NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

For all those ridiculing the Raiders, here's a comparison...

Since the meger of the two leagues in 1966, here's a list of how many SB, Conf. Titles, division titles and playoffs for the two teams:

SB: packers = 4 won / Raiders = 3 won
Conf titles: packers = 4 / Raiders = 5
Division titles: packers = 10 / Raiders = 12
Playoff appearances: packers = 14 / Raiders = 17

For all those ridiculing the Raiders, here's a comparison...

Since the meger of the two leagues in 1966, here's a list of how many SB, Conf. Titles, division titles and playoffs for the two teams:

SB: packers = 4 won / Raiders = 3 won
Conf titles: packers = 4 / Raiders = 5
Division titles: packers = 10 / Raiders = 12
Playoff appearances: packers = 14 / Raiders = 17
'what have you done for me recently?'

Made a super bowl? When did the Falcons last make one? ;)
a couple of years before Oakland.
But we have been relevant since the loss, unlike you ;)

What draws you guys to certain teams?
I'm trying to pick a team to follow and I need an emotional connection.

I have a NY Giants top in my closet from a guy friend for nighttime stuff but is that enough of a start to get into it?

I will probably get a NFL game on playstation to try it out.

What draws you guys to certain teams?
I'm trying to pick a team to follow and I need an emotional connection.

I have a NY Giants top in my closet from a guy friend for nighttime stuff but is that enough of a start to get into it?

I will probably get a NFL game on playstation to try it out.

The teams I support other than Dockers, South Freo, Glory and Wests Tigers were basically playing in the 1st game I watched of that particular sport. I don't have anything that necessarily draws me to a certain team.

Having a Giants top could be enough for you to get into it if you want it to be. It's worked for mates of mine for other sports. The most common answer you will get is to just watch games and wait for a team that resonates with you.

The teams I support other than Dockers, South Freo, Glory and Wests Tigers were basically playing in the 1st game I watched of that particular sport. I don't have anything that necessarily draws me to a certain team.

Having a Giants top could be enough for you to get into it if you want it to be. It's worked for mates of mine for other sports. The most common answer you will get is to just watch games and wait for a team that resonates with you.
They are all on foxtel, right? .. But I may need to record the matches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they sticking to a particular side for those games, like how 7 in Perth show Eagles and Freo games but mostly ignore the rest?

They show the nationally (US) televised games. These games are on ESPN (Monday Night Football), Fox, NBC, etc. live in the US and we get the satelite feed.

If you find a team you really like and you want to follow them closely or just want more games in general you can get a subscription at NFL.com and watch as much as you'd like to. Of course, that comes with a fee.

So all teams get featured? How many games were weekend? I think there are only a dozen or so games a season?

Not all teams. The flavor of the month/season generally get televised more often than others -- they generally based it around hype and success. Teams that are not popular and/or just plain suck rarely get a televised game.

Hmm.. I want maximum exposure.

Get Gamepass as has been said if you want to watch as many games as possible. If you are like me and just want to watch your team plus maybe 1 or 2 more games a week then just do what I do and download your teams game and watch whatever is televised.

Can someone link me to a site that explains the rules and roles, I don't mind if it's in boy language, I'll figure it out.

I'm thinking more technical, such as a ruckman getting hit outs to advantage instead of just a hit out stat.

:)

Just google it. There will be a number of sites that explain it all that shouldn't be hard to find. I think you would be best off understanding the basics before looking at the more complicated and technical rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back