Opinion Most annoying goal celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would think that a quick chat with Norwood legend and PAFC convert Keith Thomas would ease any misgivings Aish might have about joining the Power. That said ...

I would take Steven Motlop over Aish in a second. Much better fit for our needs, and unlike Aish and his family, Steven would be the third (and best) Motlop we've had at the Power.
Daniel would be pretty f***ing awesome in this current team though.....he was huge in 2007.

That being said steven is a freaking gun I was dumbfounded when we didnt draft him...he just needs to stop doing that finger twirl s***....

Mod note: Spin off thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel would be pretty f***ing awesome in this current team though.....he was huge in 2007.

That being said steven is a freaking gun I was dumbfounded when we didnt draft him...he just needs to stop doing that finger twirl s***

Ugh, that shits me. But only because he's so good. Stick him in a Port jumper for five minutes and I'd learn to love it.

Alternatively, one hard stare from Kern and he'd put his finger away.

Last edited:

Have to say that the most ridiculous celebration was Hawthorn's Mark Williams rifle shot. Especially during 2004, 2005 and 2006 when they went 17-43 in games he played in. Not to say he wasn't good, he kicked 8 goals 3 times and kicked over 60 twice. But when your team's having it's bottom soundly spanked for most of the season extravagant celebrations aren't a great vision. And those 3 years Hawthorn were 15th, 14th and 11th out of 16 teams.

Have to say that the most ridiculous celebration was Hawthorn's Mark Williams rifle shot. Especially during 2004, 2005 and 2006 when they went 17-43 in games he played in. Not to say he wasn't good, he kicked 8 goals 3 times and kicked over 60 twice. But when your team's having it's bottom soundly spanked for most of the season extravagant celebrations aren't a great vision. And those 3 years Hawthorn were 15th, 14th and 11th out of 16 teams.
I still to this day can't understand his hatred towards us to pull out the choking celebration during that era. He was such a nobody.

Long time ago ;) but Sally f****** Saywell when he played for centrals in the late 60's, early 70's.

He was the typical out there waiting for it half forward who got the cheapies, and always clapped his hands within centimetres of his opponent's nose while mouthing off like the star turn at a teddy bear's picnic, how none of them snapped and smacked him senseless was extremely surprising, Grave Danger must have been at the other end of the ground when centrals played the Maggies. :D

To top it off, he was apparently a `to and from ' 10 pound tourist who came here when he was a kid, so he didn't have much going for him at all. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie Betts in general nuff said

*nothing to do with adelaide he was a floggish goal celebrator for years at carlton as well

Last edited:
Whenever someone mentions either Motlop or Hawkins playing for Port a piece of me dies. Not because of their footballing abilities, but because I hate both the campaigners with the fury of a thousand suns

This times a thousand. My mate wants to bring a sign that says "I sold 'roids to Tom Hawkins!" - not because we actually think he's on them...but because he's a smarmy campaigner.

And don't get me started on Motlop. He only does the twirl when they are winning. * him.

I dont get upset by goal celebrations. Someone spinning their finger is meaningless.

But they are excellent for global warming and wiping out life as we know it. More trees cut down, more toxic ink used and more fossil fuels burned to provide electricity so people can discuss how they are annoyed by them. A win for everyone concerned.

But they are excellent for global warming and wiping out life as we know it. More trees cut down, more toxic ink used and more fossil fuels burned to provide electricity so people can discuss how they are annoyed by them. A win for everyone concerned.

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-reacti-DViC.gif

I dont get upset by goal celebrations. Someone spinning their finger is meaningless.

Bad hangover REH?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back