• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Simple enough, someone who was destined for big things before injury/other cut them down

Dale Thomas- People love piling it on this bloke now, but forget how good he was pre ankle problems
He was a very entertaining footballer who kicked goals and took big marks.

Simple enough, someone who was destined for big things before injury/other cut them down

Easy to answer .... ME

Had a great career ahead of me, pity about the lack of talent ... :cry:

Kosi. Somehow managed to still play a meaningful role with debilitating injuries. Carried broken ribs into the 2010 GF and then was forced into the ruck due to Gardiners injury. One of the best contested marks in the AFL that wasn't able to play fit long enough.

I reckon Nick Holland could have gone on to be considered a champion CHF if his shoulders didn't both pack it in. He had a pretty good career up until 2000 and then as a 25/26 year old he kicked 51 goals and took 196 marks (63 contested). At this stage of his career his very unorthodox kicking had sorted itself out and he was the most commanding high mark I have seen at Hawthorn. In 2001 he was entering his prime years as a key forward and I believe signed a lucrative contract.

Then his career utterly s**t itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been good or could have been champions?

Because for many already mentioned, there's zero evidence they would have been champions.
True but hypotheticals are interesting enough.

Luke Ball had everything as a youngster. Played through OP though and lost his pace and long kick

Back