List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

If we have flagged Dixon, wines and wingard as our goals this trade period, does that mean that we are expecting to have them signed up this year?

The club have been bloody good/crafty with the way they manage the social media, and creating slight expectations of imminent news would be an awesome way to start the frenzy...

Of course, we may have let the work experience kid loose on the Facebook page.

The way the club works I'm expecting one if not both of Chad and Ollie signed up around the best and fairest and announced that night. Rucci wrote as much about Chad a few weeks ago and that's what I'm expecting with those 2. That's just my opinion on it haven't heard anything just gauging it with how the club works with these things.

Monfries is at an interesting point contract wise. Would probably not be on huge money next year due to the alledgedly front ended nature of his contract and will be 30 in 2017 so it may only be 1 year offers from then on from Port.

Is on the fringe of the 22 at Port now and wont be getting big $$$ from us anymore if he stays. If GWS had put a 3 year deal to him on decent money he may have to look at it from a financial point of view, it could be a big difference in what money he is able to make in the last few years of his career.

We front-loaded his contract then?

pretty sure that was the word at the time. Was getting big coin in the first two years and not much (~$250k) in the last two.

I could be very wrong though.

The way the club works I'm expecting one if not both of Chad and Ollie signed up around the best and fairest and announced that night. Rucci wrote as much about Chad a few weeks ago and that's what I'm expecting with those 2. That's just my opinion on it haven't heard anything just gauging it with how the club works with these things.

It would certainly be a great way to make the night a hit after a generally shitty year.

Wikipedia is quick

Jacob Ballard is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Fremantle Football Club in the Australian Football League.

jacobballard.jpg

Is a pretty good midfielder at WAFL level but doesn't really have the tricks required to make the next step.

We hopefully can keep this pritty simple Dixon for 10 and maybe next years second, Moore for Tompus , young for Kennedy and GTFO by Tuesday.

Leaving our neighbours with sweet FA.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ashcroft has said they will facilitate a move for Gorridge to SA. With WADA hanging over Ryder and Redden gone, is he worth a rookie or basic contract? I know he and his father made some pretty crap comments about the club but as a rookie he would be given an opportunity to show some maturity in the same way we took a punt on the Krak.

So Ashcroft has said they will facilitate a move for Gorridge to SA. With WADA hanging over Ryder and Redden gone, is he worth a rookie or basic contract? I know he and his father made some pretty crap comments about the club but as a rookie he would be given an opportunity to show some maturity in the same way we took a punt on the Krak.

It'd be worth it to see him eat humble pie...

That has the potential to get messy if Brisbane threatened to redraft him. Players Association may have a say there?

They wont able to re draft him ... as he will go through the main draft - not the pre season draft (as Collingwood have pick 7) ... he will force Carlton with pick 1 and Brissy with pick 2 to either draft Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD) - Carlton & Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF) - long term 7yrs+ or him Short term (1yr)...

and seeing how Collingwood have pick 7 their is a good chance he will walk all the way to them ...

Brissy's best play is trade him (for a lot of high picks as picks are very important in this draft and future drafts) and then use the picks under the new bidding rules to get the 2 U18 All Australian players who are in their academy. (these 2 picks would be worth between 2400 points and 1800 points (their 1st pick would be used already). Brissy's 2nd pick would be worth about 800points and their other picks would be worth less than that

the U18 All Australians in the brissy academy that they want (along with 199cm – KPF Joshua Schache) with is -

Ben Keays (QLD – BRISBANE ACADEMY – MID/FWD)
Height: 185cm, Weight: 82.3kg, DOB: 23/02/1997
Recruited from: Brisbane Lions
Range: 1st round
Profile: Strong marking, goalkicking midfielder.

and

Eric Hipwood (QLD – BRISBANE ACADEMY - KPP)
Height: 200cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 13/09/1997
Recruited from: Caloundra
Range: 1st – 2nd round
Profile: Rapidly developing key position prospect.

I'll have to back whatever the club goes with here, but he isn't up high on my Wishlist ....

Having said that the rookie list isn't a big risk. Would depend on gorrys attitude as much as his ability...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back