Are you satisfied with your club's dealings over the January window? :?:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We were talking about this in the Liverpool thread. Of the last 19 shots on goal that he has faced, 12 (63%) have ended up in the back of the net.

In 21 of the 27 games where we have conceded this season, the opposition have scored with their very first shot of the game.

Think of the implications of these 2 stats. We might as well just cut to the chase and start every game 1 goal down. He has been appallingly bad.

A typical performance from us this season has entailed each of the following:
- Control the game
- Pepper the opposition's goal
- Don't capitalize on any those chances due to poor finishing and decision making in the final third
- Opposition break down the other end and sucker punch us with their first foray forward and shot of the game

Inefficient in the league coupled with a good run in the cups, it's eerily reminiscent of our 2011/12 season under Dalglish.

Another versatile, goalscoring attacker and a new goalkeeper have to be our #1 & #2 priorities in the summer.
liverpool arent even close to dominating every game and peppering the oppositions goal. Can think of many games this season (especially away) where the reality of your statements is exactly the opposite.

Sturridge, Coutinho & Origi available for selection against West Ham on Tuesday.

If Coutinho & Sturridge take the field, it could be the first time that we've had (in my opinion) our best front 3/4 on the pitch at the same time all season.
I read somewhere that Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge havent been on the pitch together at the same time all season. :thumbsu:

Bebe 1 gerrard 0.
I hope Bebe writes an autobiography. I'd love to hear all about what happened with him from his perspective. It's like he won a competition to train with Man United and play in a couple of games here and there. The whole thing was a joke and I wonder if he knew it the whole time. Like... what the * am I doing here haha.

Would be a cracking read.

I hope Bebe writes an autobiography. I'd love to hear all about what happened with him from his perspective. It's like he won a competition to train with Man United and play in a couple of games here and there. The whole thing was a joke and I wonder if he knew it the whole time. Like... what the **** am I doing here haha.

Would be a cracking read.
I actually cannot wait til the season under moyes gets book treatment. Would be the dammned united 2

No it's 200 tickets in 6 games in the new main stand. So a total of 1,200 tickets will be priced at 77 quid for the entire season.

Liverpool fans are losing their minds and I really dont think any of them have even read the full tickets proposal.

Protesting is a pretty serious thing to do, as if they'd do it on a whim.

It's easy for you on the other side of the world to suggest what they're doing is wrong or misguided but I dare say they have a better understanding of it than you or I considering it actually effects them directly.

Protesting is a pretty serious thing to do, as if they'd do it on a whim.

It's easy for you on the other side of the world to suggest what they're doing is wrong or misguided but I dare say they have a better understanding of it than you or I considering it actually effects them directly.
Not sure you can have a better understanding of it than the next person. You read the new proposal for ticket prices. Then we all have the same understanding of it.

If they had a great understanding of it, why is the big sticking point the 77 quid when those tickets are only so few throughout the season. It's all a bit bizarre.

Not sure you can have a better understanding of it than the next person. You read the new proposal for ticket prices. Then we all have the same understanding of it.

If they had a great understanding of it, why is the big sticking point the 77 quid when those tickets are only so few throughout the season. It's all a bit bizarre.

I don't think that is the sticking point, it's just one aspect.

To be fair if the only thing you've read about it is from the club's side then you can't really have a full understanding of it can you? Because they're obviously going to put a positive spin on things and ignore other things (like the fact that they're making an extra 2 million pounds from fans this time round).

Season tickets have gone up, tickets in different areas of the ground (not just corporate) have gone up or froze and they were already too expensive.

I haven't fully immersed myself in it because it doesn't effect me, but these are die hard fans that go home and away every week and have done for years, if they feel that the club is fleecing them and that something has to be done then who am I to argue?

We were talking about this in the Liverpool thread. Of the last 19 shots on goal that he has faced, 12 (63%) have ended up in the back of the net.

In 21 of the 27 games where we have conceded this season, the opposition have scored with their very first shot of the game.

Think of the implications of these 2 stats. We might as well just cut to the chase and start every game 1 goal down. He has been appallingly bad.

A typical performance from us this season has entailed each of the following:
- Control the game
- Pepper the opposition's goal
- Don't capitalize on any those chances due to poor finishing and decision making in the final third
- Opposition break down the other end and sucker punch us with their first foray forward and shot of the game

Inefficient in the league coupled with a good run in the cups, it's eerily reminiscent of our 2011/12 season under Dalglish.

Another versatile, goalscoring attacker and a new goalkeeper have to be our #1 & #2 priorities in the summer.

Sorry mate but that's just not true.

That team you're talking about genuinely did dominate a lot of games and did not get what it deserved.

This team has been nowhere near dominant in most games. I can't think of too many games in which we have "peppered" the opposition's goal.

This is a very ordinary side, mate. Let's not pretend that it's a good side being let down by a dodgy GK and a mobile striker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually cannot wait til the season under moyes gets book treatment. Would be the dammned united 2
At least Moyes lasted longer than 44 days

And I don't think he said many bad things about Utd before his move there, compared to Clough who hated Don Revie

I don't remember the last time I was this nervous before a game!

As much as a loss won't define our season, I've been dreaming of what a win would do for the mentality of the squad for the rest of the season. I normally expect to lose most games but I've started believing anything is possible with this squad - why not? Our players definitely believe they can beat anyone!

Now watch us get smashed...
Now I've had time to digest the game, I feel vindicated with feeling like we could win. Just ignore that last sentence :cool:.

That's our best performance this millennium. The United game last season was superb - this was just more impressive. The occasion was just so much more important. And didn't the boys stand up and do the club proud!

I think what people might forget, we've been on this run with 10-15 games to go from last season. We've now done this for just about 12 months - it's no flash in the pan. We just need to keep this up for another couple of months. We'll never get a better oppurtunity and this club has absolutely turned around my mentality - why can't we do it?! After Arsenal, we have 5 very, very winnable games. If we get something from Arsenal, oh boy!

It's so great to see everyone getting behind the club as well :thumbsu: It's great to see the lads perform to a level that entertains football fans around the globe!

Sorry mate but that's just not true.

That team you're talking about genuinely did dominate a lot of games and did not get what it deserved.

This team has been nowhere near dominant in most games. I can't think of too many games in which we have "peppered" the opposition's goal.

This is a very ordinary side, mate. Let's not pretend that it's a good side being let down by a dodgy GK and a mobile striker.
It wouldnt turn us into title contenders but for example if Sturridge was fit all season and we had ter Stegen in goal instead of Mignolet, I think we would be traveling far better than what we are.

A loss to Leicester would be the end of the title race for us IMO. Need a big win tonight and to beat Leicester just to get the belief back I think, a spanking from Barca won't help either.
Well yeah, definitely agree with this. Definitely need belief back in the squad and some confidence.

But on this, people forget huge leads have been coughed up before. United did it in 97/98 when we didn't lose in the second half of the season IIRC.

We were 11 pts ahead in in 02/03 in Feb and we lost. Leciester are obviously in a great position, but nothing is guaranteed from here.

I don't think that is the sticking point, it's just one aspect.

To be fair if the only thing you've read about it is from the club's side then you can't really have a full understanding of it can you? Because they're obviously going to put a positive spin on things and ignore other things (like the fact that they're making an extra 2 million pounds from fans this time round).

Season tickets have gone up, tickets in different areas of the ground (not just corporate) have gone up or froze and they were already too expensive.

I haven't fully immersed myself in it because it doesn't effect me, but these are die hard fans that go home and away every week and have done for years, if they feel that the club is fleecing them and that something has to be done then who am I to argue?
Oh tickets have gone up, but surely the fans knew they would? All ticket prices are going up at all the clubs, or at least at our competitors anyway.

As I said a couple of times, im not arguing at fans being upset about ticket prices. Protest all they want.

But IMO, the fans went about it the complete wrong way. Walking out on the team is not my way of supporting Liverpool Football Club.

Well yeah, definitely agree with this. Definitely need belief back in the squad and some confidence.

But on this, people forget huge leads have been coughed up before. United did it in 97/98 when we didn't lose in the second half of the season IIRC.

We were 11 pts ahead in in 02/03 in Feb and we lost. Leciester are obviously in a great position, but nothing is guaranteed from here.
I don't think chasing down us would be the issue. Spurs would be the one. If they can get 3 against City and you don't pick up the points tonight/next week, they'll be difficult to chase down with the form they're in.

I think the other thing is that you'd be chasing a couple of clubs down, rather than just one.

But you're definitely right - our 5 point lead means very little right now.

It wouldnt turn us into title contenders but for example if Sturridge was fit all season and we had ter Stegen in goal instead of Mignolet, I think we would be traveling far better than what we are.

Doesn't Mignolet have the most clean sheets over the last 12 months?

Oh tickets have gone up, but surely the fans knew they would? All ticket prices are going up at all the clubs, or at least at our competitors anyway.

As I said a couple of times, im not arguing at fans being upset about ticket prices. Protest all they want.

But IMO, the fans went about it the complete wrong way. Walking out on the team is not my way of supporting Liverpool Football Club.

Just because your competitors are doing it doesn't make it right.

13 other PL clubs want to freeze or cap ticket prices.

Back