he still pulls of the miraculous shots. My only problem is him keeping put developing players like amon and neede.

I would entertain this for sure. Kenny is the key and can make the call.

How many years would you give him? His numbers are still high quality and he still pulls of the miraculous shots. My only problem is him keeping put developing players like amon and neede.
1 year at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back